• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite Starters

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2008
kanto-charmander
johto-Totodile
hoenn-treeko
sinnoh-tutwig

Last edited:

Lynnx

half listening.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 11, 2009
Kanto: Charmander
Johto: Chikorita <3
Hoenn: Torchic/Mudkip
Sinnoh: Piplup

Charmander, Chikorita and Piplup are my favorite starters, but I don't really like any of the Hoenn starters so I alternate between Torchic and Mudkip.

Spiron

High life.
Years
I'm going to post my favourite starter from each region, if that's okay. It'll be kinda hard to pick, though.....

Anyway, Kanto's an easy one -- Charmanader, without a doubt. I picked him as my started when I first played Pokemon Red Version years ago, and have loved him ever since. One of the main reasons is because I really like both of his evolved forms.

Johto is alot harder, but I'd have to go for Totodile. Again, he's the dude I picked when I first played Gold. I like Cyndaquil, but not very fond of his evolved forms. Yeah, so I have to go with Totodile.

I'm not a fan of the Heonn starters, but I'd more than likely pick Treeko, mainly because Ash had an awesome one in the anime.

Sinnoh was pretty much the same as Heonn, not a good selection of starters. I'd go with Chimchar, though. His evolutions are pretty awesome, too.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Mine are:

Kanto - Charmander
Johto - Totodile
Hoenn - Treecko
Sinnoh - Turtwig

Funny thing is, I'm not even into grass-types. Treecko and its evolutions were just cool, plus I liked them better than the other Hoenn starters, and in truth I'm not really fond of any of the Sinnoh starters; I just thought Turtwig's concept was more interesting, I guess. Cyndaquil would be a close second for Johto, but overall my favorite starter is Charmander. Maybe I just like reptilian Pokemon best.

Years
Bulbasaur and Totodile are my favorites overall. Bulbasaur's so modestly aggressive and determined, plus I have a thing for quadruped pokemon (save for Turtwig, which I absolutely hate). I like how cheerful Totodile is all the time, always dancing; gators are among my list of favorite animals.

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
Years
I'd have to say all water pokemon from all different regions ;D (Water Pokemon Rules!)

Chimecho_V

Chimecho Master
Years
I agree with you. But Piplup is the best of them. I also have to say Torchic is pretty cool.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 27, 2011
All Gen 1 and Gen 2 are my faves. Gen 3 and Gen 4 didnt had that interessting pokemons for me.

Darkaoz

Compulsive Procrastinator
Years
hm...My favorites....

Kanto: Charmander (always loved salamanders xD)
Johto: Cyndaquil (Cute!><...and fire type <3)
Hoenn: Mudkip (He may be water type....But he's pretty awesome ^^...Especially in the games ^^)
Sinnoh: Chimchar (Once again...Fire type!)

Back