• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite in-game pokemon cry.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
  • Glaceon, Chandelure, Reuniclus, and some of the legendaries have really cool and hypersonic cries that fit their design.

Kricketune, Starly, Riolu, Mareep, Whimsicott and Minccino also have cute cries imo. ^^

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
    Years
  • Kricketune's cry is the best because that delelelelelelele-wooooop!! is so darn epic XD.Gallade's cry is awesome as badass.

Years
  • Pokemon cries are weird, believe me.
    My favorite would have to be Magikarp's, Chandelure's and Castform's.
    Don't ask me why, because I don't know why.

;)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So I transferred up a Dialga to my Y yesterday....it's cry still sounds bad.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • My favorite is Shellder. Cloyster is nice too, but I really like Shellder. I think they ruined Shellder's cry in Gen 6, so my favorite in Gen 6 is probably Aurorus.

Jaystar

Sinnoh Veteran
    Years
  • I like how Aurora's cry sounds so echo-y~ I also loved Lopunny's little vwup VWEEup ^^

I also thought Lucario's cry sounded cool, but my favorite HAS to be Sigilyph. It sounds so alien and mystical.

Years
  • Mudkip would have to be my favorite. Mostly for nostalgic reasons, considering it was my first starter, it's so odd but so comforting. ^u^

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
    Years
  • There are entirely too many to list that I really love. Froslass' is really pretty off the top of my head- they really used the whole superior sound system the DS has to the GBA on a lot of the 4th Gen cries, though. Kricketune's and Lopunny's used to crack me up like nobody's business, too.

I seem to recall really liking Aurorus' cry too, although I've only heard it once.

Shhmew

Years
  • Amaura's cry is my favorite ~ its so darn cute!

I second that.
    Thirded ;_; It's so wonderful. Aurorus's too, I didn't want to take it off my team mostly because of its cry. (it kept fainting... but its cry was so magnificent...)

Gen 6 did amazing with the cries though, the majority of them just sound perfect.

Let's see, some other notable cries I can think of that I really like before gen 6 are Articuno, Flaaffy, Milotic, Togekiss, and Lumineon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • A couple of favorites..

From days gone by (pre X/Y 8 bit buzzes)
    Xatu/Natu
    Togetic
    Paras
    Clefairy
    Dugtrio

Pokemon Stadium (the first one)
    Ninetales

Newer Handhelds
    Burmy
    Bidoof
    Cherrim
    Stunfisk (yes I know)
    Krookodile
    Braixen

About all I can think of right now..

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Cherrim, Manaphy, Phione, Glaceon and Reuniclus. :D

I also like Pikachu's cry -- a classic. ;) I don't think it sounds great or anything but for some reason whenever you hear it, it kinda sounds enjoying and you always recognize it's Pikachu. :)

T-Zombie

The End (?)
    Years
  • I liked Gourgeist's and Vivillon's cry because they kind of got with the types of pokemon. My least favorite pokemon cry is Pikachu's X and Y just ruined Pikachu for me.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Most of the time, I play Pokemon without sound so I've never really listened to many of the cries.

However, the other day I was hatching some Skitty and I had my volume turned up and I found out they have the most adorable little cry!

So I would definitely say Skitty is my favourite. :P

Years
  • It'd have to be Honedge, Riolu, Shaymin, Meloetta, Gardevoir and Metagross. Meloettas cry is just so...pretty, gives me a very Snow White feel.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Noibat & Noivern: Those are really acute bat sounds

Serperior: the sound is almost like hissing

Skitty & Delcatty because the sounds are like kitten and cat, 100% acute than persian or meowth

Fennekin: I find it pretty darn cute.. <3
    Froakie & Frogadier, because the sound almost like frog croaking
    Fletchling: sounds like a REAL bird cry than other bird pokemon I know
    I find littleo quite adorable too <3
    Skiddo because almost sound like a real goat
    Honedge, Dublade & Aegislash: because it's those of a sword.

XD Tyrantrum sounds like real T-rex or dinosaur roar
    and Xerneas/Yveltal also my favorite

Mesmerella

Preschooler
    Years
  • My favorite's is Huntail! I don't know why -- Huntail's cry is just really odd, and I love it. I also really like Vaporeon and Articuno, though, I liked those better before X/Y... Is it just me, or are a lot of the "remastered" cries really staticky?

Back