• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favourite Places

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    I searched for this thread but couldn't find it (surprising :o) so here it is;

What are some of your favourite locations from all the regions in every Pokemon game to date?

I really liked Sky Pillar from R/S/E with the Mach bike puzzle! It was so much fun and it was one of the things I hated seeing gone in OR/AS. Another place I loved with the Opelucid City Gym (Drayden's) in B2/W2! The dragons were epic and it just hypes you up for the battle! My favourite location, though, just has to be the Distortion World. The moment I went in there for the first time, I knew it was going to be amazing and it didn't disappoint at all.

Years
    Sky Pillar for me too. It was frustrating to me as a kid because I used the Acro Bike more back then, but now I can get to the top without any hassle. Fortree City is another one because of the philosophy behind the architecture of the buildings; I feel like living high-up in a treehouse would make me feel safe and protected from whatever might be down below. Humilau City I like for its location, a bustling city resort at a beach; it connects to Undella Town as well through the Marine Tube, my favorite landmark!

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    Spoiler:

The Marine Tube was awesome! Seeing Wailords above you was just awe-inspiring. Unova had amazing landmarks (I also really like the Village Bridge).

A place I forgot to mention was the Trick House in Hoenn! That place was amazing in both R/S/E and OR/AS! I love puzzle so it was probably my favourite building in Hoenn xD Sootopolis gets a mention for being inside a meterorite crater (volcano crater in R/S/E)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I don't remember the name of the place but I believe there was this one park in B/W that had Stunfisk appear everywhere on a certain day? I loved that place so much.

I think my second favourite place would either be Snowpoint City or Ecruteak City though! The snow in Snowpoint was incredibly pretty whilst Ecruteak was always the most relaxing city in the game to walk through and enjoy. :]

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    I don't remember the name of the place but I believe there was this one park in B/W that had Stunfisk appear everywhere on a certain day? I loved that place so much.

I think my second favourite place would either be Snowpoint City or Ecruteak City though! The snow in Snowpoint was incredibly pretty whilst Ecruteak was always the most relaxing city in the game to walk through and enjoy. :]

I think you're remembering the Moor of Icirrus. It has puddles that freeze in winter so you can only catch Stunfisk during the other three seasons xD I really liked it too. Once again, Unova seems to pop out xD

Ecruteak is my favourite city in Johto! The buildings and it's history are both great and it's just such a cool town.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Lumoise City, I just like the cheery music also Lavaridge because hot spa

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Virbank City is the coolest place ever with its music and Pokéstar Studios and everything. Icirrus City also looks great in winter when there's snow everywhere, I like snowy areas in anything. =3

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    A place I forgot to mention was Goldrenrod City! With Whitney the ridiculously hard gym leader and an underground scene that rivals PokeCommunity's (xD) along with a radio tower and many other awesome buildings, it's another really cool place in Johto!

Years
    Johto (HG/SS): Goldenrod City, Ecruteak City, Pokéathlon, and the route to the Poké Safari.
    Hoenn: Fortree City(and the surrounding wilderness), Slateport City, Sky Pillar, Sootopolis, and
    Sinnoh: Underground, Battle Resort, Resort Area, Mt Coronet, Pastoria Gym, Veilstone Gym, Battle Frontier, and the Pokémon League.
    Unova: Nimbasa Gym, Driftveil Gym, Opelucid Gym and it's city in Black, Plasma's Castle and the Victory Road in B2/W2.

Those are the places I like best I can think of right now lol. Really, Kanto through Sinnoh are my favorite regions due to numerous reasons, especially how they look. I spent hours playing underground in Sinnoh or in my Secret Bases. Location wise, I think Sinnoh has most of my favorite places to be. Unova would have to be my second least favorite, with Kalos taking the least favorite spot. If it weren't for the roller coaster based gym or dueling dragon themes then Team Plasma's castle and the Victory Road would be the only places I'd actually like in BW.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Anistar City, simply because that music is amazing. And even besides that, it's just a cool city! I'm also fond of Lumiose City--there's so much to do there. And any place with that many cafes has to be pretty awesome ^^

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Olivine City and Ilex Forest! It was hard to pick just one location for Johto. Most of this region is beautiful.

Mossdeep City! It has a space port, and that's awesome!

Snowpoint City! And, routes 217 and 216. Such a beautiful part of the map and I love snow and icy Pokemon. It was a highlight of my adventures in Sinnoh.

Lumiose City! Definitely the star of Kalos, no pun intended. I love large cities, so I was very excited to see that there is so much to do here.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
    Sometimes I like to imagine what it would be like to actually live in the region of the games I'm playing. I liked Unova the best from this perspective. There were so many things to do and places to go. I think if I lived in Unova I would love the Village Bridge so much. That and Castelia City. I'd love to go there too.

Also exploring the ruins of the Team Plasma castle would be pretty fun for me too.

Now I wish I had a portal there or something. That would be such a cool place to visit.

Back