• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First shiny

Years
My first shiny (after that awesome red G in silver!) was actually Lugia in soul silver. At the time I was moaning to my partner about never having found a shiny so wasn't paying attention to the battle. When I looked I said "why the hell is it pink?! OH MY GOD IT'S SHINY!" Then immediately threw my master ball at it xD my partners fave pokemon is Lugia so he was pretty stoked. I called it Topaz and I love it!!!! I've only found 3 more shinies randomly since then, a foongus in black and skarmory + combee in Y.

Years
My first legit shiny was a spheal on Sapphire. Though I think when I transfered it to my Diamond, it got lost among the pokemon I had hacked in :/

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
Years
My first shiny encounter was in Pokémon Gold (my first Pokémon game) and it was with a shiny Spinarak. I didn't know what shiny Pokémon were, but its color looked a bit off so I tried to catch it. Long story short, I hit a critical on it with my tackle and caused it to faint. I sort of shrugged it off, I didn't learn what a shiny Pokémon was until a few years later and I realized that Spinarak I saw was in fact a shiny. That was my only shiny encounter to date, I still have yet to find another shiny Pokémon in the wild in any other Pokémon games (besides the Red Gyradose, of course).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 19, 2017
My first Shiny Encounter was a Spearow in a Friend Safari. I caught it using a Quick Ball :)

magolor

hsssah!
Years
My first shiny was a Swinub in my old Pokemon Ruby game...
I eventually caught it, but somehow didn't save my game before closing the game.
Stupid younger me! ;w;

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
my first RANDOM shiny (not the red garydos nor through use of gen 5s chaining method) was a shiny spoink in xy. followed closely by a shiny jolly dugtrio which I actually used for a while. just got my third shiny. can't remember what it was. stopped caring when I realized they definitely raised the shiny encounter rate (3 shinies all in the same week and I've played pokemon since red was released...)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 23, 2017
First Shiny was in Diamond: Shiny Gastrodon East
Was looking for a shiny for the whole day near that area where you catch Shaymin. I gave up and when I went down the grass field, I spotted this shiny beast. Caught it and named it Shiny ((Had no idea names at the time)) I can't change the name because I traded it to Platinum before losing Diamond the next week. :(

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I believe that my first shiny was a shiny squirtle in Pokemon Diamond. I was on this Pokemon chat trading and I randomly hatched a bunch of squirtles and one happened to be shiny. Unfortunately, I traded the squirtle for a pokemon that I don't even remember. :[

Kyeto

Pokemon Professor
Years
My first legit shiny was in Pokemon Y, found a shiny Pancham in a friend safari. i was so happy. then two days later I find a shiny Ninetales. Was a awesome feeling.

Memoric

Real Eyes
Years
My first shiny was in FireRed. I was just going to the guy who gives Flash when suddenly a Shiny Diglett appeared.

Years
The only shiny I've ever seen in the wild, non gifted and non Red Gyrados was a Shiny Rhyhorn I found in Fire Red... in the safari zone D:

... and yes, I was lucky enough to catch it. It's got a neutral nature, but I consider that better than having one that isn't suited for it.. like one that lowers defense or something. I don't ever plan on using it, evolving it or anything of that sort, but its going in the Pokebank whenever it gets opened up.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
My first shiny was a green Golbat in Ruby's Victory Road. I caught him, god bless. I caught a female one in the same place later.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 1, 2021
Despite how many hours I've poured into Pokemon in my life time I have never had the chance to catch a shiny(aside from Red Gyarados but that hardly counts.) I want a Shiny Ninetales so badly, but alas I'm probably destined to never get one =P.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
My very first, legit, shiny I found was a shiny Mightyena in Pokémon Emerald! I had just beaten the Pokémon League for the 12th time; I was bored so I flew to Lilycove and when to the first patch of grass to the left. That's where I found it. Eventually I traded it to Pearl version; however I forgot about it and was bored of the file I had on Pearl and restarted it. That's how I accidentally erased my first shiny. :(

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
My first shiny Pokemon that I actually captured that was not a shiny Gyarados was a Gastly in Pokemon Silver. The first shiny I've ever seen was a shiny Geodude in Pokemon Gold and it used self destruct, but I did not understand the concept of shiny Pokemon because I was a little kid at the time.

:t354:TG

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
Years
One Shiny Bellsprout in SoulSilver, named the little dude ACID★... No further luck, barring of course things like the Red Gyarados in the Lake of Rage.

Charcoal92

Banned
Years
My first shiny.. I remember it like it was yesterday. Okay it happen on March 29th, 2001. I was playing Pokemon Silver and I ran into a Shiny Houndour. I showed my brother and he lost it! I found out that it was a shiny. That Houndour later evolved into Houndoom and well my username came from that Pokemon. Later I found a few more.

Back