• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first time

Nakala Pri

I remembered countless consoles being bought, but the only one I asked for is a DSi, which I got for Christmas a few years back. But this Christmas it's a 3Ds XL, Pikachu Edition! Yes, I am totally psyched. :D

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    My first console (as I remember) was the Sega Genesis :3

We had many games, from Sonic the Hedgehog 2, to Golden Axe...I can't recall what my 1st was though.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
    My first game was Super Mario Land on the original Nintendo Game boy. I was about 2 - 3 at the time (1997 - 98), it was my brother's but he barely played it anymore.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    I think I was 6 years old when my dad bought the NES~

My first video game was Super Mario Bros. and Ice Hockey! Those were good times, just simply playing with my dad in Ice Hockey~

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
    Dunno what the first console I bought was, but the first my parents got me was a Sega Master System. First game I played could've been Pro Wrestling, Safari Hunt, Hang-On or Alex Kidd in Miracle World. Not sure which one I literally played first.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    The first console I actually "owned" was the Super Nintendo and the game was "Super Mario All-Stars" and "Super Mario World" - all 3 where bought together. The only thing was that my grandma bought it for me.

To answer the question, the first console I actually bought was PS3, about 3 months after it came out, and the first games we got for it where "Grand Theft Auto IV" and "Resident Evil 4". R.E my uncle bought.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The only consoles I've paid for are my PSP-3000 and 3DS.
    First game owned... I don't remember the name, some rally game old enough to be 2D and in 4-bit colours.

Last edited:

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    The first console was the Sega Master System that my father had originally bought for my older brother, but gradually it became mine :) . It was around 1990, I was two, but if I recall correctly, I started playing when I was three. We started with three games "Ghost House", "Global Defense" and "Rescue Mission", with two more games, "Safari Hunt" and "Hang On" built inside the console.

The first console that was bought specifically for me was ten years later, a Game Boy Pocket, and the first game was "Pokémon Blue". I had a blue cartridge and a blue console :) .

The first console I bought with my own money was three years ago, it was a Wii. As it was a replacement for the Wii I had before and that died, I already had games for it. The first games I bought for the (original) Wii were "Sonic Adventure 2" and "Super Smash Bros Brawl".

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I started playing video games way back when I was seven or eight. I remember being on vacation in Turkey, and my cousin handed my this teal device with a Pokemon game in the slot. I fell in love with it, and the rest is history. Since then, I've owned a plethora of consoles, starting with a Gameboy Color and Pokemon Silver. I had a few other games, but I couldn't put it down when I was enveloped in the Johto region!

I guess if it wasn't for my cousin letting me take a spin on his Color, I would've never gotten into video games. Before that, I didn't own a console of any kind and had barely heard of any games besides the common ones you can find on any computer. I don't know if I'm grateful for the discovery or not, haha, but that's how I got into it all.

The first console that I bought on my own was my Nintendo DSi, which I still have to this day. I'm trying to sell it for a 3DS now, but it holds loads of memories from keeping me entertained on road trips to staying up until three in the morning trying to take down a gym leader.

Back