• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • My first ever shiny (and my only one -.-) was a shiny Golbat from the Whirl Islands on Crystal. I still have it, but I wish there was a way to get it on HG...

Years
  • I got my first shiny on Diamond, it was a Tentacruel, I was on my way to the pokemon league.
    Then After I beat Diamond I ran into a shiny shinx in Pearl.
    Then after that i caught a shiny Staravia in Platinum.

After I beat all those I played Crystal, and my Cyndaquil was shiny :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    shiny

The first shiny i ever caught was a ZUBAT (>.>) in Ruby, i think.. I probably still have it somewhere.

days

Galactic HQ
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    Over a decade and I've had not even one!

Incredible

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    My first Shiny pokemon was a Ghastly in Pokemon Diamond. Called him King Boo. Too bad i traded him...

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • My first shiny was a Venemoth in Leaf Green. I was walking in a forest and out of nowhere it appeared and I caught it <3 I don't think I have it anymore though :c

My first shiny would have been a shiny Swablu in Ruby, but OF COURSE the attack I used got a critical hit and killed the Swablu so I coudn't catch it ><

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I finally found my first shiny. Unfortunately, two things went terribly, terribly wrong.
    1. I was using a Silver ROM doing a UMC Normal when I found my Shiny Stantler
    2. I couldn't catch it... ran out of pokeballs...

Years
  • My first shiny every was a rayquaza i got about two weeks ago, and it was the first one i ever saw (that i remember)! and ive been playing since red blue. i was so excited and practically fell on the ground XD I mean I kept resetting it in front of rayquaza so I could get a shiny but it only took and hour of restarting!! :) next i was working on a shiny kyogrue but.... I gave up after 16 hours of restarting XD

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    In order:
    Shiny Swinub- Pokémon Silver
    Shiny Lunatone- Pokémon Sapphire
    Shiny Torkoal- Pokémon Emerald
    Shiny Scyther- Pokémon LeafGreen
    Shiny Electabuzz- Pokémon LeafGreen
    Shiny Caterpie- Pokémon LeafGreen
    Shiny Mr. Mime- Pokémon LeafGreen
    Shiny Gastrodon- Pokémon Pearl
    Shiny Paris- Pokémon SoulSilver
    Shiny Onix- Pokémon SoulSilver
    Shiny Haunter- Pokémon SoulSilver

I pooped myself when I found a shiny haunter.
    The only shinies I use(d) are Onix, Scyther, and Haunter

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Your first shiny

Encountering a Shiny Golbat was an awesome moment, and I'm quite disappointed that I lost the save file containing it. Maybe PokeSav might help one day with restoration...

Anyway, the moment you lay eyes on your first shiny Pokemon's funky colors and see the glittering stars of amazement streak across the screen is one that I feel Trainers should cherish for the rest of their Pokemon-Training careers. :D

If you encounter a Safari Zone shiny or a Shiny with Self-Destruct/Explosion/Memento/Lunar Dance in its moveset...sucks for you; my apologies. -.-

VarimathraS

Allround Gamer
    Years
  • My first and only shiny Pokemon was a shiny Magmar. But I have realized much later that it was a shiny Pokemon.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
  • My first Shiny... Probably that Shiny Kyogre named "Aquamarine" I traded away to a friend years ago.

I still have it on Pokemon Battle Revolution, since I never synced the game up again to that save! xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2011
    Pidgey

My first shiny was a Pidgey in Pokemon Fire Red I was trying to catch a Suicune when a shiny Pidgey popped up I thought it was a glitch so I didn't catch it back then I didn't know there was such things as shiny in pokemon. :'(

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I caught a shiny Zigzagoon in Pokémon Ruby a few years ago! I was so proud of it, haha. Unfortunately, though, I think it accidentally got deleted when I restarted my Ruby game and I was too stupid to not trade it elsewhere before doing so. :|

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back