• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Pokemon Card?

BJ088

It's been so long!
Years
  • Oh how I miss first edition cards. For anybody interested, there are HEAPS being sold on ebay at the moment. I'm picking up on a lot of them!

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • I'm not so sure, i had so many but i think it was a water energy card.. but for a pokemon itself, maybe Machoke lol

However this was the best card ever.
    Your First Pokemon Card?

Umbrachu

Wants a cookie.
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2021
    My first cards were a few a friend gave to me; Psyduck, Oddish, and Brock's Sandshrew. Those were the days. . .I think the first one I looked at was the Psyduck.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Mine was a Machop, which I traded for a Pikachu, which I traded for a Magmar.

I think haha.

But yeah, back in those days when the TCG debuted it was like magical to me :x

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
  • The 1st edition Machamp card. I remember my mom let me get a red or blue box thing, and since blue was my favorite color, I chose blue. I wish I chose red though, it had a Charizard in it.

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
  • my sister's friend gave me a Poliwag and an Oddish, and those were my first two! I still have them seperated from the rest, because I want to be able to look back on them and say: "wow, this is where it all started"

Chickenbits

GiantMonsterLover
    Years
  • The first cards I got was from a jungle booster my mom gave me. I remember it containing a jigglypuff, evee, and a non-holo snorlax. I might still have the commons, but that snorlax is long gone :(

I remember trading a dark gloom from the original rocket set and since that hadnt been released in sweden yet at the time, I was so proud since I had a card noone else had (the owner got it from a trip to London)

If we could go back.. Just for one day... :P xD

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    My friend gave me a plain Diglet. Diglet started my Pokemon obsession. I'm going to catch a diglett on platinum now.

Jijaba

I may seem dark,but I`m nice!
    Years
  • Well,my friend gave me Bulbasaur,Charmander and 2 Eevees.My first cards!
    My first cards I bought contained exploud,Corphish,Buisel,Mime Jr.,and 6 others.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2010
    My first card was a Charmeleon, and I remember opening up a double-colorless energy in the same pack. It was a pretty good first pack for me.

Years
  • My first card was a base set Diglett, and I distinctly bringing to my first day of kindergarten and I got pushed down in the sand box and it got bent, and I cried like a school girl.

Rofl

Back