• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2017
    I have been playing pokemon since yellow first came out and I still haven't found a shiny pokemon in the wild. Even after chaining in platinum!!!

funny story
    Spoiler:

Esmas

General
    Years
    funny story
    Spoiler:
    Bahaha! I hate newbs that get something great but get rid of it because they think it's common.
    But I guess it's not their fault... o3o

WeavySean

Weavile Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    The first one I ever encountered was a shiny Oddish, and the first shiny I ever caught was a shiny Zubat.

Mikazuki_yume

Never miss a beat
    Years
    My first Shiny was a Shroomish which, at the time, I didnt know what it was at the time. I thought it was a glich but I still caught it. I think I still have it too.

Althought, I caught a shiny geodude in diamond that I kept, and then traded for something.. I can't remember now, lol.

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
    I found a shiny Flaaffy by chance on a a Shiny Gold emulator, never found one in any other games, been trying to chain on Pt but keep failing :(

Although I do have a few hacked shinys from a friend, never used them though.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    The first pokemon I caught in Platinum was a shiny Bidoof.

Because everyone wants a shiny one of those >.>

My first encounter: Shiny geodude. I had no pokeballs :\ (suicide)

My first shiny was charmander but i got traded that :(

Godlytion

Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2014
    It's a shiny torchic in pokemon Emerald :) (yes, it's a starter)
    I hatched more than 100 torchic egg from daycare and finaly I got a Shiny 8-}. It's so difficult

Psyrose

I Want Ur Soul
    Years
    My first shiny was a shiny pichu in Pokemon Gold. Every time i restarted the game file, i would either get a shiny pichu or smoochum from the same egg. i'm starting to think if i was very lucky or if it was a glitch.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2020
    I was traded a Shiny Manaphy which I doubt was legit, and a shiny Houndour.

My first personally discovered shiny was today, a Shiny Heracross, which was hatched from an egg. It's only got a gentle nature though, but I'm still going to train it up at least.

Years
    My first shiny on this game was traded to me and that was a shiny Darkrai. Not legit and would be happy to dump at a low cost.

The first legit shiny was one I got completely by accident. I caught an Electabuzz, evolved it, bred it, and started raising the Elekid. While looking at it, I noticed on the stat page that little red star. I thought, "No way... It can't be..." Sure enough, it evloved, and I could tell, shiny. It's now an Electivire that looks very promising.

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
    My first and only shiny was a Vulpix I got from a really nice person in the Trade Corner :D I've yet to see any in the wild.

JuiceeHugS

Tournament
    Years
    In platinum, my first shiny was...Roselia! Evolved into Roserade now. Ran into it in the wild on route 212, got pretty excited and i yelled over to my bros and sis about it haha...it's alll sick with its black and violet roses :) Calm nature, very finicky with a sp atk iv of 29 and other good iv's, poison point. Woulda been nice if it had natural cure but it's still siick. Fully ev trained 252 sp atk, 252 sp def, 6 hp...might undo the sp def ev's and invest them into its speed...nicknamed Rosenoir :)

Last edited:

Pokemaster_99

Sub-Zero > Kyurem
    Years
    My first shiny was a Muma (Misdreavus)...I was so happy...I caught it in eterna forest...I was going with Cheryl when I suddenly encountered a shiny Muma and a non-shiny Kemusso (Wurmple)...huh!
    It looks quite like Celebi when it's shiny...

P.S. Don't ask me why I use japanese names, please...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back