• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first ever friend.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Who was the first friend you ever remember making as a child? What was their name? What were they like? Are you still in contact with them now? If so, how have they changed? If you wish, tell us the history of your first ever friendship.

Also, because PC members do love a good PC-related question, who was the first friend you ever made on PC? Are they still an active member now? Regardless of this, do you keep in contact? Tell me about your friendship because I am nosy and wish to have all the knowledge.

ALSO: Again, no list-answering. I really don't want to have to write this at the bottom of every thread I make but I am paranoid that if I don't, people will lol.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Who was the first friend you ever remember making as a child? What was their name? What were they like? Are you still in contact with them now? If so, how have they changed? If you wish, tell us the history of your first ever friendship.

Also, because PC members do love a good PC-related question, who was the first friend you ever made on PC? Are they still an active member now? Regardless of this, do you keep in contact? Tell me about your friendship because I am nosy and wish to have all the knowledge.

ALSO: Again, no list-answering. I really don't want to have to write this at the bottom of every thread I make but I am paranoid that if I don't, people will lol.
    My first friend that I can remember as a kid was in first grade. We became BFFLS (can't believe I said that) for like a year. XD We met each other on the first day of first grade because we were in the same class and had the same first name, Melinda. :3 What I remember most was us trading coloring books like they were trading cards and playing Chinese jump rope (where you string about 100+ rubber bands together to make a really long rubber band rope and you have to jump over it. There were different levels and stuff). x] We lost contact after I moved though. =/

I have no idea who my first friend was on PC. I only remember that it was someone I met in the Trade Corner. :P

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Wow haha, got a whole story up my sleeve for this! When I was born, my parents' friends (who also lived right above us, one staircase away) had a child too after some while, and so we knew eachother from birth. That girl was my first and best friend ever, we practically lived in the same house, saw eachother every single day (be it at my house or at hers), we did everything together, went on trips together, etc. Her mom was going a bit downhill though, she was an alcoholic and the father ran off too so it wasn't all good around her. My father has a temper, and one time her mother was so drunk that they got into an argument which kind of resulted in her forbidding me and my friend to see eachother anymore (which you can imagine was almost unbearable, having lived our lives next to eachother and still having to see eachother everyday going to school, but not being allowed to speak). My father got mad at her for that and it caused even more arguments etc, and eventually her mother decided on moving somewhere else, outside of the city even, it was basically like a part of myself had just been ripped away from me and I remember standing in the garden at my mom's house a few years later (my parents had divorced during that time), and crying because I thought I was never going to see my friend again.

So a few years ago, I walk in the halls of my school and I see this girl sitting who just looks so extremely familiar to me, and I walked up to her and asked what her name was, and well I'd be darned it was her. I was so off-guard and just stunned that I just asked her for her email and went away just to sit somewhere in some hidden away spot crying, because I was just so confused and just.. perplexed.

So yeah we're still in the same school, I see her walking and I see her with friends and it is bittersweet because I know that it will never be like how it was again, and I hold such grim feelings for the people responsible.

Years
    My first friend in real life was probably this guy called Louis who I met in nursery. We met because I never spoke an he found that interesting about me. Or at least that's what he said. I reckon he just thought I was weird and expected me to have like a tail or something xD But since my mum didn't like me speaking to him outside of school, or anyone really outside of school I lost contact after I moved schools/house. I did find him again on facebook last year though. He is so different from how I remember him. He's completely obsessed with his health (by that I mean has spent like four years straight lifting heavy things to get bigger muscles -.-) and likes to walk around with no clothes on. But to be honest, I don't think anyone expects someone to turn out like that xD

As for my first friend on here I guess it'd be Shiny Shaymin :3 We met because she liked my usertitle, which was 404 usertitle not found back then x], and we just started talking. She was a really bubbly person so it was easy to keep a random conversation going which was awesome. But then I left for a year or so and she left at some point in that time and we never really spoke again. She comes back on every now and again though and we say hi and it's awesome and such :3
    My first friend on here that I ended up speakig to a lot outside of PC, i.e. facebook and MSN and all that crazy social stuff would be Dragonomega. I think he asked me how I got Pokemon Black working on an R4 card and eventually we were speaking every day! :D Joe you such an awesome guy :333

Years
    My cat Skittles of course :3. Back then, kids didn't like me very much, so I think my cat was my first ever friend.

My first PC friend was Furball the Umbreon, aka James. Hes a pretty cool guy when you get to know him!

Years
    I think my first friend ever was my cousin who is 11 months older than me. We used to play alot together untill around age of 8/9 then well he became annoying. I don't talk to him much now but he seems more mature and nice than back in time he was annoying me

my first PC friend is Shu, I actually knew him before joining the forum, he made me join (well gave me the link and told me to join if I want), I let him chose my username, so yeah my username popped from his mind. Well that guy is my boyfriend and we have are in a relationship since august 2011 <3 I don't think he is much active now than he used to be.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    I think my first friend was a girl in my class called Carrie in Year 4 she moved away and haven't seen her since.

I don't remember my first PC friend as I disappeared from the site.

In Fair Verona

4BR4 C4D4V3R
    Years
    I'd say my best friend was someone I met when I was 10. I'd just moved to a new city, and to a new school, and he was the first person to say hi to me. We stayed friends for years, until I moved away. We don't see each other much, and, even when we make plans, things seem to get in the way every single time. We still contact each other through Twitter, but not as much as I'd like.

The first friend I made on PC was someone I met before I joined here, but I think he still counts anyway - dragonomega. We used to talk a lot, especially over MSN, where he taught me to RNG, but then I wasn't able to go on MSN for some time. I've tried talking to him since I started posting here, but it seems that he's forgotten me, which is actually quite upsetting, especially seeing as I thought we were good friends. I'm sure it doesn't matter, though.

RedWar

Learning...
    Years
    I'm an old man (30) so that's thinking back a bit! I don't usually answer questions like this but I got married a few months ago and it got me thinking on how things change.

My best mate was Gareth when I was a kid. Our parents met at antenatal classes together and hit it off, so we literally knew each other since we were born. That's lasted the test of time and he was one of my two best men at my wedding.

It's amazing how you can keep mates. n my stag do I realized that something like 10 of the 15 were people I first met when we were in nursery school together which was what, about 25 years ago

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    My first friend I can remember was a boy who lived across the street from me. His name was Curtis, and his birthday was a day before mine. We decided that that was a good enough reason to decide to become friends, and so we became friends. We were in Kindergarden and met just before school started. We found out we were in the same class, and spent a lot of time with each other. Most of the time, I spent time at his house. Sometimes he came over to mine. Our friendship was the basic childhood friendship where you do everything together with that one person and it wasn't very interesting. I remember he was a very hyper child. He moved away in 1st grade and we lost contact, setting me up to be doomed to find lasting best friends without them moving away. We haven't talked since.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    My first friend I can remember is Justine. Our birthdays were very close. She was August 14th, I was August 19th. We thought it was awesome. lol And we used to get separated in our 1st grade class, but we'd find some way to talk. Usually by shouting across the classroom and pissing off Mrs. Bryan. :) We had different teachers in 2nd grade though, making it harder to keep contact, and she moved at some point that year. I haven't talked to her or seen her since.

My first friend at PC...probably Lash, who later became my PC brother. I still talk to him if I see him online. My first best friend on PC was Royal Genesis/Ageless Irony. I talked to him last ummm...I wanna say last August? We had the same birthday, and he was three minutes older than me. I don't know what's up with me and finding people with close birthdays haha. He was also my first pair. :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    My first friend in real life was just the daughter of one of my mum's friends who happened to give birth within a few days of me being born. So friends from birth until aged 5... lol, that was when we moved away. All my friends before that age were picked by my mum. The first friends I made myself was when I was 6 and first started school in Cornwall. I remember them all, but they weren't that great. No real special memories. Still in contact with one of them, and by contact I mean a brief facebook chat every 6 months lol.

First friend on PC was Fox/Matt who is now banned lol, still good friends, as Matt puts it "we are both such terrible people nobody else would ever like us."

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My first friend in real life was a girl whose parents were good friends with my parents. We were both the same age and did a lot of stuff together for the first few years of our lives. She eventually moved away, though, and I didn't get to see her as often as I used to. I have her on Facebook now, but we hardly talk and I haven't seen her in person in years. :/

My first friend on PC was either kidpunk, BeachBoy, or Harmony; my memory's a little fuzzy and I don't really remember who was first haha. I met them all in the 2008 DCC at pretty much the same time, though. I haven't heard from any of them in ages, though. :(

...My post sounds so depressing omg

Lara

<3
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    I'll keep this limited to my real-life, since I haven't been active enough here in the forums to befriend anyone.

I remember my first actual friend, who later became one of my best friends, was back in the first grade; before that, I wasn't always willing to cooperate with my fellow classmates so I would sit alone. Anyways, I just became a first grader and that year I planned to make a lot of friends. However, my timidness was overwhelming, rendering most of my classmates to make fun of me and the typical kid-bullying actions. There was this one girl who had the same problem as myself -- she sat alone, never spoke with anyone, etc..so one day, the teacher grouped up together for a classwork project. We hit it off then. Now, we are still best friends, go to college together and stuff.

Years
    The first friend that I recall was a boy I met in year 3 I think. He was a popular guy and I was the social reject (SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE). Somehow I befriended this guy though and we were good friends all the way till the end of primary school. We were referred to as the Rush Hour duo and our personalities fit the bill too. I was the highly enthusiastic dude and he was the more cool and level headed guy.

Anyway, I lost contact with old friends and such when I moved country. A few years ago though, I decided to see if I could find some old people on Facebook and I managed to find him as well as a few other people. We had a pretty big catch up session one time but apart from that, I haven't really spoken to him in recent years.

As far as PC goes, I do not remember. I joined years ago and I made a few friends in the competitive battle centre, since that was the only place I pretty much ventured back in those days. I remember who my old friends were but not really the order I befriended them in.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Let's go back in time to first grade. There was a new student in class with long hair, and her name was Esperanza. So, I approached to her and talked to her, and we started to have a few things in common. We talked non-stop, we even talked on the phone everyday. xD She was a year and a half older than me. When I entered 4th grade, she transferred schools, but we still remained in contact...until I had to move due to my mom changing jobs. 6th grade came and I entered middle school, and I saw her again for the first time in a couple of years. We had the same language arts class, which was amazing. After that year she moved again, and I moved as well, and it was getting difficult for us to hang out again. So, Middle School and high school passed by and when Facebook became the new myspace, we found each other again. xD Actually, she found me. :)

tl;dr, Esperanza and I have been friends since 1st grade and we still talk to each other on facebook today. :)

In terms of PC, I wasn't much of a friend-making person in the past. Though, I have met a few people when I was new...for example, Pokeyomom, Para-Dox, and Silver-Nova. Sadly I don't see neither of them anymore. I will say that my first true friend on here would be quilzel. :3

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years

A girl from my country in a school on another country..however she was in a different class than mine but we were best friends..Her name is samer...she was blonde with a green eyes and funny and nice.

No,i'm in contact with her anymore...we're not even friends anymore,for some reasons.

The first friend i made on PC was Xulek,yes he's an active member here,you know him already and we still in contact also.

Good thread ^^

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Now back when I was small, cute and in nursery so about three... I was friends with everyone but the first person I really clicked was this girl named Natasha, she was weird. Very very weird. She had no friends. Because of how weird she was. Now me being the kind soul I was went and talked to her and we ended up becoming friends (She's amazing.) Like idk twelve years on we're still ridiculously close; (albeit not as much because we're really different personality wise and stuff) she's still weird though.

As for PC I believe it was either Hiiro (or f l a s h as he was known then) or Kaori (HI THERE ~Morning Bliss~!!!) - Probably Hiiro as I believe he was the first person I spoke to when I finally began posting haha. He's not really active on PC anymore (but he was an s-mod yo.) though we do talk from time to time, when we get the chance. Kaori is of course very active being a moderator and stuff and we talk every day because I live for her love. Either way I'm not sure which of them it is but it's one of the two!

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    Offline, my first real close friends were Ian and Taylor. I didn't make any close friends in kindergarten, since I kinda knew I would be leaving that school to go to another one in first grade, so i waited until then to try and make friends, although it wasn't until second grade that I actually met Ian and Taylor, because they were a year below me. Also, I am including them both since I met them at the same time and grew close to both of them. xD However, after 8th grade, Ian had to go to a different High School than Taylor and I, so we kinda fell out of touch, and after high school, Taylor and I fell out of touch. We still see each other on Facebook, but we never really chat much. :\

As for PC, TheSmartOne/EternallyAnna was my first real close friend on PC. :3 She messaged me saying she was gonna steal my avatar (which was an Awkward Zombie one with Lucas in it) and we hit it off from there. xD I should also mention xXRogue_TrainerXx since we talked for a while before Anna, but he disappeared soon after we started talking, so I just put Anna in as my first friend. xD

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Well, it's not the first friend I remember making, but pretty close. He was my absolute best friend, up until 2nd grade... We both loved pokemon, and did pretty much everything together. I even remember finding a Charizard card torn in half on the playground with him (That thing was worth like $200 at the time, if not more.) and a bunch of other stuff. Sadly, he moved away in 2nd grade at some point, and I never saw him again, until 7th grade, when we ended up not only both having the same typing class, but actually sitting next to each other in it. We recognized each other pretty much instantly.

Back