• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite planet!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
  • pluto

Since what used to be my favorite planet is no longer up for consideration, I guess I'd have to go with Venus. I think all of the other planets are pretty neat in their own ways, but Venus always stands out as so close, yet so foreign. It's one of our next door neighbors, and so similar to us in some ways, but sooooo very hostile and different in others. The thought of that planet makes me feel all cosy and safe here on earth. For now, at least.

Years
  • I spent a year of elementary school researching Jupiter. I think the main theory floating around is that Jupiter is a brown star, one that was meant to be a star, but something weird happened. It's red spot is actually a hurricane with speeds around 500 mph. And there's something mentioned about how it forms some perfect hexagon or something like that.

But, Venus is pretty cool as well with it's extreme pressure and sulfuric clouds.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Mars.

Because not only has the planet Mars have been extensively used in fictional media as an outlet or setting such as in video games and in movies; such as Demons from Mars and a manly as heck super sexy soldier hero man is about to F**k em up, and how huge ass corporations are exploiting said planet for the satisfaction of their greed as well as to contribute to some fictional crisis. Its also the planet where research for some trips to said planet are currently being undertaken.

Also, its Red. Red like the shorts i am currently wearing at the time of making this post.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    If dwarf planets counted, it would be Ceres. I mean, it's in the asteroid belt!

But probably jupiter then.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • I'd prefer to be able to not die on my favorite planet, so I'd have to say Earth

Honorable mentions go to Venus. Who doesn't like sulphuric acid raining from the sky?

Bay

Years
  • I admit when I was a child my favorite was Mars due to me playing the part of that planet during my 3rd grade school play, haha. There have some some interesting news on Mars as of recent, so there's that.

semi

the magnificent steiner
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    My beautiful planet earth Who am I kidding

Mars always fascinated me the most. From its terrains to its skyline, its an intriguing planet that may become a second home-planet to humanity in one hundred years time. Besides, Commander Mars from Team Galactic had the best hair of the three ^^

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • I like Venus! Despite it being incredibly inhospitable. Heh. I just find it mysterious and fun to research!

Jiggling Jigglypuff

I'll Sing Ya To Sleep
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Saturn is stunning looking that is for sure, but with a name like Uranus you got to love that. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    J1407b
    Spoiler:

Get rekt Saturn.

Within Sol, well, I want to go skiing on Eris and I won't take "that's not a planet" for an answer. I find the smaller bodies (dwarf planets and Jovian moons) more interesting than the conventional planets, which I've never had much love for, for some reason.

pkmin3033

Captain Scarlet has made me permanently scared of Mars. Of all of them it has the most recognisable classical piece associated with it, though.

I always liked Neptune's colour as a kid, although I liked Saturn's crazy rings, too. Venus just makes me think of the Bananarama song...was never keen on Venus as a result. Neptune is probably my favourite.

Also, Pluto is still a planet. It was only declassified to make all the little kids cry. It's got a Sailor Scout, so it's a planet.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Besides Earth, my favourite would probably be Neptune. It's just so pretty and blue, I've always been fascinated with it. :pink_boogie:

Back