• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favourite Game Developers

TY

Westwood, made some great RTS games (Red Alert 1, Tiberian Dawn, etc.), though i like Generals aswell, made by EA... Tiberian Sun could have been better if EA just let Westwood finish the game... all i´ve heard things that could have been added... made me a bit rage against EA...

Naughty Dog, i have all the three Uncharted games and i simply love them.

Rockstar Games, GTA, Midnight Club... games that i keep playing and they are great...

Treyarch, well WaW was really good, but the Zombie could be better (my knife gets stuck in a zombie while he hits me twice in a row), though i like them more than IW...

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Always loved Rare's games from their GB days to their N64 days to their XBOX days. Yes, I like some of their Microsoft games!

Other's developers?

I like all indie game developers. They seem to make their games seem more personal and never cash-in on games for money.

Yes, I love Nintendo and game freak, and I wouldn't be on this forum if I didn't.

NatureKeeper

#1 Nintendo EAD: It made Mario, Zelda and Metroid. Without it, there wouldn't be Mario Kart, no Ocarina of Time.

#2 Game Freak: Creating Pokémon, obviously.

#3 Shu Takumi's Team: Creating Ace Attorney. I hate the rest of Capcom.

#4 Rockstar Games: Grand Theft Auto. Pissed off they don't develop for Nintendo systems anymore.

#5 Square (Not SE, just Square): Final Fantasy I-X. 'Nuff said.

Years
  • Valve.
    They have such an amazing marketing style when it comes to in-game content. And some of their games have easter eggs as well which is awesome.

Blizzard.
    Blizzard is great too just because they make great e-sports game like the infamous Starcraft. Also release dates for them are iffy. lolol

User19sq

Nintendo. In general, they put out great games in the past. Of course, recent ideas have been going a bit off lately, but they still manage to release awesome games in this age, Like The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Game Freak. Unsurprising, considering I'm a member of this forum. XD But seriously, if I had to pick a franchise to be my absolute favorite, Pokemon would be it. From childhood and ongoing, I love the series. If there never was a Pokemon game released, I'd be an entirely different person right now!

HAL Laboratory. They make the Smash Bros. games, afterall. The Kirby games are also great, but some recent wones have been released on the downlow, which upsets me. Other titles, like Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards and Kirby Super Star (and it's remake) have made me an extremely happy boy in my time!

Valve. Probably the only developer that has no ties to Nintendo (at least a big-time developer). My favorite series would have to be the Portal games, for being briliant with a very limited cast. Other games, such as Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead, are fun games to play with friends or others online, and have a nice amount of comic relief and awesome/balanced-out gameplay, keeping things fair. I'm currently playing the half-Life series. I'm scared sh*tless of the headcrabs, but otherwise, I'm enjoying the story. (I want a headcrab hat, for some odd reason. Is that bad?)

A small-time guy, but still worthy of mention, is Jonathan Blow. Creator of the videogame braid. So far, that's his only videogame on the current market, but it's briliant, fun, metaphoric, poetic, and head-scratching all at the same time. Easily one of my favorite games of all time.

I would've mentioned Sega, but I feel that their only contributions are Sonic games, while most of their other works are living in shadows for the most part. Other developers I'd like to get my hands on would be Konami (specifically for the Metal gear Solid titles), and SCE Santa Monica Studio for the God of War games.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Gust: Creators of the awesome Atelier game series, I like the art style of their games as well as their unique take on roleplaying (less emphasis on battles, more emphasis on creating stuff/alchemy).

Nintendo Mario. 'Nuff said.

Namco: Mostly for the Tales series.

Special mention goes to indie developer Hanako Games which has quite a few inexpensive but surprisingly immersive games under their belt.

(Game Freak would be on this list if it were still 2009 and Platinum had been the last Pokemon game released).

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Ah, I forgot one:

ZUN (aka Team Shanghai Alice, the creator of Touhou Project and various other games), not only because the games he makes are enjoyable, but the music he brings to gaming is arguably the best out there, and the fan community really gets involved and play a large part in developing the characters' personalities and the world that is Gensokyo. His art style may be a little rough, but it's not so bad that it should turn people off of the games themselves. It's rather sad the the stuff he makes is so overlooked compared to other indie games, though I think that's due to presentation, exposition, and the fact that he's in Japan and his games aren't digitally available.

Last edited:

Nijiri

Manectric Fangirl.
    Years
  • Excuse me for liking them but one of my favorite game producers would have to be Konami, especially with Kojima Productions. Did anyone mention that before? I loved the Metal Gear Solid and Zone of Enders series. Not to mention what Psycho Mantis did with his "mind control" powers in MGS2. Anyone?

Obviously my other favorite companies would have to be the famous ones like Square Enix, Nintendo, Atlus, NIS America... Most people here already said everything about them; but I have some respect for other game producers like That Game Company for their rather unique games (especially Journey) and Pixel for Cave Story.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I remember always being very excited when a Rare game would be announced for the N64. While the only Rare-game I actually played full-on was GoldenEye, the snippets that I played of Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark and Conker's Bad Fur Day were really vivid and have stayed in my memory to this day. Indeed, pre-Microsoft-sale Rare was the only company I could even think of when looking at this title for the first time, so it shows how much of an impact they've had on my gaming life! :D

Back