• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
  • My first shiny was a pidgey way back in my first playthrough of Silver I couldn't catch it though due to I had no Pokedex yet so I just fainted it :( but,10 years later I finally got a second chance this time with a Barboach and soon after that a Cacturne I caught both and I have also become a very lucky Masuda Method hatcher.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    My first shiny was in gold, i remember that much. It was either a drowzee or a butterfree. I dont remember which came first, but it was one of those. I think that file was the one my game died on, so i dont have either of them any more.

naruck23

Plague
    Years
  • My first shiny was Gastly i was really tired of playing i go play somewhere in firered and i see a gastly with blue smoke i was like "Is thi....a...SHINY!"

I got really happy and trained him in elite four.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    It was, if I can remember properly, a shiny tangela.

Years
  • If I remember correctly, it was a Noctowl on G/S. It could've been a Flaaffy too, though. I found both on the route below Lake of Rage. :o

Unfortunately my cartridge has lost its save so they are gone. :c

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think the first shiny that wasn't a Red Gyarados of the Lake of Rage is a shiny Hoothoot. Good thing I already bought some Poké Balls because it's really early into the game.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • If I recall correctly, it was a shiny Zubat in Pokémon Shiny Gold by Zel in the Dark cave.
    Ironically the second one was a shiny Golbat in Pokémon Sapphire in the Victory road.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    My first, non-hacked shiny was a shiny Rattata. My second would have been a Graveler, if the damned thing didn't explode before I could catch it. :|

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I really could careless about shiny Pokemon (especially in Generation III and on wards) because for the most part, the shiny Pokemon are useless in competitve battle, but my first non-hacked shiny Pokemon was a Gastly when I accidently went the wrong way in Pokemon Silver

:t354:TG

syotipoke

Nub3r Whatever
    Years
  • If I remember correctly, my first shiny was a Pidgeotto in LeafGreen, when I was searching for Pokemon in Berry Forest. It was later migrated to my brother's Platinum version. Aaaaaahhhhh... bragging rights....

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    On my JAP Platinum, I just got the tracking app and I was looking for the three Legendaries, Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno. All 3 of them were shiny. ZOMG!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Other than the Red Gyarados, my first shiny was a Shiny Donphan on my Silver. Sadly, I lost that Silver, and the Shiny Donphan with it.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • My first shiny is a bit different to just about everyone else's. During my first ever run through of Silver, I traded a Bellsprout for an shiny Onix with that guy in Violet City. Since I had never encountered anything like this before, I had no idea what was wrong with the Onix so I thought that it had been corrupted. As a result, I put it in my PC and never let it see the light of day again.

Now that I know what shinies are, I would have cared for that Onix if I could do it all over again D:

Dr. Montague

FOnewm
    Years
  • Red Gyrados :D
    Which does not count. I found a Shiny Psyduck above Goldenrod a long time ago. At first I thought it was like, a glitch in the game or something. But now I have a shiny Golduck :D (Which isn't that useful in comparison to most other water Pokemon)

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    My first (and only) was a shiny Caterpie; Ever since then, he's been my favorite shiny.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Shiny Donphan in Silver, caught him at the Victory Road. Didn't know what shinies were at that time though

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back