• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your house is on fire...

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    You have 2 minutes to take as many items as you can from your house AND get out, before it burns down and you can no longer escape. You must think about what kind of items you could feasibly save in that time and bring them with you, what would you take?

apologies if this thread has been done before /unoriginality

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Putting a situation like this into perspective, I know what I should get (important documents. duh!) but in reality I would most likely grab stuff like my laptop, iPad, 3DS, my dog, the stuffed Pooh my mom gave me... aaaand that's all I'd probably have time to get / hold.

Ugh! If only I had enough time to save the plant in my room I bought from IKEA too.

Sirfetch’d

Only having 2 minutes certainly isn't ideal when trying to decide between hundreds of things to save from a burning house but if it's all that I have I'd use those 2 minutes wisely and save the most important things to me. First off, I'd make sure that my family is out before I even begin to think about materialistic items to save. If everyone is out of the house the first thing I would grab is the box of photos located under my coffee table. These are the most important items in my house because the memories associated with them are irreplaceable. After that I would then grab my laptop because it too has countless photos stored on it that I would never want to lose. Lastly, I should have just enough time to grab the box of collectibles located in my room which holds things such as high school memories, a memorial from my grandpa's funeral, and a few other items that are of high importance to me. I wouldn't have anymore time after this and I certainly wouldn't be able to carry anything else so these few things would have to do.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Sweet, 2 minutes is alot of time actually. Probably just the expensive crap like my laptop and TA-50 gear that I have lying around and don't want to repay back to the government. Documents are replaceable, so **** em.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    My house, obviously.

Are pets included?
    If so, I would definitely get my two felines and Uromastyx. If possible, I'd do my best to shoo the stray cats (and the chubby opossum that I feed) away from the house so they don't get hurt.

After that, my camera, laptop, Pokemon games, etc.

I'd spend all 2 minutes thinking about what to bring, and as a result bring out nothing
    3.%20frown.gif
    I probably would spend like half of the time doing the same thing...fighting with myself about what should be saved. Without a doubt, though, the cats and Uromastyx are first.

Last edited:

Sir Codin

Mainly so I can sic both on the a-hole that set my house on fire.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Unfortunately nothing 'cuz mom would be shoving my disabled butt out the window before anything else.

If I had to choose, my laptop, iPod, and baby blanket, along with the Kraft Dinner, coffee, and Sugar Twin that I keep in my room, and water of course.
    Yes, I keep food in there... I get hungry... Dx

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    As long as all living organisms are out of the question, I would personally make a bee line for my laptop. I cannot lose it, else I will fail uni ;-; Maybe salvage a few clothes from the hamper as well since that is near my laptop usually.

Or I could just use my powers to stop the fire, if that counts.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'd grab my cat. We have 3, but I'd mostly be concerned about mine because the others would probably know to get the hell out of the house, but mine'd probably just be confused and hiding somewhere. However, if I saw any of them I'd definitely try and grab. My dogs mostly stay on the ground floor, so I'm not too worried about them getting out the door. I'm pretty confident that my family could get the pets out since there's four/five of us in total, and usually at least two/three of us are around during the day.

Other than that, I'd probably grab the backpack that contains my games (useful for carrying too :3) and my other cat's ashes, which could be easily done considering these items are near my doorway. Maybe my laptop, but as much as it would suck if I lost it, everything else is more important to me.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Important things that I'll be REALLY needing. Such as..
    My laptop, my clothes & foods for the rest of the family & me.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • I'm kind of in a good situation for this, since most of the things that are important to me are either immediately in front of me or already conveniently in boxes and bags.

My desktop computer first (which alone would waste quite a lot of my time), then I'd stuff my 3DS, phone, and iPod into pockets, sling my backpack full of my laptop and D&D stuff over my back, grab my convenient tote box of Xbox 360 games (the console is cheaper to replace), and run.

It helps to have as much stuff on myself as possible.

TouretteUnicorn

Professionally unprofessional
    Years
  • Wallet, car keys, cell phone, and my hard-drive. 3ds to.

Fortunately four of those things are right by me every night, and my computer simply requires me to push a button to eject the hard-drive.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I'd grab my backpack, french horn, laptop, 3DS, and various small items (wallet, phone, etc). Pretty much the most expensive items and a few others. My french horn is a must save.

Years
    • Seen today
    Car keys, cell phone, laptop, laptop charger, laptop bag, 3DS, and my folder of important documents.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    My teddy bear, my Harry Potter collectibles and books (I am NEVER going to buy the new versions), my Adventure Time stuff, my school bag, and my sister's iPod Shuffle, 'cause my sister downloaded so many songs there and I can't just let all of that go to waste D:

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • as long as I have my precious laptop I am A-OK. I can just simply buy another desktop for my crippled pc lol. so yea. thats all I would take with me in my desperate escape from the fire. my laptop :)

Back