• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite Pokemon(or Pocket Monsters theme) of all time in your opinion

TSS_Killer

The (6) Train BCCS Owner
Years
  • As the topic states....

My fav theme of all time has to be the opening theme of the First Pocket Monsters Movie, Myuutsuu's Counterattack by Matsumoto Rika,for these reasons

1. Its upbeat and a bit brassy,which I like

2. It could be used as an inspirational song,because it has that certain feeling to it.

3. It beats out the Pokemon First Movie theme imo...and this theme would be better to have in a battle,than the other theme.

FanGuy

Rocket ShyGuy
    Years
    • Age 40
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 30, 2004
    I never really thought about a favorite. I guess either "Mezase Pokemon Master" (first Japanese intro) or "Gotta Catch 'Em All" (Italian) are tied for my favorite. I wish I'd seen some of the other season openings in japanese (besides Advance Generation, but I didn't like that one much).

Then again, "Summer Fan Club" (opening to Pikachu's Summer Vacation) is fun too, if you like a lot of sugary-sweet cuteness. :D

カスミ

Wo ai ni...
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 8, 2005
    |Japan|
    I've always loved Whiteberry's version of Mezase Pokemon Master. No offense to Rika, but Whiteberry just has a cuter singing style. Besides, I'm more of a techno/dance girl, so you can probably see why their version is rated higher. It's much more bubbly and happy go lucky. They also seem to put more feeling into their words.

|Italy|
    Jouto Champions league hands down. I absolutely love this theme! It's so easy to dance to and super cute! ^^ I also love the singers. They're much better than the English ones!

|US/UK/Aussie|
    Probably Advance's "I wanna be a hero". For some reason, this one just seemed really good to me. ^^ Much better than the past themes. Especially better than the Jouto theme. Ugh. I can't stand that annoying "do do do do" crap. x_X It didn't even come close to OK! *sigh* Really, I think "I wanna be a hero" was sort of an improvement on Advance Adventure. I love the Japanese theme, but the guy's voice just irked me a bit. ^^;;;

Lonepichu

Happy-Insane dance time
    Years
  • I like both the Japanese and English 7th openers, though I also love "Gotta Dance" song ^_^ it's uber cute.

And the song Make a wish is cute, but as for themes, 7th on both.

*As you can tell by my sig, I love the Jirachi movie ^_~*

TSS_Killer

The (6) Train BCCS Owner
    Years
  • I like that song too...alot more brass instruments in that theme,just makes it sound better. Of course I have that song.

FanGuy

Rocket ShyGuy
    Years
    • Age 40
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 30, 2004
    カスミ said:
    |Japan|
    I've always loved Whiteberry's version of Mezase Pokemon Master. No offense to Rika, but Whiteberry just has a cuter singing style. Besides, I'm more of a techno/dance girl, so you can probably see why their version is rated higher. It's much more bubbly and happy go lucky. They also seem to put more feeling into their words.
    Is that the version that's at the beginning of Mewtwo Strikes Back? I haven't seen it in a while and I don't know Whiteberry, but I remember it was a different version than on the show.

yoshi1001

Pokemon Disc Jockey
    Years
  • Born To Be a Winner (4Ever version), though it's never been as successful as I'd like. Maybe it's just is 5.1ness.

The Italian stuff is good as well, as is the Japanese work (in particular Rival and OK!).

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • Advanced Generation Opening (#6). Then probably the fourth one, which was just an update of the first. I don't quite remember the name of it.

As far as US titles go, the first has the nostalgia factor, and Johto Journeys was done well too.

I'm giving a special mention to US #4 for having exclusive footage.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    From best to worst *my opinion*

Orange Islands Intro
    Advance Intro
    Johto Journeys Intro
    Advanced Challenge Intro
    Johto League Champions Intro
    Gotta Catch 'Em All (1st Intro)
    Master Quest Intro

GOD.

life is great
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2005
    i liked "this dream"(advance challene), very big and loud with with a cool tune

Back