• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrtlop

Fail trainer
Years
  • I've played probably more than 500 hours of Pokemon, and haven't seen a single shiny besides Red Gyarados :'(

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • my first shiny was in silver or crystal, i can't remember which one because i had both, and it was a krabby i ran into on the seafoam islands

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    My first shiny was found on the snowy path in the Sinnoh region.
    I was using my PokéRadar to find a Snorunt. While searching, I saw something glimmering in a grass patch.
    When I looked, I was so surprised!
    It was a shiny Sneavel.
    It was tough. Took me several attempts to capture it.
    I nicknamed it Diesel (strange, I know).
    It is to this day my first, and only, shiny Pokémon so far.

Pokémon Grey

Generation V
    Years
  • I never really caught a shiny (other than Red Gyarados)
    however i did encounter a shiny once in Pokémon Gold.
    It was a FREAKING HO-OH
    however sadly I blew it (didn't killed it, I ran out of Ultra balls)

Last edited:

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • I got a Shiny Wingull.

I was like ''wattahfook'', but then I Googled ''negative colored pokemon'' and it told me it was shiny.

Anyway I rare candied his ass then he turned into a Pelliper.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    My first shiny was in pokemon Saphire. It was a wurmple! I didn't that shiny pokemon existed then, so when I looked at it, I got kinda sad... I thought it was a glitch! XD

Fantastique

Farewell, seashell .
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2011
    Add me to the list of people who didn't know what a shiny was until after they saw one.

When I was a few years younger, I got bored and played my Emerald to train random newly hatched Pokemon. I found a shiny Poochyena and I was seriously confused. Srs. I was like "...yellow? uhm... wat." But I had recently met my cousins from my mom's side of the family, who loved Pokemon as much as I did, and so I thought I could show off this weird thing to them if I caught it.

A FEW YEARS LATER I FOUND OUT WHAT A SHINY WAS AND I LOVED MY KID SELF FOR CATCHING IT AND NOT RUNNING AWAY <3

Lethal-Llama

Professional Awesome Sauce
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2011
    My first ever shiny was a Sneasel. I didn't know about shinies so I thought it was gay XD.
    My second shiny was a golden Magikarp. When I found out about the red Gyarados in HG/SS, I was so peeved.

Cometmonster

TheBeastofTheStars
    Years
  • My first shiny was a sharpedo in emerald. At first I had no idea what it was. Then I asked my cousin which convinced me to keep it to this day.

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
  • the first shiny i encountered was a caterpie in the bug catching contest in gold. i was ready to catch it until my pokemon fainted from poison (it got poisoned when i was fighting a beedrill i think).
    First one i actually got to capture aside from red gyarados was a pinsir. I was lucky enough to actually catch it.
    To this day, i'm lucky enough to encounter a shiny and capture it at least once(not counting red gyarados of course).

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2011
    I don't have one yet.

I am in the process of trying to get a shiny Charmander using the Masuda Method, but I am really starting to get annoyed with it. The reason for that is that I just hit 1,650 charmanders hatched with no shiny. I know that it could be the next one or I could never get it in another 10,000, but seeing all the people who get them after so few eggs makes me sad.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • My first shiny was in pokemon emerald, I was running around that path under the cycling road and out comes a blue electrike, I never knew what a shiny was at the time but I still caught and my friend couldn't believe I found one lol.

Gl!tch

AFK
    Years
  • I've played for years and never found one outside of gyarados, and hacking.

My girlfriend seems to have a nack for it though :'<

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2012
    My first Shiny was in Sapphire. I ended up finding a Needle in a Hay-factory that day. I was running around looking for a Minun and, after killing one or two by accident, lo and behold a Minun popped up but with slightly different shading. If it wasn't for the stars I don't think I would have noticed it was a shiny for a while.

I've only ever caught three shiny Pokemon since I started playing. The first one was...well, it was Crystal, Silver, or Gold. It was a shiny Drowzee. The second was a Shiny Shinx...which I loved with my life. And the third was on my last HeartGold game. It was a shiny Geodude. Which I did not love. ):

Years
  • My first ever Shiny, excluding Gold, was on Emerald and it was Aron.
    I didn't even know it was shiny at the time since I had my sound turned off. I just looked back at the screen and stared at it, seeing it had red eyes. I was like 'hu?'. So I thought I would catch it and see why it had red eyes.

Catch it and found out it was a shiny. From that day on, I said to myself I would be a shiny hunter! XD​

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • My first (and only) Shiny was a Whismur in Sapphire, but I was young and had no idea what Shinys were, so I released it because I didn't like the colours. I'm so pissed.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • My first shiny was an Electrike on Sapphire, I named it Bluerike because of its color. xD I didnt even know it was called a Shiny. I thought it was a legendary at first, and then my friend had to burst my bubble :[ but still, I love my Bluerike.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back