• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I wasn't conversant with the term "anime" until around 4-5 years ago. >.>

Other than Pokémon, which was my childhood cartoon, I remember the first anime I watched was Karin. I saw it on YouTube and played the first couple of episodes, which were strangely interesting. The next day, I entered YouTube again, wanting to watch more episodes of Karin, and Bleach was from the recommended videos. I watched the first episode, and fell in love with the show.

During my "noob" days watching anime, I hated subbed anime; I only downloaded English dubbed anime. But, when I discovered MyAnimeList, there were TOO many anime that I wanted to watch, but most weren't dubbed yet, so I took my chances and went to watch My Wife's a Mermaid, the first English subbed anime to occupy my HDD.

So. Yea.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Watched: Akira. What does that say about me?

Watched knowing it was anime: DB or DBZ

Subbed: I'm assuming Inuyasha.

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    Mine were

DBZ: Dubbed, Pokemon Dubbed
    I saw thise when I was around 6-7ish.

I started getting into subbed around age 10 and they were
    Detective Conan, Pocket Monsters aka Pokemon in the original. Never really saw much of that one til recently.

Thats about it for the first ones anyway, there is a few more but I'll list these for now.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • 1. watched?
    Pokemon, I think.

2. watched knowing it was "anime"?
    I have no idea, probably DBZ.

3. watched subbed?
    From start to finish? Air Gear.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • What was the first anime you ever...
    watched?
    ~Pokemon. Generic. xDD;;
    watched knowing it was "anime"?
    ~Hmm... Spirited Away. If you haven't seen it, you've been living under a rock. It's one of the best anime movies I've ever seen! Overrated, but awesome. xDD;;
    watched subbed?
    ~The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. When I first saw this, I thought it was the best thing I'd ever seen. Other animes caught my eye halfway through so I never finished it until about 2 years later. D;

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2011
    watched?
    Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi :D

knowing it was anime?
    Angelic Layer and Fruits Basket a couple weeks ago at the same time so i dont remember the FIRST one ;D

subbed?
    ummmmm what does subbed mean? XP

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • a) First anime I ever watched was Pokemon - I loved it (and still do - although not as much)! xD

b) Other early animes I watched were Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Saint Seya(Not sure if that's the name but - dudes that have familiars which turn into armor?) and Captain Tsubasa although I was never aware they were "anime". xD
    First anime I ever watched which I knew was an anime was prolly Shin Chan or Detective Conan, can't remember.

c) First subbed anime that I watched was prolly...Neon Genesis Evangelion or chobits, can't remember (On TV - Hyper [ZipZap after 9 pm]). xD

Ryan Hekk

Game Developer
    Years
  • If you don't count, Pokemon which I began watching when I was 7, then it would have to be Dragon Ball Z when it had a Friday Nights at 9pm spot on Cartoon Network when I was 9.

Subsequently, I watched the following anime:

Digimon (Digimon Adventure, Digimon Adventure 02 and the one with cards and Takato)
    Sailor Moon
    Tenchi something-or-other
    Sonic X (It counts.)

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura, I wasn't really bothered whether it was an anime or a cartoon. :3 ..I realized that it was an anime when I was around 8 years old. xD

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • ~ Watched?
    It was either Pokemon or Sonic Underground (Yep Old sonic XD)

~ Watched knowing it was "anime"?
    Pokemon.... By far it was Pokemon. ALthough being my 7 year old self it was more "JAPAN MADE IT" rather than calling it anime XD

~ Watched subbed?
    Can't actually remember but it was probably Digimon... I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED XD

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • Oh wow, you preemptive me with how I would of responded XD well done
    watched?

Samurai Pizza Cats - I was 5 and it was one before kindergarten at like 6 in the morning.
    watched knowing it was "anime"?
    Inuyasha - it was my gateway anime when I was in middle school
    watched subbed?
    Bleach - least I think it was, if not it was Naruto, I basically gavge into watching subs cause I ran out of new dubs to watch XD. Now while I prefer dubs, I will watch subs for newer animes

zekes

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    The first anime that I've watched is Dragon Ball Z, Ghost Fighter and BTX.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • A:between DBZ Sailor Moon and Tenchi Muyo/Gundam.(toonami block on CN)
    B:Naruto and One Piece I believe
    C:DBGT,as i bought the dvd and was curious.

Years
  • Anime watched: Hard to say. Could be any of the one's aired towards kids, like Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, Sailor Moon...

Watched knowing it was "anime"? Probably Inuyasha. if not that, then Trinity Blood or Shakugan no Shana.

Watched subbed? I think it was Lucky Star.

Years
  • Watched:
    Sailor Moon. I was very young at that time so I don't remember much...only the characters' design. Anyway, I re-watched it 4 years ago.

Watched knowing it was anime:
    Shaman King. I really loved it and even now it's on my favorites list. Though I found out it was an anime after watching 30 episodes.

Watched Subbed:
    Inuyasha. Loved this one too.

Years
  • Watched
    Pokemon, Pretear, Pretty Guardians. I watched all when I was quite young.

Watched knowing that it was anime
    Monster. I only heard the real meaning for anime 2 years ago.

Watched subbed
    InuYasha. It's my first and favorite anime ever! I watched the Japanese version before being introduced to the English dubbed. :)

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • watched? Cardcaptor Sakura- its an awesome show
    watched knowing it was "anime"? InuYasha-love it but got repetitive
    watched subbed? Loveless-eh its ok

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back