• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your favorite soundtrack.

Years
  • The Legendary Beast theme, Gym Leader music from Kanto and Johto, as well as the Champion theme are my favorite tracks from HG/SS. I even remember stalling the final battle against Suicune in SoulSilver just to be able to listen to that soundtrack, since you can't listen to it in-game once you catch the entire trio. All of them set up really good pump-up tunes, which is a nice change from the trumpets from Gen III.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Sinnoh had some great music, as did the Johto remakes. My favourites are probably Canalave City, Hearthome City, Cyrus' theme, Elite Four Theme (Sinnoh), Route 42 and Cianwood City.

Years
  • I love the Sinnoh soundtrack, especially the earlier towns routes. I'd have to say that Twinleaf town is my favourite. I think its because Pearl was my first game, and therefore that music brings me all the way back to my first days playing Pokemon. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Sinnoh's soundtrack on general brings the nostalgic side of me out. But if I had to pick a favorite, it would be the night pokemon center. I mostly played pokemon diamond at night when I was supposed to be sleeping.

Years
  • I mostly loved the night version of Hearthome City's theme, as well as Twinleaf Town. I feel like the calmer music was what stood out to me as far as the Sinnoh games' soundtrack goes.

Splitzblue

Pokemon Maniac & Fan Of The N.Y.C
    Years
  • The OST for Sinnoh was just unbelievable. I like the music for Rte.206 and 216, proving that
    Generation IV really is better than the previous ones. Veilstone City and it's Game Corner had great music as well. The Pokemon League Building music was intensity to the ears. Ending this list off the Fight Area music. This one is just awesome. :D

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • Favorite 4th Gen Soundtracks

- Ecruteak City | [The theme gives off a really nice, calm feel; Ecruteak City is also just a really awesome location overall]
    - VS Frontier Brain (HG/SS) | [I'm always a sucker for fast-paced battle themes, but VS Frontier Brain brought me to a whole new level]
    - VS Ho-Oh | [Drums were epic]
    - VS Giratina | [I doubt I need to elaborate on this; Giratina has one of the sickest themes ever]

ElCabron

Su Cabronito!
    Years
  • Hearthome aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Route 209. There's also the main legendary battle theme (Dialga/Palkia) that really stood out. Canalave too. Sinnoh was really sick in that regard! :D
    My fave however is the Team Galactic HQ theme (the final one, at Driftveil I believe) and Eterna's Forest theme. Those are really amazing!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Easily the Route 216 tops among my other Sinnoh favorite tunes.
    This so much. The route sucks because who likes getting stuck in snow for the entire route, mixed in with trainers and hidden items and Hail which hurts nigh all your Pokemon? But the tune is fantastic imo, and one of my favourites from Pokemon games in general.
    The Legendary Beast theme, Gym Leader music from Kanto and Johto, as well as the Champion theme are my favorite tracks from HG/SS. I even remember stalling the final battle against Suicune in SoulSilver just to be able to listen to that soundtrack, since you can't listen to it in-game once you catch the entire trio. All of them set up really good pump-up tunes, which is a nice change from the trumpets from Gen III.
    Always loved that theme as well, and liked its remix in HGSS. =)
    Veilstone City and it's Game Corner had great music as well.
    Yeah, its game corner theme was pretty good imo. HGSS' was too although sadly you could only hear slot music in the Japanese version iirc.
    Favorite 4th Gen Soundtracks
    - VS Ho-Oh | [Drums were epic]
    I was worried that nobody would mention this! Thank you. While I love HGSS music in part because they are remixes of GSC tunes, of the new tunes it brought us the Ho-oh battle theme was fantastic (and sadly significantly better than Lugia's theme too). I've listened to that theme quite often.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I love the stories and thoughts behind Gen IV's soundtracks, when I said Gen IV that of course includes HGSS.

For example like Route 216, the soundtrack begins with a calmer and gentler tune until around 0:40, after than it gets crazier and intense. It really matches the scenario perfectly.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    Most of the battle music in DPPT was pretty good, and the postgame routes had pretty nice music too. Also Mt. Coronet and the lakes all had great music. Other than those and the battle frontier areas' themes, there wasn't a whole lot I cared for much.HGSS had some pretty good battle music, especially Silver's theme, Ho-oh's battle music, and some of the Kanto battle music. All around its music wasn't that bad either.Overall, Gen IV had some pretty nice music.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2017
    route 216 at night, mt. coronet, route 210, route 225, jubilife city, solaceon ruins, eterna forest and snowpoint city at night

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    Your Rival in HG/SS"s theme. It just felt like a big deal when the start of it got going.

Also, I loved the music in Violet City.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    The theme that played in Eterna Forest as well as a couple other places, I believe. Just super enjoyable stuff right there.

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • HK
    • Seen Sep 9, 2017
    Gen IV has the best soundtrack overall in my opinion, so it's quite hard to judge and pick a favorite. From the massively loved route theme like Route 209 to Cynthia's theme, it's rather impossible to pick the best because their differences in genres.

So um, I mean, there's Route 228...there's...Canalave. Maybe...alright, who am I kidding? I'll never be able to make up my mind.

...Just waiting for the Gen IV remake.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • My favourite soundtrack has to be the Team Galactic Admin Battle. I also love the Grunt Battle. Out of all villainous team battle OSTs, this one has the best. Mt. Coronet was also the most awesome BGM when not in battle in this generation.

Too bad they messed up Goldenrod City in the remakes.

Back