• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favorite Middle Evolution

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
    My favorite middle stages have to be Grovyle, Ivysaur, Wartortle, Vigoroth, Braixen, and Dragonair.

Just to clear up something...In the Pokemon world the first stage (Charmander, Pikachu, Hitmonchan just to name a few) are called basic Pokemon. The next stage is called stage 1 (Electrivire, Ivysaur, Braixen) and the last is called Stage 2 (Charizard, Togekiss Sceptile). And a few Basic pokemon have baby forms that are not identified as basic (Snorlax has Muchlax, Pikachu has Pichu, Magmar has Magby). Just wanted to help with the terminology. I know this confuses alot of people I talk to about it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Kadabara was strong second stage evolution, as well as marshtomp. A few other of my favorite second stage evoltuions are charmeleon, qartortle, pidgeotto, vigoroth, lairon, monferno, gabite and gurdurr!

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Favorite Middle Evolution

Whether it's a starter or 3 stage dragon chain the middle evolution never gets much love. That's probably because most of them are under designed ugly ducklings! Nevertheless some ugly ducks rise to become slightly less ugly ducks, so I ask: what is your favorite middle evolution.

My favorite would have to be Grovyle, imagining it cutting fools with leaf blade is just too cool.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    My favorite would have to be Grovyle, imagining it cutting fools with leaf blade is just too cool.

I loved Grovyle's design, but I was really disappointed it didn't evolve into a Flying-type. My favourite would have to be Haunter; it looks far better than Gengar imo.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    Hmmm, I've always really liked Lairon, I was disappointed when Aggron stood on two feet.

Bayleef too, would be another favourite of mine, I really like the leaf on his head.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I really like Electabuzz, Magmar, and Roselia; in my opinion, their designs are quite epic-looking. Beside these three, I also like Charmeleon. This thread would belong better in Pokémon Voting Polls, by the way, so I'm moving it there; don't mind, okay? ^^"

Thread moved.

Years
    The ones I like are distinct from evos/preevos.

1: Wartortle, Dragonair, Kadabra, Haunter
    2: Piloswine, Flaffy
    3: Roselia, Grovyle
    4: None
    5: Herdier, Swadloon, Whilipede
    6: Braixen

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Hmmm, I've always really liked Lairon, I was disappointed when Aggron stood on two feet.

Bayleef too, would be another favourite of mine, I really like the leaf on his head.

Yeah, Aggron's design and mega evolution seem like they're lacking something. When I was younger I would always call it Aragorn from LotR, lol.

I think the Chikorita and Treecko families had great second evolutions that were ruined by their final forms. Meganium and Sceptile just look too basic, too much light green skin and not enough lush leaves. And Sceptile's tail, like what is that thing? It's like he's carrying around a small tree.

Years
    For me, one middle evolution I really like is Frogadier. It looks in prime form, and pretty cool, and while I don't dislike Greninja per se, that tongue scarf thingy, whatever it is, is kinda eh for me. Frogadier I just like the design of more. :P

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    You know, I have a lot of trouble with this. People are mentioning some cool ones and the only middle evolutions I think I really really like are Grovyle and Quilava. I like Sceptile and Typhlosion as well, though. These middle evolutions just kinda stick out because they are cute and cool at the same time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    You know, I have a lot of trouble with this. People are mentioning some cool ones and the only middle evolutions I think I really really like are Grovyle and Quilava. I like Sceptile and Typhlosion as well, though. These middle evolutions just kinda stick out because they are cute and cool at the same time.

Yeah, a lot of the middle evolutions are half baked. Most get cooler in their third evolution. Grovyle is one example of the reverse.

Years
    Sorry for juggling your thread around Haru, but since we've already got a thread asking this same question here in Pokemon Voting Polls, I'm going to merge the two threads for you, and the discussion may continue over there!

MERGED.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Sorry for juggling your thread around Haru, but since we've already got a thread asking this same question here in Pokemon Voting Polls, I'm going to merge the two threads for you, and the discussion may continue over there!

MERGED.

It's cool! As long as the OG OP recognizes grovyle's awesomeness.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Mine would probably be
    1.Dewott(looks absolutely cool)
    2.Grovyle(sceptile is fine but just outclassed by looks by his 2nd evo)
    3..Braixen(Looked great and its final evo looked kinda wierd to me)
    4.Charmeleon(his darker color compared kt charizard appealed more to me)
    5.Quilava(looked really cute but fierce at the same time)

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
    Ivysaur all the way. <3

Seadra and Piloswine have to get some love though, even if there are many second-stage Pokémon that I adore.

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
    Years
    Bias probly plays a factor in this, but I have to pick grovyle, but I have reasons.
    Grovyle is one of 6 of the 18 starter pokemon we have that has a decent looking mid form
    (Charmeleon, Wartortle, Bayleef, Quilava((He's even questionable, but I like him)), Grovyle and Frogadier) and out of those six grovyle has the best design, and anime portrayal, along with the signature move that made a pokemon I was indifferent to, become my favorite that fast.

Back