• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite Pokemon move?

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    1. Sheer Cold
    2. Blizzard
    3. Psychic

In that order. That is all.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Night Slash and Leech Seed definitely. :)

But i also like Metronome (i love watching unknown moves' scenes) Earthquake, Surf, Stone Edge, Strength, Swords dance, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, and Bug Buzz.

echolocated

rated R for robocop
    Years
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Aura Sphere
    -ExtremeSpeed

but i have so many faves, i had to pick four. Three of those are on my Lucario, actually:)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Aurora beam in the first two generations; epic sound effect.
    As for something more contemporary with our times: signal beam.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Bullet Punch/Vacuum Wave for priority, Close Combat for being really awesome, Dragon Dance because it's amazing, Quiver Dance because it's perfect against Pokemon that primarily use Special Attacks, Calm Mind too, Perish Song + Protect, Wish + Protect, Psyshock because it is literally perfect against a whole lot - never use Psychic anymore, Stone Edge because it has a chance for a crit and is SO USEFUL against a lot of the OU Pokemon, Drain Punch for recovering HP, Taunt for being a livesaver, Stealth Rock for annoying the opponent, Swords Dance for raising attack, Outrage because it's awesome, Scald FOR CHANCE OF BURN - aka useful @ competitives, uhh I think that's about all in terms of battling.

In general though, someone else mentioned they liked aurora beam, I also loved it as a kid :)

Years
    • FL
    • Seen Dec 21, 2011
    Well, hidden power is cool cuz its individual to every pokemon, but it's not my favorite.
    My favorite is a combination of superfang and electroball, cuz a really fast weak pokemon can kick some butt too ;)

Years
    I love Thunderbolt cos many Normal, Psychic, Ghost, Steel and Electric-type Pokemon can learn it.

I also love Razor Shell, because of Oshawott.

I love how Ash's Oshawott uses Razor Shell in the anime.

And the animations of Ice Beam, Psychic, Psyshock and Flamethrower are cool too.

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    OK, one of my favorites has to be Leaf Blade. Awesome move. Any Pokemon that learns it becomes one that I will enjoy playing with.

And then, there's Aura Sphere. Another rare move, but awesome. The fact that it has a stellar 90 base power, and never misses, makes it one hell of a move.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    So many moves. ;w; I guess, Earthquake, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Psychic, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Earth Power, Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance.

They're all amazingly powerful and have cool sound effects. :) I guess for appearance only Hyper Beam will always look cool. Especially the Gen I version. :3c

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
    Uhh, let's see here... Flamethrower, Thunder, Ice Beam, Overheat, Blaze Kick, Fire/Ice/Thunder Punch, Steel Wing, Sky Uppercut, Razor Leaf, Stone Edge, Fly, Aqua Jet, Slash, Rock Tomb, Metal Claw, Magnitude, Metronome...

Uhh, yeah, I think that's it. Those are my personal favorite moves.

EDIT: Ahhh! I forgot one: Perish Song.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Ice beam, flamethrower, dragon pulse, surf, psychic, energy ball, thunderbolt, earthquake, hurricane, razor shell etc etc
    Soo, generally, I like the ones with a really high accuracy x3;

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
    Earthquake, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Ice Beam and Surf.

Surf because it's more than a move, and I almost always choose a Water-type starter, so I teach the move to it. ;)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Flamethrower! I can't go a game without it! And if I do go without it, I have to have some other Fire move somewhere in my team. Otherwise, I feel incomplete.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Agghh, why does it always have to be like this? I have a lot of favorite moves, but I think Petal Dance definitely stands out! ;'P

Back