• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your humble opinion?

MsHailstorm

Smooth Criminal~
    Years
    I have Diamond at the moment, and I plan on getting SoulSilver come April 23rd (my birthday! :3), but I'll also have a little money to spend as well.

My question is, what are your opinions on Platinum compared to the other DS titles?
    Would it be worth my time to buy that as well, after already having Diamond and SoulSilver?
    And what kind of differences between all three games would there be that makes it worthwhile to have all of them?

I appreciate any and all opinions, even bad ones. :]

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    First off we share a birthday which I always find pretty cool :D

Anyways on topic, I have all three of those games, but Heartgold, same thing. I think there are many differences in these three games. Platinum and Diamond are still quite alike, but SoulSilver is obviously completely different. I LOVED Platinum and once I got it I dunno I couldn't go back to Diamond. With things like the Battle Frontier, the Battlegrounds. Your Resort House (yeah some people think it's stupid,) and a whole new plot with Team Galactic. I think there are enough changes to say it's worth getting, because you can play through a good amount before you get SoulSilver.

That's just my opinion though, some people may not agree.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
    First off we share a birthday which I always find pretty cool :D

Anyways on topic, I have all three of those games, but Heartgold, same thing. I think there are many differences in these three games. Platinum and Diamond are still quite alike, but SoulSilver is obviously completely different. I LOVED Platinum and once I got it I dunno I couldn't go back to Diamond. With things like the Battle Frontier, the Battlegrounds. Your Resort House (yeah some people think it's stupid,) and a whole new plot with Team Galactic. I think there are enough changes to say it's worth getting, because you can play through a good amount before you get SoulSilver.

That's just my opinion though, some people may not agree.

I think you should only get one of each of the games. So yOu should only get a new game when you completed a lot so you can trade i guess?

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    finish soulsilver first. Then do some research of platinum compared to diamond, and then if you want it, buy it (It may be cheaper by the time you finish soulsilver)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I was originally hesitant to buy Platinum when it came out - I didn't even pre-order it. But I'm glad I did. The changes over D/P might not be major, but they do improve the overall game experience.

With that said, if you absolutely despised Team Galactic and D/P's Gym Leaders and Elites, don't buy Platinum. But if you enjoyed D/P enough to want to play it again with a few tweaks, then I'd go for Platinum.

ShadowSalamence

Fan of the Dragon Pokemon
    Years
    Pokemon Platinum is an improved version of D/P. It introduces new Pokemon forms (Rotom, Giratina, Shaymin), the Battle Frontier and new move tutors.
    However, I don't think you should buy Platinum
    You'd better save your money for another game.

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
    I'd say stick with Diamond and SS. Buying yet another version of the same game, esp when SS is out, seems like a waste of time to me. I did it with all the older versions in gen's 1-3, because I had a Gameboy Advanced and a Gameboy SP that I could use to trade between my games. I also bought Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum together, since that's what I'd always done before; however, once I started playing Platinum, I never even opened my Diamond (I ended up giving it to a friend for her birthday), and I still haven't bothered to complete Pearl. I guess my opinion is that unless you have two Gameboy DS's to trade between to make it worth having more than one main game, or you're just really interested in playing the same story line again, don't bother buying Platinum.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Now the guys who wanna say happy birthday even it a little less than month for it.
    Well, happy birt- oh...
    Get SS, and save for another game. Or heck, buy yourself some make up of some sort, I'm a guy so I can't help you out with it too much..

BTW, your birthday is 10 days after mine (April 13)

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I think that you shouldn't get Platinum, because there's not very much of a difference between it and Diamond. Believe me, I played it. It's the same region, so wouldn't you get tired of it? SoulSilver rocks, so I think you should just stick with that. However, it is your choice whether or not to get it.

Back