• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite Generation and Region?

Aurora01

Goodbye
Years
  • My favorite region is Johto.
    My favorite Generation is Gen I/Gen II

I love the old Pokemon and games. ^_^

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • My favorite Generation & Region would always be Generation II and the Johto region. I also like Generation 1/Kanto region, but nothing can top the awesomness of Gen 2.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    My favorite generation would be Gen V. My favorite region would be Hooen because of it's sheer size and variety.

Buggyo

I read the news today, oh boy.
    Years
  • Favorite Generation:
    Probably 4 as of now. It's impossible to deny that each gen has added tons of new features that have made the gameplay a lot more fun and engaging. Only thing holding me back from saying 5 is that it took away so much. (game corner, cycling road, battle frontier, etc) But with the 3rd version coming out, I'm sure Gen 5 will become my favorite, especially with the imminent reintroduction of the Frontier.

Favorite Region:
    1. Johto. Not even just for nostalgia, I thought it was the most interesting and balanced.
    2. Kanto. The classic. There was a lot to do, and I liked the immense amount of backtracking required.
    3. Sinnoh.
    4. Unova. I hated the awkward shape that it makes around the Entralink. It just seems too unnatural. And as much as I hate to say it, too many bridges...
    5. Hoenn. This reigon was just so awkward. It never really felt like a Pokemon game to me. :/

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Geographical location? Hoenn definitely. I mean, it was so awesome. At one point..you get the to visit a volcano! And it was just so awesome..It also had a lot of surfing parts..And the islands were pretty cool. Johto was pretty good as well though. My favorite gen? V probably, with I coming in a very close second. V's plot was just awesome, except I absolutely HATE Ghestsis. The way he used N? OFF WITH HIS HEAD! But I loved how N stood up for his ideals and did everything in his power to do so, and I felt uber sad when I beat him and crushed his dream. And his ideals actually made sense...And they werent too cliche, like taking over the world and whatnot.

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    Favorite Generation: First Generation (Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow), and Third Generation (Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald)
    Favorite Region: Kanto (First Generation), and Hoenn (Third Generation)

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Favorite gen: 1st (Blue will always be my favorite game)
    Favorite region: Kanto

I think those two questions are pretty much gonna go hand in hand for the majority of Pokemon fans and the games that they were first introduced into the series. I just love going back to play Blue because it just has so many memories form when I was a kid.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Hoenn is still my favourite region geographically, because the terrain was so varied and interesting. Gen IV is my favourite, though, because you get to go to three of the then-four regions available. It was great!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Kanto will always have a special place in my heart because I grew up with it.

But my favorite generation and region is Sinnoh <3 I loved it from the start.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    Favorite Generation: Generation IV, because we had a total of three regions to play in, and 493 Pokemon where most were designed really well.

Favorite Region: Johto, since HeartGold and SoulSilver are my favorite games.

Back