• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite Pokemon game...

Years
  • Hey everyone!

I have already posted this twice now. The first time it got moved somewhere, never saw it again. So I posted here on a questions thread and I haven't been able to find it. Even with a search. And there doesn't seem to be an option to look at the previous posts I have made... so I am asking again and this time I will bookmark the page!!

I am falling in love with Black & White but due to certain circumstances I can't play it freely. Only 15 minutes a day or so. What I want is to play another Pokemon game in the meantime. What do you guys suggest? I really like a game with a good story/challenge/adventure. So please post your opinions.

If this gets moved or deleted or locked, well, I think I will just have to try a different forums because I don't understand the rules here.

Roughneck Tom

The dawn of a new champion....
    Years
  • 2 regions , 16 gym battles , 11 legendaries , awesome battle themes , a huge variety of pokemons to catch , the strongest in game trainer ever , ability to get starters from 3 regions , well Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver is the best game ever and also me favorite game of pokemon

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    HeartGold is my favorite, tightly followed by White (if not tied with HG), though I've only played them and Yellow + Diamond so I can't really compare with every game or Generation (since I haven't played anything from Gen III).

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • HeartGold with outshining colours. It's amazing, the detail, the graphics the extra features; it keep the games spicy and new yet still maintains the nostalic essence of the original. The most decision determining factor would be definately the extra features and the details tbh; it's amazing how they've taken the inative to implement such things as the follow me feature, the extra portions of the sotryline. <3

Years
  • Heartgold is also my favorite <3 There is so much to do with two regions included, and having your pokemon follow you is so awesome ^^

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Platinum is my favorite, followed by Leaf Green. Platinum brought many improvements to the D/P games and kept me entertained for hours, and LG has the best female protagonist ever, as well as being able to visit the region that started it all.

HG/SS fall short because of same level problem as in the originals, as well as a disappointing and weak final "boss" (and I hesitate to call him that; he's just a glorified Youngster) trainer. B/W are brought down by a messed up experience system and a lack of features from the prior games. And the less said about R/S/E, the better.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Overall? I am going with Emerald. I can replay that game any day, any time, and always enjoy it no matter what. It's nostalgic for me, too. I also love SoulSilver, White, and Red.

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2012
    HG/SS are my favourite games. Up until that point, my favourites were the second generation, but seeing them remade was nice. They kept to the best storyline out of the three (Crystal, duh), and seeing the sprites improved was great (I'd not seen many Gen II "modern" sprites because I'd not been able to get any for Platinum).

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2018
    Platinum strictly because of Cyrus. His plan was amazing and the climax was crazy. I loved his speech to all of the Galactic Grunts than they took Mt. Coronet and it all went insane!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • If I had to choose one, then it'd be Ruby. Like Syd, I can play that game any day, any time, and always enjoy replaying it again. I've already played that games so many times over that I've lost track. Other games I like would be Platinum, SoulSilver, and White.

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    My top two would have to be RGBY (Japanese version), and RSE. If it has to be one of the versions each generations, then my pick is Red version and Ruby version. Both of the Generations are for nostalgia (especially Ruby when I was in my final year of Elementary School). I love the music and concepts for both of them as well as Pokemon.

Edit: Note to self. This is not a favorite character thread.

Sorry about that guys!

Last edited:

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
  • I will make my full list( My list of "the best"):

1. Pokemon Red/Blue
    2. Pokemon Emerald
    4. Pokemon Crystal
    5. Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
    6. Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green
    7. Pokemon Yellow
    8. Pokemon Platinum
    9. Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
    10. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
    11. Pokemon Gold/Silver
    12(!LAST!). Pokemon Black/White

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Black, White, Gold and Crystal. The other games didn't appeal to me as much as them. As to why I said both Black and White, well... White has Iris and Thundurus, Black has an awesome Opelucid and Black City. :x

Gold and Crystal, despite the second being a third version, they feel like they go together more like a set, though I probably wouldn't feel that way if I played Silver...

EITHER WAY. Those four are best to meee. :3

Back