• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Apart from the shiny Gyarados and two others that I ran away from in Emerald (I thought my game was glitched, just like several people here :L), my first shiny would be a shiny Pidgey that I found while looking for a Ditto in LeafGreen.
    The first shiny I've encountered in Gen IV would be a shiny Budew I found in Eterna forest.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I bought gold version for the first time. A year later since the game has been out I spotted a shiny Hoothoot! Caught it and trained on my team and its stuck on my pokemon stadium 2 game... or I think it got erased... xD Oh well, but that was my first impression on a shiny! :)

Jubi

Leafy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    My first shiny was a level 4 Zubat found in the Dark Cave outside of Violet City.

I miss him...v-v

XBA

Goth Pokemon FTW.
    Years
    I've only had one shiny.

A shiny Tropius I found my first time playing Emerald, way back in '05. I still have him. xD

Usul

Cease my heart beat's weave.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    Shiny buizel in Resign of legends.

Tribal Ebony

Blood is always satisfactory.
    Years
    Geodude, on Pokemon Pearl. Damn, I was playing it outside and I put in a nother game chip and put pearl on my lap. stood up to grab somethin' and pearl fell onto the ground, where my dog chewed it up. Gosh, that was so hard to get over.... Just finished getting Palkia! :o

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    My first shiny was a Pidgey! I think I was searching for Entei/Raikou at that time. Also, I think I caught Pidgey near where I caught my non-shiny Entei. And my second one was so obvious. It's red, it's a Water/Flying Type, and it's always shiny. It was a... Gyarados!

Well, I might've caught Gyarados before Pidgey, but I can't remember.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    MY first shiny was a Beedrill from Shiny Gold hack, I didn't even knew what a shiny was (should've remembered that red Gyarados from gold) so I didn't quite understand why it was blue. I found it in the bug contest, but then I lost the file, so I replayed it and spent hours in the same spot looking for that blu beedrill :(. I didn't find it, but I found others, like Pidgey, Zubat, Shelder, Chinchou, Shupet, Swinub, Mewtwo (it only took me 15 minutes). Then I found a trick with a patch of a hack here, in which you got a shiny Murkrow. I don't remember how but I could make every pokemon to be shiny in ruby, that's how I got my Beedril back.

Skitty123

Alice Cullen
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2012
    My first shiny was a Shiny Skitty
    Then i chained it and caught 7 of them.
    ^-^

universal_arceus

our god is an awesome god
    Years
    the 1st I was able to catch was a shiny caterpie
    (and I say "ABLE to catch" is because just before that I saw a shiny ratata[no joke])on the first game i ever had on crystal, and I still have that butterfree

when i finally beat red i'd seen, I believe, 5-7 shinies(excluding gyarados)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    mine was shiny tentacool in pokemon crystal gbc
    maaann.. skitty123 u're lucky.. I wanna shiny skitty too xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    Today I got my first shiny in Heart Gold, a Nincada... I wasn't really happy with it but now I two shinies, Ninjask and Shedinja.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back