• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first shiny pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    My first one was a shiny zigzagoon in sapphire... Omg it was horrible!!! I was trying to damage it to weaken it but in the end i got a critical hit and killed it!!! I was like NOOOOOO!! lol
    I would have just murdered that thing mercilessly...who wants any Zigzagoon. Of all the shiny Pokemen you could stumble upon, what pitiful odds...unfortunate for you

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    Im emerald i wondered upon a little cute green marill and it ended up staying on my team till i reset the game lol

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I have NEVER encountered a single shiny pokemon, and have been playing the games since they were released.
    wow! thats really unlucky. playing since crystal and no shiny!

Last edited:
    Years
    i caught a shiny zigzagoon... i was half asleep at the time and dint know what it was, so i caught it for the hell of it.

btw, what are the chances of catching a shiny?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I found my first shiny on my eigth or so birthday ^3^
    It was a red duskull, and I named it Bloodcape. Then, on the very same day I found a shiny linoone o_O
    That was a pretty wtf-y birthday xD
    I also have two shiny tentacools (one of them I traded away) and I had a shiny rattata that I accidently erased when I restarted my game. Ever since D/P/P, though, I haven't gotten any more shinies.

Dragonzord

Metagame x Metamon
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    If shiny gyarados doesnt count, than my first shiny is suicune.

My first crystal file my suicune was shiny, but i just figured it was 'special' or something, like gyarados. So it was bugging me alot and i decided to play crystal again (that file is long gone). Turns out i was a stupid kid and deleted my shiny suicune:(

On well. On diamond i eneded up finding a shiny unknown h and a shiny (purple) wurmple. haha purple wurmple.

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
    Years
    Besides Shiny Garydos in Crystal...it was a shiny sableye in Sapphire that i still have in my diamond :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    My first was a Pichu... got it at Gold and now he's lvl 100 xD

Years
    My first was a shiny Unown I in Gold Version. Since then, I have caught a shiny Shaymin (Platinum), Machop (FireRed), Oddish (Emerald), Palkia (Pearl), Feebas (Emerald), Gulpin (Sapphire), and Rapidash (FireRed). I have also hatched a shiny Spiritomb (Platinum) and Igglybuff (Gold). I also saw a shiny Bidoof in Platinum but unfortunately, I didn't have any Pokéballs yet. I still have all of them in their respective games.

It may seem like I'm lucky or lying, but I have about 200 hours on my each of my Gameboy games, 130 hours on my Platinum version, and 100 hours on my Pearl version. That, and for the legendaries, I used the soft reset "trick." For the Spiritomb hatch, I used the shiny Egg trick.

Last edited:

Melaugh

Eevee Fan Boy
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    Mine was a Gold Magikarp. It didn't look so worthless then. ;)

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    maybe before resetting the game u should transfer your shiny your friend temporarily. shinies are so rare........

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Red Gyarados, and a kind of purple dragonair in the safari zone in Firered, but my cousin gave me heaps of his hard earned soft reset legendaries.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    The Red Gyarados.

The first non-event shiny I caught was a Budew. I then got it to a Roserade and I was really disappointed because it was just grey. >.>

loucas

100% hot
    Years
    my first is in silver= after i finished my pokemon legue for the first time, i was going to cherrydale city, i saw a silver rattata.
    crystal, i headbutt a tree and a shiny kakuna appeared.
    emerald, i fought a schoolgirl and killed her shiny gold mightyena
    then in platinum, i was fishing between battle frontier and resort area for a seadra for my pokedex, then to my surprise, a blue relicanth pop out. it is calm with a very good 30 ivs in both defences

i for got the green zubat at mount moon in fire red. i saw it at the start of the game. but lost my fire red anyways.

Last edited:
    Back