• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You'r first Pokemon!

OranBerry

Novice trainer
Years
  • I was wondering what was your vary first Pokemon you mange to captre? and what game you got it in and what you think of that Pokemon to this day?

My first Pokemon was a Sentret and... I think its evolution is adorable^_^.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Mine was a Pidgey in Red...who is now a Lv100 Pidgeot knowing

Wingattack
    Hyperbeam
    Fly
    Quick attack

and it can sweep the Pokemon League

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
  • i stated playing pokemon around diamond.
    -is fail- so for me it was shinx, and i loved it. : D

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    I'm not sure, I wanna say it was Pidgey, but I don't have a vivid memory of it.

It could've been a Caterpie actually.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    Pidgey, Red Version back in 1994. Good times. What I think of him? It's a Pidgey, lame. :D

That'd be nice except Pokémon wasn't around in 1994...

For me, I honestly can't remember. I started playing Pokémon when I was 4 or 5 so I don't have vivid memories. I do know that I picked Squirtle as a starter, however. As for what I caught, possibly Pidgey, Rattata, Caterpie, Weedle, Spearow... anything at the very beginning is possible; I don't remember.

As for first Pokémon I actually have (Being in 3rd gen or later), I picked a Torchic for a starter, and I think I caught a Wurmple. Meh, I can't remember that either.

Whatever was the first Pokémon I caught (it'd be in Blue), I'm sure I'd love it if I could remember it...

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I really don't remember, it was early 2000. I was three. All I could remember was New Year's eve and everyone running around shouting 'Y2K!!!'

To answer the question, I'd have to assume it was either Pidgey or Rattata, as they were the first ones you'd see on the early routes, and I played Red or Blue before Sliver.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I started playing the Pokemon Games via Pokemon Silver, so I'm pretty sure my first Pokemon was Pidgey (considering that I kept it with my Totodile throughout the game). <3

Akita

Returned
    Years
  • My first ever pokemon was a Torchic because Emerald was the first pokemon game I owned. The first pokemon I ever caught was a Poochyena (which I named "Poochie", no doubt).

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • Abra, back when the Yellow version came out. I was pretty much just training my Pikachu until I decided to catch a Pokemon which ended up being my first Pokemon to reach lv 100.

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
  • The first Pokemon I obtained was Turtwig in Diamond.

I don't remember the first Pokemon I caught. Probably either Starly, Bidoof or Budew.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I can't remember what specifically it was, but I remember that it was in blue version way beck in '99...but it was probably a Pidgey, Rattata, or Caterpie. XD

Back