• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite video game console(s)?

What is your Favorite Console?

• Commodore 64

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Atari 2600/5200/7800/Jaguar

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • NES

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • SNES

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Nintendo 64

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Nintendo Gamecube

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • XBOX

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • XBOX 360

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • GameBoy

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • GameBoy Colour

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • GameBoy Advance

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Nintendo DS

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • Playstation

• Playstation 2

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Playstation 3

• Playstation Portable

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2017
    Lol i forgot to put in the SEGA... so ill just put it here and any other consoles i forgot...

Master System
    Genesis/Mega Drive: 1
    Game Gear
    Sega 32x
    Sega CDNomad
    Sega Pico
    Saturn
    Dreamcast: 1

I'm just curious really, what IS your favorite Video Game Console/Handheld.

For me, the list is not that long.

Atari 2600 (WTH a 16 YO playing games from the late 70's!)
    NES
    SNES (REAL GOOD)
    Nintendo 64
    PS/PS2
    GameBoy/Colour/Advance
    Nintendo DS (Could be better but MEH)

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    My votes are for:
    Nintendo DS. One of my favorites as I can't put it down!
    GameBoy. Had most of my favorite games in it.
    Nintendo 64. Had some of my other favorite games on it.
    Nintendo Wii. Super Smash Bros. Brawl. That sums it up!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Ninety? 0.0'. How many letters do you see in the word "WTHIWWU"?

My fave is just the Wii. Because mom never let me play the XBOX line or the PS3, not even the PSP, and the hell not with any of the classics.

But I am finding it confusing that some people even vote for the Nostagic Games. They are not that good in Century 21, people -_-...

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • But I am finding it confusing that some people even vote for the Nostagic Games. They are not that good in Century 21, people -_-...

Yes they are. And, in fact, much better than most games that come out nowadays.
    Good games are games that can be played now and will be played even more in the future. You could pick up Super Mario World back in 1990 and have blast and pick it up right now and have just as much fun. You can't say that for most recent games because in one year or two, a new, better version of it will be released and you'll just forget about the first one.

And by what I understand from your post, you have never played these classics. You really should, before making a rather stupid statement like that.

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
  • I have a fat Black PS2, Wii, GBC, GBA SP. Between those four, here's my order.

1st - PS2
    2nd - Wii
    3rd - GBA SP
    4th - GBC

PS2 is a very awesome console since I can do some DRR exercise. : 3

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2017
    Lol i forgot the SEGA...

My Fault...
    -_-"

─AdvancedK9─ :My fave is just the Wii. Because mom never let me play the XBOX line or the PS3, not even the PSP, and the hell not with any of the classics.

But I am finding it confusing that some people even vote for the Nostagic Games. They are not that good in Century 21, people -_-...
    Well AdvancedK9, first of all, how the hell do you think we got the pokemon games eh? That all started with Red, Blue, Green and Yellow! Secondly, I enjoy the old school games, probably because i was brought up with a Atart 2600 in my house, and it provided me with hours of entertainment.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • My votes?

Gameboy Color
    :] My first console ever! I adored this thing and spent so, so much time playing it. Even though, looking back, I only had a handful of games. XD; Pokémon series ftw!

Nintendo 64
    Second console and first TV console. We used to rent one from Blockbuster once a month until my parents realized it would be a lot cheaper to just buy us one. XDD Ever since we... end up getting consoles no problem--very little begging (if any!) involved these days but man did we feel the begging paid off back then. Loved this console to pieces and I still like most of the titles we had for it.

Playstation 2
    I didn't have an Xbox last gen and... well, I had a Gamecube and adored Melee and Symphonia, but considering I've probably put waaaaay over 1000 hours total into my PS2, it gets the crown. I love it so much that I've got two. XD One for me, one for my brother. He missed it too much when I insisted on taking it away with me for school. (If our PS3 were one of the BC ones, we wouldn't have needed a second and it'd get a lot more playtime. XD) But yeah, with Kingdom Hearts, Tales of the Abyss, Final Fantasy, etc., it's just gotta be my favourite.

Nintendo DS
    While the GBA was fun, it just didn't have the same charm as the DS. I just LOVE the DS. Sure, a lot of games seem really gimmicky with the touch screen and whatnot, but overall I just love the feel of most of the games. It has an impressive library and--best of all--it's portable. I've really preferred portable gaming lately and the DS is most definitely why.

Xbox 360
    My newest console (oh wait, that'd be the PSP... oh well) surprisingly is one of my favourites. It's strange, I never EVER thought I'd get an Xbox because I thought it was stupid in last gen and barely even paid attention to it before it got Eternal Sonata but now it trumps all consoles but the DS for how much I play them right now. :B It's just got such a great library and I'm really getting into it.

My fave is just the Wii. Because mom never let me play the XBOX line or the PS3, not even the PSP, and the hell not with any of the classics.

The great thing about a lot of older games is that, amazing graphics or not, they stand the test of time. They're fun which is what a lot of game developers have neglected in newer games. Sure, a lot of new games are fun for a bit but they don't have the same replay value.

I don't know how old you are, but assuming you're not old enough to have played these retro games, you wouldn't get the nostalgia factor. But I bet one day you'll look back and be thinking "wow, I wish I could play that one Wii game again. I wonder if my Wii would still work if I dug it out?" ;p

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020

This post has offended me in ways I never imagined were possible.

There's a Goddamn reason why they're called "Nostalgic games". >_>

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    People. I've played the classics before. Geez, you don't have to rep me because of a simple damn opinion. If I say I don't get it, why the waffles am I getting ganged up on? :*|

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    People. I've played the classics before. Geez, you don't have to rep me because of a simple damn opinion. If I say I don't get it, why the waffles am I getting ganged up on? :*|
    I would rep you, too, if I could. Most games that came out before 2003 have far higher replay value than many of the games that have come out since around that time. I have plenty of Wii games, but I rarely touch most of them because of how inferior they are.

As for my vote,
    NES
    The classics. I play the NES occasionally nowadays, and I really prefer most of those games to the likes of SSBB.

Nintendo 64
    Pokemon Snap, the Stadiums, SSB, Wave Race 64. All games that were really fun at the time. I don't play any of them anymore though.

GB/GBC
    Only got the Pogeyman games for these systems. Had some fun, still play some of those games.

Wii
    Most of the games lack good story modes and online modes, but I like the innovations.

DS
    Again, innovative. I sort of like DP, but I mainly bought the DS for ACWW. Pictochat was pretty fun the first few times. They should've made it Wi-Fi.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2017
    @ AdvancedK9: We aren't ganging up on you at all, but we are just stating our opinions. Though I know it is illegal to download ROMs but why don't you download one (Atari, Commodore64, NES) those type of games, have a go at playing 1 of them, if you don't like it, well then yea you don't like, it will be a different experience for you.

Last edited:
    Back