• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite year?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    What was your favorite year (because of something that happened, or otherwise) up to date, and why has it been your favorite? Do you look back on it with nostalgic feelings and wish you could go back and relive the experience?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I wouldn't want to go back at all to be honest, I'm pretty happy with the live I've been given, and I enjoy it. But yeah, I think reliving it would ruin it idk.

I suppose my favourite year for me would be around the time I was 13, so 2009. It was pretty much stress free for me. Though I probably can't remember much stuff at the moment, I'm sure there have been other years I've really enjoyed...

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    2001/2002 or 2008; both times I just had a lot of decent friends, got equal enjoyment from being active in sport (I ACTUALLY PLAYED SPORT) and quiet time reading, enjoyed school and just had regular stress-free years with no drama. I often look back and feel bad about it all disappearing; but I don't think I really want to go back, because I was just naive, probably why I was happy with it all.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    2011, for me, so right now basically. I could pretty much express everything I posted in the year summary thread, but as a whole I think it turned out perfectly overall, and that I got a lot more done this year than in past years, as well as that, also being more social with people, which is something I haven't done in the past. Plus getting to know amazing people, etc and so on. And yeah I look back on parts of this year with nostalgia, idk, I get nostalgic easily!

Before this year, 2010 was my favourite. I can assume my next favourite will be 2013 or remain 2011. Also, yes, I'd love to live in July 2011 specifically forever, but oh well.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    I'm going to say 2010. Sure, most of the year sucked. After all, it's the year I started high school, which has proved to be the worst time of my life so far. D:

But! In 2010 I had the best summer ever. We didn't go on vacation or anything- But I had a blast regardless. I hung out with my cousin all the time and stuff, and I got to spend a lot of time just reading about computer history, which was awesome. Not to mention, I still had high hopes. I thought high school was going to be the greatest thing ever, and I spent all my time daydreaming about how awesome it'd be. Which it wasn't.

So 2010 pretty much consisted of the best and the worst time of my life. :P But still, I'd count it as my favorite because nothing was more awesome than that summer was. But I don't want to relive it, cause now I know how things will turn out. D:

Years
  • Well, 2011 has been a bit interesting for me apart from joining PC back in March (a week after that earthquake in Japan).

Before then, I'd say 2000 cos that's when Sydney hosted the Olympic Games.

For the future, well just look and see (who knows, even my hatred Wikileaks may expose something lol)

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    It's hard to pick, because 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 have all been the best years of my life thus far. All because I made lifelong friends, fell in love, took my first clumsy steps into the real world and because I look forward to the future and can't help but think it's going to be a bright one :3.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • In 2005, everything was going great for me. I met the woman who I thought would be my future wife and had hope instead of the later sting of her betrayal. I was doing excellently in school, received many accolades, and everyone was telling me that I had a bright future, which I actually believed at the time. It was my most active year on PC and I had more friends here than I knew what to do with. I was youthful, in the best shape of my life, had energy, had suppressed all of my psychological problems, and basically felt the most normal, fulfilled, and wanted that I had ever felt in my life.

Whether I'd actually relive it depends on if I could alter some choices. Everything I had ever built up for myself came crashing down in 2006 and beyond, and I'd be far happier today than I even was back then if I could have just had some foresight. No way in hell I'd relive a second of that year if I couldn't actually change the experience. Looking back, it was a false happiness.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • This is such a cop-out, but I have a five-way tie.

1996 - My first year of school. While I have memories previous to this, this was the year where my memory starts to become really coherent and there's nothing I remember about that year that wasn't fun and magical.

2000 - Fourth grade was possibly my best and most fun year of school ever. I had my favourite teacher, a middle-aged English woman named Mrs. Watson, and she was just such a fantastic teacher. I think it often goes underestimated just how much a teacher affects a year.

2007 - Eleventh grade. This was the Year where I transformed from a kid into an adult (at least in teacher's eyes) and I no longer had to do PE because it wasn't compulsory anymore. That was the bane of my existence and to be rid of it was just so freeing. Also, it was the year I lost a ton of weight, which was a huge thing for me.

2010 - After an ill-fated attempt at university in 2009, this was my first real year of freedom. Man, it felt amazing.

2011 - Finding PC and meeting all you people was a great thing for me, and

No, I take that back. It's a four-way tie. Meeting you guys was amazing, but a year in which Harry Potter ended could never earn a place on my favourite year list.

Also, I try not to look back on them because if I nostalgia for too long then it starts to hurt. I find if I spend too much time thinking about the past then I get lost in it and it depresses me that I'm not there anymore.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    - I was by myself
    - I regained my love for video gaming
    - My personal favourite year to go to conventions

- I started making more friends
    - I got a good job

Both 09/10
    - I had so much freedom
    - My friends werent so busy
    - I had a lot of simple yet good memories from these two years (just little moments like going for walks with my friends etc)
    - Everyone I knew and associated with had such beautiful personalities

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    my favorite year is 2009 and 2011
    2009--My class teacher and the Christmas celebrations in my class were the best. :P
    2011-- i got good marks in exams and found PC

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • 2001. Senior year of high school, and I was at the very top of my game then. I was doing great in my studies, had lots of friends, was involved in lots of activities and clubs, and was having a really fin time. Also in the latter half of that year I started college, which was fun for a bunch of reasons... freedom, finally living in the south, unlimited internet, eating out more, and plenty of new friends (and at that point I still talked regularly with my old high school friends as well).

Close runner up would be the latter half of 2006, which marked my triumphant return to college, this time for graduate work :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Honestly, each year keeps getting better and better for me. I know saying that will result in a steady downhill for the rest of my life, but I'm willing to Jynx (heh!) it, as 2011 has been really good. Secure in the knowledge I had secured employment, I didn't have to worry too much about uni grades, made a lot of new friends, reconnected with some old ones, had a great summer holiday, started law training, 20 films at the LFF (a record!). Yeah, this was a really good year.

It also helps that my memory of stuff that happened even 2 years ago is basically non-existent. I can't remember any of primary school or the first few years og secondary school, and stuff after that is hazy at best. It may well be that 1994 was a wonderful year, but I definitely wouldn't be able to remember it.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • 2008: because my Baby cousin Tia was born and just acknowledging and holding her when she was still a baby was heartwarming.

2009-2011: I spent and got pretty good things that I achieved and worked hard for; not just that, but I also met some really great people, who were supportive and I also found more and more of myself a long the way.

I would also say that 2001-2003 was good because it was the nice in general. ;D

Years
  • I don't know... Maybe 1996, everything is more fun when you're 4. Or how about 2001, I was nine, I had lots of fun with my friends (who are still almost the same ones as today), I dominated in school without much effort (except sports, art and music, at which I always sucked regardless of anything), life was easy, life was good.

Most certainly none of the last 8 years, they all kind of sucked in retrospect, each one in it's individual way. Well, 2008 (I think) seemed pretty good at its end, but if I look at what I remember now, I see myself being a horrible, horrible idiot and already paving the road for two of the three events in December 2010 that almost completely ruined my life.

dnomyar27

Beginning VulpixEevee Lover
    Years
  • my fav year 2004

The best year was 2004, i buy my first pokemon game, firered, i was so exited, then i choose squirtle, and because i knew almost nothing about pokemon games, and i only trained Blastoise, lol, and then Pidgeot. I remmember my first party: Blastoise, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Mankey, Nidorina and i forgot, never mind.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I liked 2006 more than every other year so far. It was a 'crossroad point' of my life, I finished middle school, had the best summer yet, my family was well together and our country was generally in good condition, overall.

Then I nailed it in 2007.

Back