• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite RPG video game? (Not pokemon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolwut

Too cute for you
Years
  • Well if there's already a thread for this then sorry you can delete it, but what im wondering is, what's everyone elses favourite RPG video game? If you don't know what RPG stands for (Role playing game) then now you do. To start the thread off, My favourite is Final fantasy, but kingdom hearts/dragon quest are pretty amazing

Last edited:

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Heck yeah, Final Fantasy : D
    And the Shin Megami Tensei series!
    PERSONA ForkThatWaffle!! XD

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • Wrong section, yo.

But Chrono trigger. Either that, or Fallout 3 (if it actually qualifies as an RPG)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Dark Messiah
    You'll just have to watch a gameplay video, a textual description would be inadequate. The story is below average by most accounts, but hey, we've got a first person sword/staff/whatever fighting game — cutting Orc heads off and being smart with the physics engine are more fun than stories.
    Speaking of Orcs, the developers did well to try something different with them; instead of the minions of some evil overlord they are a self-respecting tribal warrior race. They also have reddish skin which imo works better.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • This is the wrong section, but I'll answer anyway.

I'd have to say Final Fantasy VII. I just wish they'd quit making so much spin-off garbage of it. I think the fact that Advent Children was received so well says something pretty lousy about the anime fandom as a whole.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • WRG or JRPG?
    WRPG would be Morrowind
    JRPG, would be Mother 3.

And isn't Zelda an action adventure game? I guess it could be argued either way.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Its probably either Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, or Final Fantasy. I dont know they are both real good RPGs. :)

mega-dark

In a alternate universe
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Huh?
    • Seen Sep 5, 2010
    Most titles made by Nippon Ichi. Personal favorite of Nippon Ichi are Soul Nomad (Gig Rocks) and the Disgaea series (Baal's power level is OVER 9000!!!)
    Other RPGs I enjoy are Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy.

Switchback

Flare Counsellor
    Years
  • My favourite RPG's are Final Fantasy and Persona. I don't think I can ever choose between the two of them, from Tonberry's to Thanatos, it simply can't be done. In fact, I'd kidnap Vincent Valentine and Souji Seta and keep them in my closet as my partners in crime if I could. But of course, I can't because I'd be mad.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The only RPGs I ever truly enjoyed were Western ones, specifically Bioware products; Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights both come to mind.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Fallout 3, Oblivion, and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. :] I'm sure there's more I've enjoyed, but those three are my favorites.

Thundєr

Freelancer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013
    I have some, but my top ones would be Final Fantasy and Tales series.

jmadude

Keybledar43
    Years
  • My favorite RPG is both the Kingdom Hearts games because they have a lot of action and you get to make some decisions that affect how your player's abilities play out during a battle. And also because I really like how the story goes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back