• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first shiny pokemon

Hana~

Now available in surround~
    Years
    Ruby. I was grinding my Ralts in that cave in Dewford Town. Suddenly, after all those Zubat, a shiny Makuhita pops up! At that time, I didn't know how rare shinies were, so I didn't freak out as much as I should have. I caught it easily in a Great Ball.

Hana~, signing out~

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Hmmm I remember having an shiny I Unown back in crystal. Had a few more shinies there, I have a shiny rhydon in my Jap Crystal game that I havn't played a pretty long time.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I am so annoyed... I was playing Crystal last night and ran into a SHINY DITTO! I couldn't believe it! My first ever shiny! The things that, due to the way shininess was determined back then, could spawn an army of shinies! Hands trembling, I slowly whittled its health down to the red zone, and put it to sleep. It should be easy to catch now, right? I threw a Pokeball. It broke out. Huh? Fine, the next one should catch it. It broke out. I threw two more. Neither worked. Fine then, I thought, I'll use my one Great Ball. It was so close too! Two more pokeballs, and I was out of them, and that Ditto just sat there, mocking me.

I hate life.

JY

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    RBY: None, because they didn't exist
    GSC: Red Gyarados, or otherwise, I think a shiny Hoothoot.
    RSE: Shiny Electrike, under Cycling Road, Unfortunately, it was a toxic sapphire so, I couldn't Pal Park it.
    DPP: Virtual Gaming Thingy Milotic, otherwise a shiny gloom, which I regret evolving in to a Vileplume.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Mine was a shiny tyrougue in Silver. the day care couple handed the egg to me.
    XD I think that was it, or it was a shiny geodude from my first time I played.XD

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
    a pidgey in LG :)

i was looking for a pidgey level 13 and found one and when i caught it i noticed it was a shiny ;)

i was lucky this is the only shiny except for red gyrados :)

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
    Years
    never caught one. i ran into a shiny koffing in firered in cinnibar mansion, but it sploded. :(
    my little brother ran into a shiny psyduck in the great marsh, it fled, of course.
    I should have used my master ball

Last edited:

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Your first shiny pokemon
    That was my first. Then, on my Diamond, I find a shiny ponyta, and a couple weeks later, I find a shiny shellos... interesting.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    On my legit Diamond, it was shiny Sneasel and my first shiny. :D Shiny Sneasel is adorable! And so pink. But then I traded it on the GTS for a Milotic. xD

Prof.Oak

The Official Professor Oak !
    Years
    Hehe mines was a Shiny Feebas.... Lol kidding ;[ I wish tought.

No but seriously, I found 2 shiny pokemon on my emerald. Yes I was addicted when I was younger. I think my first one was a shiny psyduck! Now I have a shiny Golduck :D I was SOOOOOO happy ^^
    Then like 1 year after I was still playing and I got a shiny slugma! Evolved it into a macargo and its freakin awesome! :D

So basically these 2 :
    Your first shiny pokemon
    Your first shiny pokemon

Princess Pichu

Art is a flash of beauty~
    Years
    Mine was in Sapphire, I was training in Victory road and I had just finished battling Wally. I was leaving to go the pokemon center and BAM. Shiney Sableye. I was like, "OMGOMGOMG", Even though there was the Red Gyrados in GSC, I didn't know what shinies were...I thought it was just the Gyrados thing...and I was too young to learn about shinies or anything...heyshutup...D:
    Anyway, I spent forever trying to catch it, and I finally did. I was so happy...I named it "COOL!!!!!!". I still have that sableye. And I shall never trade it due to sentimental reasons. :3

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Ive never caught any:C But I got a Shiney Chansey in a trade:p. It's the coolest Bliss now!

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    My first shiny was a shiny Whismur that came out of nowhere.. and by nowhere I mean I had no clue what shinies were and was, well, excited to see one because I thought it was more powerful than the normal one.

So I caught it...

markiemania

Fire-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    In Gold about 8 years ago now, I found a Shiny Poliwag while fishing in Viridian Forest. That was my first Shiny, and I trained it all the way into a Poliwrath. X3

Since then, I've found a Shiny Gloom in Emerald's Safari Zone (Was SERIOUSLY lucky to be able to catch it before it fled) and also in Emerald, I happened to come across a Shiny Zubat in Meteor Falls, and managed to catch that too. =)

Back