• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Gaming setup

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    We all have our place of gaming, may it be on the couch in front of the TV, at a desk, on the bed. So why not show it off or talk about it. And for some people Christmas is already here, and you might have gotten a new game system, so it's a good place to show your addition to your gaming setup.
    (And for people who still don't get it, it's not to show off your new chair, or your new computer... unless you use it for pc gaming, it's to show off your game systems, TV, TV stand, etc, basically where your consoles rest)

You can tell about it, or you can do better and take a pic of it to show it off... or you can do like me, take a pic and tell about it.

Your Gaming setup
    (Click image for larger view)

~ 1: Xbox 360 S. I wanted the smaller 360 and I wanted more USB ports in the back, so I got a new 360. Not only that but the new piano black finish on the 360 S matches the piano black finish on my TV, the front trim on my monitor, and matches the shine on my Sony Vaio laptop.
    ~ 2: 32" Samsung HDTV (720p). Personally I think if you're gaming and if you're as close to the screen as I am then anything above 32" is too big. I've also got a 37" HDTV in another room (my brother's room) and when I play on that I sit just as close and it's hard to keep tack of everything going on onscreen.
    ~ 3: Mini-DVD rack. That is the place I keep the games I play a good bit (or just in case I want to play them). I have a larger rack in the other room that has the rest of my games.
    ~ 4: Astro A40 gaming headset. When it comes to gaming headsets I wouldn't go with anything but the A40s after using them. It's 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound so it sounds really awesome, I'll use them for all my gaming, use it for movies, and even use them to listen to music. I can use this on the 360, PS3, Wii, or PC (or I could use it on my iPod to listen to music).
    ~ 5: Mixamp. That little box is so I can talk to people, turn the game or chat volume up or down, and all of that. I've also got a splitter on my laptop earphone jack. One end goes to a pair of earbuds, the other end goes to the Mixamp. That way I can listen to music from my laptop, watch vids on my laptop, or hear MSN notifications while still being able to hear the people in party chat and/or game sounds.
    ~ 6: Xbox 360 controller. No it's not resting on something, yes it's hanging from a Play and Charge Kit. I want to keep as much stuff off my desk as I can (the A40 headset itself is hanging on a Sennheiser headphone holder, the second keyboard is under my desk, and the controller is hanging under my desk). So I tied the cable up under my desk and it just hangs there. If I'm watching Netflix or in a party while taking a break and eating then it gets plugged in. That way it's off my desk and if the 360 is on then it charges the battery as well.
    ~ 7: Keyboard. Just a standard Logitech USB wired keyboard. I have it connected to the 360 that way I don't have to waste my time with the slow onscreen keyboard when sending messages.

Your Gaming setup Your Gaming setup

And that is my gaming setup. So what about you guys, what sort of setup does the members of PC have? And you don't have to go into detail like I did here (or don't have to make it look like a crime scene like mine), posting a pic is just fine.

Last edited:

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I'll have to post some pictures in the morning, but I'm loving the setup.

Years
    Our consoles are set up in the living room. Pardon the mess. My roommate and I are slobs. You should've seen it before I removed the 15 Cherry Coke cans.

Your Gaming setup
    Your Gaming setup

The TV is my roommate's, is apparently HD (I've never seen the HD in action), and I want to say it's a 32". Don't ask me why our copy of Scott Pilgrim vs The World is propped against it, because I honestly don't know. o_O
    The 360 belongs to my roommate. It's apart from the rest of the systems because we don't have a long enough Ethernet cord for it. (Our router is in my roommate's room.) The Gamecube and PS2 are mine.
    I didn't take a picture of the couch in our current living room setup, but it looks like this. My last roommate and I kept the place a bit neater.

Your Gaming setup

Just a little closeup of my systems.

Your Gaming setup

Our modest game collection, plus a few movies. Pokemon Colosseum through Okami are mine; rest are my roommate's. As you can tell, we have slightly different taste in games. :p

Overall, it's an okay setup. It does its job and it's positioned at just the right place where you can see everything comfortably from the couch, but it doesn't look very neat, and it's not very flashy.

And as a bonus, a picture of my handhelds! I'd show the computer desk setup, but my computer isn't for gaming.

NismoZ

SMW Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2011
    I'll post pictures when I get home (although I'll probably forget or something, so it'll probably take a while :P), but for now, a description.

I actually have two setups. One is my Wii hooked up to my Sony Bravia 40" 1080p HDTV and Sony Bravia Home Theater System (yep, I get surround sound with my Wii!), with an HDMI cable. The other is my GameCube, N64, Super NES, and Genesis hooked up to my 20/30-some-inch Samsung SDTV, Pyramat gaming chair, and a steering wheel of which I don't remember the brand.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'll definitely post my pictures when I get home and take some, then again, you'll all laugh at my pink wallpaper.

But basically, my TV is up on a table that has to hinges that fold out on both sides to make it longer. I have my Wii on the left, adorned with Pokemon plushies and my 360 is on the other side. In the cabinet on the table, I have my older consoles (N64, PS2, and GCN). Next to the table, I have my "game tower" where all my 360, Wii, GCN, and PS2 games are. I decorated the bottom with my DS boxes, usually displaying my latest game for it (so right now, my Pokemon White box is sitting on HeartGold and SoulSilver). And then I have a drawer full of GB, GBC, and GBA games, along with chargers and accessories, like eReader and PokeWalkers. It took me about an hour to set up my game stuff just the way I wanted it when I first moved in. XD; It'll make more sense when I take pictures. :)

Years
    I'll post a picture when I get around to it which probably won't happen, lazy.

I have a 19 Inch LG Flat Screen as what I play everything on, TV, DVD's, Xbox.
    Under that is a Directv reciever, and under that is my XBOX 360 Slim.
    Under that on a pull out tray is my Toshiba laptop with Windows 7.
    Also on the desk is garbage, various electronics, and my wired and wireless routers.
    I have about 15 Games for my Xbox which I keep on a shelf to the side. It's the most games I've had at one time. Next to the games are a bunch of CDs, and next to that and underneath and various computer games and DVDs I don't use anymore.
    Finally, I use a Turtle Beach X11 Headset. I used to have Tritton 180's, but they are broken and I really don't want to fix them.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    Your Gaming setup

Yeah, so this is my current setup in my basement at my parents house.
    1. Xbox 360 Elite: Meh, not much to say about this.
    2. Wii - Self Explanatory
    3. Large Project TV - Quite fun to play on, when you're sitting a good deal away from it,
    4. Random Games, etc.

My headset is somewhere in the mess. XD

I'll post a picture of my bedroom station sometime later, same with my dorm setup when I go back to school in January.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Sorry if this wasn't expalined clearly.
    -There's a TV up in front of the couch
    -The PS2 is in front of it, on a table
    -The Wii is connected right next to the TV

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    1 - Samsung BX2335 LED Monitor
    2 - Samsung P2770HD LCD TV
    3 - Jailbroken PS3
    4 - Xbox 360 Elite
    5 - Gaming Desktop
    6 - Modded PSTwo

There is more but I don't have it all hooked up.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    1 - Samsung BX2335 LED Monitor
    2 - Samsung P2770HD LCD TV
    3 - Jailbroken PS3
    4 - Xbox 360 Elite
    5 - Gaming Desktop
    6 - Modded PSTwo

There is more but I don't have it all hooked up.

Spoiler:

PC Specs?

Here's my setup. It's a mess, but it's basically stuck like that for the lifespan of this desk. My headphones are usually on a hook around the side of the desk, so I moved them there so you can see them. PC Specs are in sig and Half Life 2 is loaded. :D Questions are welcome.

Your Gaming setup

EDIT: And my souped up SP. :D
    Your Gaming setup

Last edited:

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Archer - I freaking LOVE your desk. It looks so attractive. I also love how your monitor is atop several games/DVDs. xD As for the SP, LOL. Like you really need that much power... xD

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    @Flameguru - That setup looks quite cozy. I do like your keyboard.

Haha it's my room. Beats the crap out of my dorm room at college, thats for sure. I have my Alienware m15x there though so I can still play all of my Steam Games.

PC Specs?

Very close to yours.

NZXT Tempest Evo Case
    Raidmax Hybrid 530W Power Supply
    MSI 870A-G54 Motherboard
    Phenom II X2 555 BE Unlocked to B55 X4 @ 3.8 Ghz CPU
    4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600 Mhz Ram
    ASUS CuCore Radeon HD5770 1GB GDDR5 (920 Mhz, 1250 Mhz) GPU
    500GB WD Caviar Black (7200RPm 32MB Cache) Hard Drive
    Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD Burner

Last edited:

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    All your setups dwarf mine, but I'll post mine regardless
    Spoiler:

Not numbered because lazy. I'll list what I have anyway.
    - 22in' 1080i Capable TV
    - Xbox 360 Arcade with a storebrought 120gb HDD
    - PS3 250gb Slim
    - Wii (Not Shown), In the corner of my bedroom, gathering dust.
    - Turtle Beach X11 Wired Headset. I went for wired because I'm not a fan for buying batteries, and the wireless ones cost way too much as it is. It still does the job. (Soundwhoring people through dead silence on CoD4 ftw?)
    - Crappy Packard Bell Laptop barely capable of running Team Fortress 2. (Not Shown)

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    Well since I do not play much video games except for the computer I only have a gamecube that I never even look at anymore. I do have a nice tv but no real interest in playing on counsels when I got my computer.

Ωmega

Four score and seven years ago
    Years
    I'll post my setup when I get back to Manila. Right now I'm in Virginia. I don't live in the states anymore.

I'll let you all know this: my games require the use of a bookshelf and my systems are hooked up to a surround sound stereo in one room and another television in another room. XD

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
    I don't have a good camera, but here it is in list form.

My Gamecube, Pikachu N64, Genesis, and PS1 reside in/on my dresser connected to a small tv. The big tv I have is strictly for Cable TV only, right by my bed.

In the living room, my Wii is always connected to the tv, next to the turntable and huge speaker system.

All of my handhelds sleep on my bed next to me, even the cartridges.

Years
    Finally able to upload my set up since I am back where it is! XD

Your Gaming setup

1. Sound System. Got for £10 but they kick out amazing sound and base.
    2. 250GB PS3
    3. Gaming Draw
    4. 21st teddy that is 'apparently' good luck according to my parents! XD
    5. 19" LG TV + Monitor
    6. The thing I hate in the mornings
    7. 40mm - 150mm Olympus Camera Lens
    8. Blackberry Storm2
    9. Numerous USB's and 500GB WD HDD
    10. 8GB iPod Touch
    11. 1TB WD HDD and Time Machine
    12. BEST CHAIR EVER
    13. 15" Macbook Pro
    14. Wireless Keyboard
    15. Crappy Wired Mouse
    16. DSi XL
    17. PSP 3000
    18. SILENT HILL 2 SPECIAL EDITION =D
    19. Wallet :3
    20. Stack of PS3 controllers
    21. TV Remote

And what is in my small gaming draw?
    Your Gaming setup

monkeyandhead

I didn't train to be a Pilot.
    Years
    I cant really post a picture because I'm always shuffling things around, but I can give a nice description.

I have a 22" Hisense LCD TV sitting in the corner of a very large table next to a 15" Compaq Laptop which has an AverMedia DarkCrystal HD Capture Station plugged into it at all times (so I record all my gameplays). My Xbox is on the ground next to my table ontop of a couple of boxes so the HD cable can reach when I'm not using my AverMedia, but I usually leave the Xbox plugged into the capture station. I have an ethernet cable running along the ground which is the neatest cable in the room, because everything else is squished up inbetween my laptop and my TV due to the Capture Station. I have a wired controller which also makes messy cables, and all my games are either on the ground next to the boxes or in a very messy draw with two more controllers and a hard drive and some other crap.

Back