• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite songs?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I want to know your favourite songs.
    I like Pitbull so I his songs are my favourites.
    His songs have good melody and beat.

So please be nice and answer these questions: ^^

What are you favourite songs?

Why are they your favourite songs?

When you last time heard them?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Zeromancer - Gone To Your Head, because it's one of those few songs that actually makes me stop and think about all the **** I've done back when the times were good yet dark when I was too young to know how cruel the world can be sometimes and when I found a future in the shadows of the cities where I was all but a mirage within the crowds.

Last time I heard it was around September of this year.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Super Bass, Fly, all of the glee songs and Rhianna songs are my favorites <3
    I don't even know why I like them tbh. owo; And the last time I listened to them were.. today. o3o;

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    My favorite song changes on a daily basis, but at this very moment I'll have to go with "We Found Love / You Da One" by Rihanna. I listen to songs that are usually pop and catchy. The last time I had heard of the song was just a few minutes ago. xD

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • "Holy Wars... The Punishment Due" by Megadeth, "Creeping Death" by Metallica and several songs by Iron Maiden, including "Fear of the Dark", "Hallowed Be Thy Name", "Children of the Damned", "Still Life", and many more.
    I love them mainly because of the guitar work. I listen to them every day. And I love the first two because of the lyrics as well.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Most anything by UVERworld.
    Good singer, good drummer, bassist, and guitarist~ They do alot of different styles too

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Favorite song of all time, as I've stated many, many times:

Arizona - Kings of Leon
    Why this is my favorite? Well, it was the first song I heard by them. I tend to like the first song I hear from an artist more than anything else. But this song is my favorite and is important to me because I always felt like it was a song to describe the relationship I had with a certain someone. It was more from his point of view rather than mine though. But it still meant a lot that he called me his Arizona. It's an amazing, beautiful song though, personal attachments aside. Give it a listen. Last time I listened...eh. It's been a while. It tends to make me sad if I'm not in the mood for it.

Songs that are right behind it:
    Fix You - Coldplay
    Chin Music For the Unsuspecting Hero - Foster the People
    Hanging On - Active Child

It's funny how I say I hate sad songs and don't like listening to them, but these four songs are all kind of sad and aren't upbeat at all really. But they're my favorites. I don't know...it seems like emotional songs like these just stick better than the upbeat songs. Those are temporary favorites that don't have too much meaning, usually not long-term meaning anyway. And I think that's why these sadder, more thoughtful songs are my favorites.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • My favorite songs are What I've Done, by Linkin Park and 21 Guns by Green Day because of their combinations of fast and slow beats. The last time I listened to them was around a few days ago when I was bored.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • There are a lot of songs that I like, but my al-time favorites would be Fotografia by Nelly Furtado & juanes and Obsession by Aventura. They're such beautiful songs.

Houndour2005

Banned
    Years
  • What are you favourite songs?

Rot Sind Die Rosen - Semino Rossi

Because he is cult

Last week.

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
  • What are you favourite songs?

Kesha - Cannibal / Kate Perry - Last Friday Night
    I like the singers, lyrics, melody, etc.
    Last week / Yesterday

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I've already posted my favourite songs of all time plenty of times, so I'mma just post my favourite from 2011. Might introduce some people to some new recent music.

Most people have heard a few songs by Elbow, but don't actually know the band. They are still reasonably well known, but still, imo, should be considered one of the best current bands from the UK.
    indie rock is really the only way to genre categorise them; but I like the frontman's summary "we're a bit like a prog rock band but without the solos".
    My favourite track from their latest album, Build A Rocket Boys!:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTcrX17joIE
    the strings about 5 minutes in are just great, as always lyrics are really good too.

This one is really good too, and a bit more accessible I think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwcsVEwJyj8

Low, I like for similar reasons. They've established themselves in the """underground indie""" scene way back in the 90s (one of the most important bands in slowcore), but are still making great music. Their latest album C'mon is ons of the best amongst the 9 albums they've made.
    Again, my favourite is quite lengthy, but I just love the buildup to such a great crescendo:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEXTHwjFpww

And another more accessible one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_G7PYb3aD8

SBTRKT is one of my favourite current musicians; post-dubstep is what most people call him, but I've heard people call it soul-step and I prefer that label. The tracks with Sampha on them are so much better as well:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKY1iy9pxdU

I discovered this yesterday too and it's beautiful. Great lyrics; even sadder when you find out what it's about.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp9vq2QZjXQ

and pretty much all beyonces latest song everyone's already heard that not gonna tl;dr it

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • My favorite song is Mr Blue Sky by Electric light orchestra. I usually listen to it, when I'm really down and want to cheer myself up. The last time I listened to it was about a week or so ago, but the reason I love this song is because the whole melody or song it's self is really easy to get in to and it's awesome in general.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    What are you favourite songs?
    Breaking Benjamin-Give Me a sign,Without You,Fade Away,I will Not bow,Blow Me Away

They all simply express myself,I hate myself sometimes due to the fact that I get called names and bullied for no reason. Yes,I do get called Gay even though I'm not
    plus they all cure me when I'm depressed for no reason.

Just 5 minutes ago,awesome singles that sure are beautiful to listen to.

lacella

monsters & macarons.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    chopin, nocturne in f flat major, op. 9, no. 2
    bon iver, re: stacks
    damien rice, volcano
    imogen heap, hide and seek
    tycho, past is prologue

they're my favourite songs because they're all connected to parts of my life, and have, more than other songs, kind of stayed there. i never get tired of listening to them. they're meaningful (:

listened to tycho two nights ago!

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • I have a few

Sleepyhead - Passion Pit
    Starry Eyed (Dexell Remix) Ellie Goulding
    Lights (Bassnectar + Dubstep Remix Ellie Goulding
    Song of Storms ( Dubstep Mix ) - Legend of Zelda
    We Fell In Love - Rhianna
    Lavender Town - Dubstep Remix

its apparent my favorite genre is electronica/dubstep....and my pastimes...

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Girls' Generation - The Boys (Korean and English Ver.)
    Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris - We Found Love
    Rihanna - Cockiness (Love It)
    Girls' Generation - Run Devil Run
    Girls' Generation - Mr. Taxi
    Girls' Generation - Genie

Most of them are of a kpop genre, my iTunes is pretty much pop music and kpop, even a little jpop added in places.

Back