• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favorite Pokemon Game

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Mine will be HeartGold!

I haven't played it yet but just by watching the videos, I know I'll like it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2010
    Gold is the best Pokemon game ever, in fact one of the greatest games of all time.
    And the Pokemon series has went downhill after Gold/Silver, with a not-so-great upgrade to Crystal, then a pretty bad Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, to an okay Pearl/Diamon....but yeah Pokemon isn't the amazing stuff it was back then, and of course with age comes less squalor to the series, at least for me.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Blue as far the one I enjoyed the most, probably because I was young and anything with Hyper Beam won, lol.

But the most fun as far as replay value was RSE imo, I just, like it. I think its because its fast, but fun, unlike DPP.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Yup, but it didn't really have many additional features though.

Select items, night/day, moving sprites, 100 new Pokemon, breeding, egg moves, new moves and TMs...yeah. That's not by any means a lot.

For me, it's Silver and Platinum. Good plots with both and we all know silver's my favorite color. Platinum is just boss.

Ihtesam19

The Best Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Select items, night/day, moving sprites, 100 new Pokemon, breeding, egg moves, new moves and TMs...yeah. That's not by any means a lot.

For me, it's Silver and Platinum. Good plots with both and we all know silver's my favorite color. Platinum is just boss.

lol by features I mean any difference in the gameplay, there was some , but not BIG changes.

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
    Years
    Silver, just because I played it when I was young and it was one of the first video games I ever played. There's something about the nostalgia of the Gameboy Pokemon games that makes them so much more enjoyable than DPPt.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Heart Gold for sure! it's the latest journey game. I just found Heart Gold Exciting. (From the screenshots) I am still waiting till March 25th 'Shrrriieek!' I can't wait! ^-^

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
    Silver & Fire Red. Silver was the very first pokemon game that I've ever played, and it brought so many new things to it ^_^ I like Fire Red because.....(insert reason here) ^^; Although SS will probably take the win. It's coming out this weekend! =D

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    No.1 is Silver
    No.2 is LG/FR
    No.3 is R/S/E
    No.4 is Platinum Pearl and Diamond

@Curious nice, Scizor is the coolest Pokemon out there

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    lol by features I mean any difference in the gameplay, there was some , but not BIG changes.
    So the day/night system, breeding, held items, the split of the Special stat, and the introduction of two new types don't count as major gameplay changes? :P

My favorite Pokemon game is easily Silver. Not just because of the new features, but also because of the cool Pokemon designs, the music, the rival, the Johto region, and the large amount of post Elite Four content in going to Kanto (Not a complete list, but a general list).

Considering that I know a very large amount of the content in HG/SS, though, I have a feeling that come March 14th, my favorite Pokemon game just might change for the first time in nearly ten years.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Crystal because it blew me away and no game since has done that...Sunday it will change to SS because its Crystal with bonus features...

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2010
    Pokemon Silver... it just makes me so happy playing it today due to the feelings of nostalgia. The storyline and characters were so easy to fall in love with and it's so much more friendly (to me at least) than any of the new ones). :)

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    Mine would be Pokemon Yellow.
    That was a fantastic game. Pikachu could follow you (yeah, I thought it was cool), it was kinda harder for me and Brock was heaps more challenging.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2010
    I just love Clefairy, even though she's not that popular and I also like Scyther and Scizor, and Lickitung and Lickilicky. My favourite of all time must be Froslass, Gallade, and Togekiss so I adore them.

Miria

A wild Miria appeared!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    I have to agree.. Pokémon Yellow was awesome when it came out! ^^ You could get all the starters and starting off with Pikachu following you was just really cool!

Back