• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Pokemon Card?

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
Years
  • The Lt. Surge's Pikachu from the Gym Heroes set was my first card. I got it from my older brother's friend who had thousands of cards.

Spoiler:

I loved it, since Pikachu looks cross-eyed.

Last edited:

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 31
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    Mine was the original Raichu from the fossil set. Raichu's been my favourite pokemon ever since =)).
    I sold all my other cards when I was about thirteen, but I've kept this one.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • Mine was a Krabby. It was from that promotion Burger King had around the time Pokemon first came out. I guess it wasn't an official card. I've never had an official card. Cards always seemed to end up torn in pieces at my home.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 27, 2010
    The first EVER pack I bought, the first card was a Bellsprout. Back in the days.....Ah the memories :happy:

But I did recently buy a booster pack tin? I thought sod it why not. But I want to save up and get myself a starter pack.

SuperEV133

Flying Raichu trainer
    Years
  • If I remember correctly... it was a Charmander. I think it must have been one from one of the first sets of cards, because I got it in the 90s. And I threw it away because I didn't know what it was(I didn't start playing Pokemon until like... 2nd grade), so once I found out what a Charmander looked like, I remembered the card, and wished I didn't throw it away XD

Mudkipzrock

Mudkip Lover
    Years
  • My first card is...
    GUESS?
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Ok heres the answer
    A mudkip!
    It was a level 7 with HP60
    Cant post img coz Im less than 15 posts
    I even got a swampert in the deck!
    But no marshtomp....T_T
    One guy came up And Asked whether I wanted to give my metapod for a marshtomp ^_^
    OF COURSE I AGREED XD

JakeG

Pokemon Awakening-Coming Soon!
    Years
  • Mine was a Special Mewtwo card that came with the Pokemon: First Movie, I collected cards for years when I was a kid until I got over them and lost them all, I had quite the collection.

pr0udy

Wannabe Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2020
    I believe mine was a Base Set Ponyta. I've only got a few old cards, for some reason. I think it's because they're just ones I've been given as I don't recall buying booster packs back then.

Back