• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite accent?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Yeaah, yesterday I read on the Daily Telegraph that the Irish accent is the favourite of all girls around the world XD

Soo I wanted to see if the results are the same on PC: Which accent do you like the most?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    lolwtf, Gav's ain't my favourite.

Probably American or Scottish. Since I don't really like Siggy's that much (BUT YET YOU'RE STILL GREAT, GURL), and the Australian one I hear all the time. :(

jupotatoes

Yeah buddhay!
    Years
    Damn, the PC forum does not support phonetic fonts...
    Everyone says my dorky accent is cute, while I find my norwegian friend's the cutest evah.

Years
    lolwtf, Gav's ain't my favourite.

Probably
    American or[S-HIGHLIGHT] Scottish.[/S-HIGHLIGHT] Since I don't really like Siggy's that much (BUT YET YOU'RE STILL GREAT, GURL), and the Australian one I hear all the time. :(
    The American accent annoys the hell out of me. It butchers the English language, IMO =/

Scottish would have to be my favourite, although the New Zealand accent is the best to imitate. :D

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Scottish accent, because of Frankie Boyle and Gerard Butler.

That and Russian, no reason. o..o

French because of Arsene Wenger. xD

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
    I'm more of a fan of French accents for some reason. Not the stereotypical romantic ones, but the every day spoken French.

I can't stand Scottish accents anymore. :c

Years
    The American accent annoys the hell out of me. It butchers the English language, IMO =/

Scottish would have to be my favourite, although the New Zealand accent is the best to imitate. :D

Way to offend 300,000,000 people in one fell swoop, buddy =/

But yeah, Texan accent all the way! :D It grows on you T~T

jupotatoes

Yeah buddhay!
    Years

All do respect ther Archer, no harm meant. That 'butchers the language' kinda thought is merely linguistic bias. I suggest you google it, try and find out why some variants of a language are more prestigious than others (long story short, social-economic status of a group who uses the variant), and how harmful that can be to one who's discriminated because of his language. Also, all languages change continuously and there's no language (or variant, in that matter) more difficult, functional or perfect than another. The way we express ourselves through language is deeply connected to our onthological self, if you state something like americans can't speak English, you're basically - not intendedly, I get - stating they are nothing. If americans speak different English, that's because they live in a different environment, with different people and conditions. Think a sec about everyone speaking equally. We'd have to get out of our ways to express our emotions and feelings... language does that naturally. "I have a headache" "gotta tie my shoes" "I'm treating you formally". You see?

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    I personally don't see what's so great about Scottish accents… although maybe that's because I hear people with them all the time. XD

I think Australian and Irish accents are pretty awesome. (b ")b

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    To be honest, accents are alright in small amounts, but I usually get annoyed with them pretty quickly. I like the Canadian accent best since I can actually understand people when they speak most of the time \o/.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
    Irish and Scottish because it makes a person sounds tough. I'm really fond of a lady with a Spanish accent. XD Anything's better than my southern one. >_>

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Irish, Scottish, and British <3

They're all so full of win. I'm even lucky to have a guy in my grade who still has his British accent after living all these years in America ;_;

Oh, and Arnold Schwarzeneggar's accent from the Terminator movies <3

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    For guys, Irish and Australian. It's just a coincidence that I'm half Irish and half Australian.

For girls, Spanish and Italian. They're just so... exotic.

benthekid

Know one knows you like you do
    Years
    i like the irish acent its so sexy!iam a boy,and i date an irish girl

chavs accent is the worst along with pikey and English.now my joke,what key pics every lock?a pikey!if u think thats funny,pm me

Last edited:
    Back