• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first shiny pokemon

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    99% of the people must have cought the shiny garados. dont tell about that! tell us about the ones in random encounters

DragonForce

⊙ω⊙★ $hɨɲ¥ ȼ๏ℓℓ€ȼţ๏я
    Years
    Shiny Bagon that i caught myself..
    i didn't know how to get Red gyarados in the earlier games :[

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    My first ever shiny Pokemon is Shiny Kyogre recieved from a trade ^^
    Now I have so many shiny pokemon.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    i have had a heck alot of bad luck when it comes to shinies. once like i mentioned in my first post, the whismur used roar, another one in diamond i borrowed my friend's ds when he had a newly bought pokemon diamond, and i ran into a shiny ponyta right of eterna. hell! i lowed its hp and paraysed it, only to discover that my friend had NOT even A SinGlE ball................. it was the first wild pokemon i saw in diamond.....

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I saw a shiny in one of the worst places possible; the Safari Zone. It was an Oddish, and I wasnt sure if it was shiny but I caught it anyway (luckily) Until it evolved into a Bellosom I wasn't even sure if it was shiny. This was in Ruby version.

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2018
    I've never seen one in the wild. My first shiny was a shiny Eevee that was being given away. I've turned that, and a few other giveaways into about five shinies, including a few of my favorites.

NatureKeeper

I think it was a bellsprout.. First thought it was like omigosh I caught a bellsprout with an electric type..

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    I'm sure this doesn't count but I've seen a Shiny Salamance in the Battle Frontier in Hoenn ;-;

You got to be kidding me.

It was probably like a Random Encounter but the only time I see a shiny I don't get to keep it/catch it.

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
    Years
    My first was, as ironic as it seems, a shiny magikarp. I was fishing in Pastoria, not the Great Marsh, the lake in the city, to ev train, when it just popped up. I had to catch it, simple as that. I just wish it didn't have a Brave nature for the sake of it's speed.

ChinchillaCheddar

Dreams of electric sheep
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2009
    Well, if we're not counting the red Gyrados in the Lake of Rage, then my first was a green Zubat I caught in the Ice Cave.

Back