• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite starter of all the regions

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Kanto: Bulbasaur (or Charmander second)
    Johto: Chikorita (Cyndiquil is close)
    Hoenn: Treeko ( Torchics close too)
    Sinnoh: probably turtwig...
    Unova: Snivy...

wow... I mainly like the grass types... though the fire ones kick ass~! ;)

FlamingThunder

Years
  • Kanto:
    004MS.png

Johto:
    155MS.png

Hoenn:
    258MS.png
    or
    252MS.png

Sinnoh:
    393MS.png

Almia:
    446MS.png

Unova:
    501MS.png

I included Almia because you said "Who's your favorite starter from any region?"
    ANY REGION is what you said XD

Kninj

Collector Extraordinaire!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 19, 2012
    Taking into account basic stage only...

Kanto: Squirtle
    Johto: Totodile
    Hoenn: Torchic
    Sinnoh: Piplup
    Unova: Snivy

aaand Least favourite.

Kanto: Bulbasaur (though he's still awesome xD)
    Johto: Cyndaquil
    Hoenn: Treecko
    Sinnoh: Turtwig
    Unova: Tepig

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Definitely Mudkip (and not just because I liek them [/bad joke]), but Totodile comes in a close second. Except for in the first-generation games where I choose Charmander, I always go for the Water types. They're just more useful to me than the Fire-types. I especially like Mudkip because of its Water/Ground dual-typed evolutions that really do some damage later on in my Ruby games. Totodile's a cute little Poké, too, and it's served me well in my SoulSilver teams.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I guess maybe Charmander. It was my first choice in gen 1 all the time and, to be honest, no other gen ever had starters that really compete with gen 1 for my attention. :(

(Though if Pikachu counts, since it's totally a starter, I'll choose it.)

HiroUey

Pokemon Master of Masters!
    Years
  • Its a tie for me:

Squirtle - My very first pokemon and only kanto starter i really use.
    Cyndaquil - Typhlosion is my favorite pokemon period.

Years
  • My favorite starters are
    Unova: Oshawott
    Sinnoh: Chimchar and Turtwig
    Kanto: Charmander
    Johto: Totodile
    Hoenn: Torchic

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • My favourite starter from all the regions is Bulbasaur. I mean, sure. My first ever starter in pokemon blue was squirtle, but, I love bulbasaur more because it gave me more of an edge of the first few gyms in the Kanto region than Squirtle or charmander. I wasn't also a fan of the kanto grass type pokemon you'd find, which appealed me to get a bulbasaur even more! I'm also a fan of the Fire / water / grass combo, which bulbasaur allows me to also get a few my favourites: Growlithe and Lapras, and combine them with it. Its a pretty nice combo, IMO.

The art design is also pretty cool and kind of original; and its also kind of cute, IMO. <3 I also like totodile, cyndaquil, and tepig, but bulbasaur would have to be my favourite all-time starter. <3

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    It's somewhere between Squirtle and Oshawott.

It's a very close call, but I'll have to go with Oshawott. He's just cute, tough, and downright awesome.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Charmander
    Squirtle
    Bulbasaur
    Mudkip
    Chikorita
    Turtwig
    Totodile
    Chimchar
    Cyndaquil
    Torchic
    Snivy
    Piplup
    Treecko
    Tepig
    Oshawott

Bulbasaur and Squirtle are interchangably my second and third favourites but the rest is pretty much set. Funnily enough, Oshawott was my Generation V starter. That list really only applies to the first stages. For example, I love Dewott and Sceptile but I don't really like Swampert.

Years
  • Gen I: Even though Bulbasaur was my first Pokemon ever, Pikachu would still have to be my #1. He was so cute! and I loved how he would walk around with you and you could talk to him. That first gym battle with Brock was such a trial though!

Gen II: Cyndaquil. He's one of the most adorable starters and he still looks good when he's fully evolved. I like Totodile too, but once he evolves he looks rather ugly. There's also an abundance of water type pokemon in G/S/C anyway, so Cyndaquil always seemed to be a more strategic choice. Chikorita and it's evolved forms are mehhh. There are much better grass pokemon that you can catch later.

Gen III: I chose Torchic for Ruby, and originally ended up regretting it until I fought Drake and his dragons. Blaziken's mirror move was a life saver. One-hit KO on his Salamence! So, seriously, Blaziken FTW <3

Gen IV: Turtwig! I really like the moves he can learn when he evolves into Torterra and always thought I his grass/ground typing was cool. Empoleon has an interesting typing too, but I don't like his moves as much.

Gen V: I haven't played that far into White, but I chose Oshawaott and so far I love him. I can't wait until he evolves into his final form. Samurott looks so cool!

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • Kanto

#1: Bulbasaur
    #2: Squirtle
    #3: Charmander

Johto

#1: Cyndaquil
    #2: Chikorita
    #3: Totoile

Hoenn

#1: Treecko
    #2: Mudkipz
    #3: Torchic

Sinnoh

#1: Turtwig
    #2: Piplup
    #3: Chimchar

Unova

#1: Oshawott
    #2: Snivy
    #3: Tepig

So Fire is my least favourite type.
    Water is second.
    So that leaves Grass as my favourite out of the three types.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • Well, it's impossible for me to pick just one... but, overall, I'd have to say it would be a tie between Cyndaquil and Charmander. I love pure fire types and really hate that they've started a Fire/Fighting trend for the fire starter. Aesthetically, though, I'd say Chikorita... it's just so cute. Aesthetically fully evolved, Typhlosion, because it looks awesome. Fully evolved in general, another tie between Charizard and Typhlosion.

Back