• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite (positive) memory on forums?

Years
  • So, besides being on PC, what other forums do you have memories of? (positive memories)

I remember I joined some Bleach fan forum about a year or so ago, and made a bunch of friends in some sort of a chit-chat thread. I always stayed in there and never broke out into any other forum sections. Sadly, some things happened and I ended up just stopping.

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
  • I've been on a few forums, but I've never really had any memorable positive memories on them. I usually ended up just leaving because I felt like nobody really cared what I had to say..

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    i have joined some forums recently but I am not active on them much . I am most active on PC
    so....... I do not I have any good/positive memories so far :P

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I've been on several forums, and currently active on another one, a music forum, I made a lot of friends there, they are great. And the staff gave me an opportunity to become a Junior Mod as well, it was a great experience, so it counts as memorable right? :'3 ..

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I'm most active on PC nowadays. I used to be on a few other forums (that will go unnamed), but I never really had anything memorable happen.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Im very active on other forums. On one of them I was a moderator for a short time, it was a pretty great experience, also on that same forum I made alot of great friends and I like it alot over there.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    PC is basically the only forum that I have been active on recently. However, when I first found forums, there was another Pokemon Forum (now dead) that I used to go on a tooon, called Mew's Hangout. Between then and this forum, there was a Danny Phantom Forum (or two, haha) that I used to go on a lot, but one of them changed so much, which led me to the other DP Forum I frequented, and the other one is basically dead as well last time I checked.

And if Gaia Online counts, then I've had my fair share of good memories on that as well.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • My very first forum experience (and also the most memorable) began on Neopets when I was about ten or so. I frequented the site up until high school, but I still keep in touch with a lot of friends from back then. Some of them I've known for seven or eight years now. This may sound silly, but I can't imagine life without having known them.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • My first experience on a forum was on Supercheats. ^__^ I loved it, they had all the stuff we have here plus threads for individual games. xD I made quite a few friends there, lol. After that, I was a member of a LOT of different forums. xD

My most memorable experiences though were on a small forum of probably a couple dozen members who were all just friends from a different site that shut down. There were bad memories there, but also plenty of good ones. ^__^

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Wayyy back before I even joined PC under this account... In 2005-2006, I was really active on Serebii and ThePokePlace. Typing out all of this is very nostalgic. I miss the friends I've made online. I must say, these 2 forums influenced the way I behave on forums today. :(!

For Serebii, I was involved in the Face Offs community. I became addicted to Face Offs because one thread's final match-ups were Ho-oh vs. Latias. I'll never forget it. Her, GoldenHouou vs me, AngelLatias! Haha, good times. I had a bunch of friends, such as Waterdragontrainer, Xi/Pure, Agent Mist/Illegible, Wig, Kikas123, Umbreon, Snowing, etc etc.

For ThePokePlace, I posted around the general Pokemon and off topic boards. I made tons of friends there. I worked my way up the staff ladder to admin. It's a shame the domain came under attack, though. I miss everyone, especially Lanie/Kris, Oversoul, RR, shadow3944, Savage X, Shakkinai, C101Yorkie, Pikawho, umm yeah too many to list.

Somehow, if you're out there, I'm here. :P

Years
  • Becoming a moderator on a certain very big Pokemon forum. It didn't last long (I chose to resign) but it was a fun experience nonetheless - I had fun chatting to the regulars of the section I moderated and the staff were very friendly.

PC-wise, my most memorable moment was the first thread I ever made on here getting over 80 replies. Can't say I saw that coming.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I remember having a sprite shop back at Bulbagarden and made sprites for anyone who requested for them. PC-wise, I remember having extensive knowledge of Pokemon Black/White before they were released to the US.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hmmm, this forum that I made for a few PC friends and I. It went about 3-4 years and was just a place for a few of us to hang out, it had Christmas parties and all, lool. Kinda ashamed to look back on it now, though, but it was good fun at the time. XD

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    My first forum memories where back in the day when I was programming Warcraft 3 maps (2005). A relevant forum for that stuff was thehelper.net where you generally received help for these matters. It was a great experience and my first online 'friendship' happened there.

I've browsed quite a few forums ever since. My most notable memories are from kokirikids, a LoZ forum that got hacked after a while, L2elite and some other MMO forums.

Currently, I browse PC, MyMGN - a massive gaming community where I also happen to be a global moderator of, and playdota - another gaming forum. Funnily enough, I never browsed serebii, bulbagarden or other pokemon forums before OR after PC.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    On SPPF it was keeping up to date with Water Spirit and her fan fiction and the general commnity in the fan fiction area. I also loved all my pm chains I had going on there :)

On PC, the same, I loved my old pm chains (WHY DID I DELETE THEM? I MISS THEM) and just posting around in member fanclubs with my friends. Those were some awesome times <3

Back