• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your League Conference Team Of Ash's Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2013
    So out of all Ash's Pokemon that he still has the capability of using, meaning none that have been released or given away and stuff, which six would you use?

Also, this is imagining that he doesn't capture anymore Pokemon in Unova and to make it interesting you can't evolve more than one out of Tepig, Snivy and Oshawott but the others from Unova can evolve.

My chosen Pokemon are:

1. Charizard
    2. Bulbasaur
    3. Swellow
    4. Snorlax
    5. Glalie
    6. Gigalith (If Roggenrola evolved)

terminoob

Waffles.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Pikachu (end of region strength)
    Sceptile
    Seismitoad (provided Palpitoad evolves, if not then replaced with Kingler)
    Gliscor
    Heracross
    Tauros

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2013
    Interesting choice, I had considered both Heracross and Sceptile but not really any of the others. I don't know much of Gen 5 so I don't know what Palpitoad/Seismitoad are like but I chose Gigalith coz you just gotta love them rock types.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • 1. Pikachu (it's his "ace" Pokemon, after all)
    2. Infernape (it's fast)
    3. Sceptile (it's strong)
    4. Oshawott (for lolz)
    5. Gible (as a Gabite or Garchomp)
    6. Gliscor (I wonder if it did anymore training with McCann?)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Pikachu
    Charizard
    Sceptile
    Snorlax
    Gigalith (pending Roggenrola ever gets there)
    Garchomp (pending Gible ever gets there)

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Pikachu
    Infernape
    Sceptile
    Snorlax
    Staraptor
    Heracross

That's what I would use. There's enough power and speed in there to wipe out the enemies without a problem.

Kowai

Elite
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2011
    1. Pikachu
    2. Infernape
    3. Sceptile
    4. Snorlax
    5. Charizard
    6. Kingler

I prefer kingler out of Ash's water types since it never disappointed before and has proven to have strong offense and defense. Picked two fire types because they can probably win even against a type disadvantage so it doesn't make any difference. Normal flying types always disappoint me so I left them out.

Last edited:

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    1.Pikachu
    2.Bayleef
    3.Sceptile
    4.Kingler
    5.Snorlax

I like Snorlax and Kingler they had some great battles under their belt. Kingler can used more battles giving how powerful and strong he really is.

Years
    • Pikachu
    • Sceptile
    • Charizard
    • Kingler (Sweeped a powerful team during it's first battle as a Krabby)
    • Swellow (Few losses, can hold its own against legendaries)
    • Snorlax

Alternates:
    • Infernape
    • Tauros
    • Heracross

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years

• Pikachu
    • Sceptile
    • Charizard
    • Kingler (Sweeped a powerful team during it's first battle as a Krabby)
    • Swellow (Few losses, can hold its own against legendaries)
    • Snorlax

Alternates:
    • Infernape
    • Snorlax
    • Heracross
    You cloned Snorlax? Sir are you Mewtwo?! If I was going to get an alternate myself I would probably add Oshowott pending he evolves into Samurott, that or switch it with Gigalith. Then have Glalie(if he needs an Ice Type) and Heracross.

archeops14

The First Bird
    Years
  • -Pikachu
    -Infernape
    -Sceptile
    -Dewott
    -Gliscor
    -Snorlax

Okay, I chose Infernape over Charizard because I don't quite like the idea of two flyers in Ash's team, and I really wanted to choose Gliscor because of his training. Sceptile is fast, strong, has lots of experience of battling tough opposition and has a pretty good moveset. Dewott is actually fitting considering it used to be an unexperienced Oshawott. Snorlax for getting a few hits in and Pikachu is self-explainatory.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well, this sounds fun. But won't he just rotate through the whole thing anyway? If you mean something like his final battle in the league, this'll be how I see it:
    1. Pikachu - An obvious choice, but also very powerful.
    2. Torterra - He or well really the writers would have probably noticed the treatment it got near the end of DP, so I think Ash using it in Unova, and hopefully winning some battles will be perfect and would make up for the poor use in Sinnoh.
    3. Conkeldurr - A very risky choice, but I do belive the writers would be mad to miss the oppertunity of having Ash and Trip trade Boldor (if Ash's Roggenrola evolves first) and Gurdurr. But yeah, I can actually see a Conkeldurr for Ash so it would be very, very interesting.
    4. Scrafty - Providing Ash's Scraggy evolves, I think theres a very high chance of Ash using Scrafty in the Pokémon league. I can see it being a very powerful Pokémon with of possibilty of using moves like Zen Headbutt and Head Smash.
    5. Glalie - I don't think we've seen enough of this Pokémon. The only stuff I can really remember was Ash always trying to teach it ice beam, when it evolved, and a double battle in the Hoenn league. So yeah, for me it would be a good way to make up for it. It does seem like a strong Pokémon too really, so yeah.
    6. Charizard - Another Risky choice, but considering he didn't get an appearence in DP, I think it would be a good idea for Ash to use him in the Unova league. Nuff said really. It does seem a little overpowered sometimes, but I guess that can be seen as a good thing too.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • -Pikachu
    -Infernape
    -Sceptile
    -Dewott
    -Gliscor
    -Snorlax

Okay, I chose Infernape over Charizard because I don't quite like the idea of two flyers in Ash's team, and I really wanted to choose Gliscor because of his training. Sceptile is fast, strong, has lots of experience of battling tough opposition and has a pretty good moveset. Dewott is actually fitting considering it used to be an unexperienced Oshawott. Snorlax for getting a few hits in and Pikachu is self-explainatory.
    Used to be? He still is a Oshawott, I assume you mean pending he evolves. And he has quite a bit of battle experience since it seems to be Ash signature pokemon of this region thus far.

Well, this sounds fun. But won't he just rotate through the whole thing anyway? If you mean something like his final battle in the league, this'll be how I see it:
    1. Pikachu - An obvious choice, but also very powerful.
    2. Torterra - He or well really the writers would have probably noticed the treatment it got near the end of DP, so I think Ash using it in Unova, and hopefully winning some battles will be perfect and would make up for the poor use in Sinnoh.
    3. Conkeldurr - A very risky choice, but I do belive the writers would be mad to miss the oppertunity of having Ash and Trip trade Boldor (if Ash's Roggenrola evolves first) and Gurdurr. But yeah, I can actually see a Conkeldurr for Ash so it would be very, very interesting.
    4. Scrafty - Providing Ash's Scraggy evolves, I think theres a very high chance of Ash using Scrafty in the Pokémon league. I can see it being a very powerful Pokémon with of possibilty of using moves like Zen Headbutt and Head Smash.
    5. Glalie - I don't think we've seen enough of this Pokémon. The only stuff I can really remember was Ash always trying to teach it ice beam, when it evolved, and a double battle in the Hoenn league. So yeah, for me it would be a good way to make up for it. It does seem like a strong Pokémon too really, so yeah.
    6. Charizard - Another Risky choice, but considering he didn't get an appearence in DP, I think it would be a good idea for Ash to use him in the Unova league. Nuff said really. It does seem a little overpowered sometimes, but I guess that can be seen as a good thing too.
    I would also love to see Torterra get some redemption since he hasn't won since he evolved. Conkelder would be a beast, but I don't know if I would have two fighting types on the same team. Glalie needs some love as well, since it was a late capture like Gible.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I would also love to see Torterra get some redemption since he hasn't won since he evolved. Conkelder would be a beast, but I don't know if I would have two fighting types on the same team. Glalie needs some love as well, since it was a late capture like Gible.
    That's a fair point, I put him in their because of it's Dark type really, since it is only really weak to Flying and Fighting. Though, I would maybe probably which it around with maybe a Pokémon like Donphan.

I do quite like your idea of a Garchomp, but honestly I don't think it would evolve to stages by then, since it isn't going to be used in most of Unova. Although I could see Ash using Gible after the league if he goes around west Unova in a saga somewhat like the Battle Frontier. Although, I think it would be a pretty great idea if it evolved whilst in Professor Oak's lab, since I don't think that's happened yet. /gosh I just ramble on don't I? xD

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Maybe there is no need for Dophan and Scrafty if he gets Krokorok. Would absolutely love that. Yeah I would have a heard time believe we will see two evolutions in quick span, but then again it only took 3 episodes for Charmleon to evolve into Charizard. And I actually think Gabite are strong in their own right as well. And I really hope Scraggy needs to expand on it's movepool in up coming episodes. As does Axew(I don't want to see a one trick pony with Dragon Rage), and Tepig. Hoping it gets High Jump Kick, Faint Attack, and Crunch.

Twiggity Twang

Ruler of the Ice Boundary
    Years
  • Primeape—Yeh. A lot of people kind of forgot about him. He's been in training for over a decade now, and it's high time he got pulled out. He's strong, he's fast, he's unpredictable, he's a force to be reckoned with. Definitely someone I'd look at.

Infernape—I think we all know why he's here. With his speed and strength, he is unmatched. His only loss after evolution was to Flint's Infernape.

Sceptile—He took down Darkrai, he managed a draw against May's Blaziken (who he had a disadvantage against), and he came close to bringing down Brandon's Regirock. Sceptile is a lean, green, fighting machine.

Glalie—Ash's only Ice-type (discounting Lapras, who is no longer in his possession). Glalie has some serious strength, as he took down a Charizard in the Hoenn League nearly single-handedly, after all.

Palpitoad/Seismitoad or Buizel—Either of these are good. They're both powerful Water types, and they've got better speed than Krabby, more power than Corphish, and they outclass Oshawott and Squirtle in nearly all aspects. Seismitoad would be there for more brute force, and Floatzel would be for speed and strategy. Besides, how cool would it be to see Buizel again? He's definitely one of my favorites.

Staraptor/Swellow—Either would work. It's kind of a similar scenario to Palpitoad/Buizel, with Staraptor being there for power and Swellow for speed.

Alternates:

Snorlax
    Muk
    Kingler
    Heracross
    Scrafty (if Scraggy evolves)
    Emboar (is Tepig evolves)
    Torterra
    Gliscor

Years
  • No one chose the 6 Tauros out of the 30 as a team? Oh well...I wouldn't
    My team would be

1. Snivy (My favorite)
    2. Charizard (He is overpowered, and Ash should of brought him to Unova for easy sweep)
    3. Infernape (Amazing battle between Infernape and Eelecktvire)
    4. Staraptor (decent stats, plus it has close combat)
    5. Scraggy (if that he evolves)
    6. Tauro (why not?)

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    -Pikachu
    -Infernape
    -Sceptile
    -Dewott
    -Gliscor
    -Snorlax

Oshawott becoming a Dewott is slim to non,it is unown if he will evolve or not. Oshawott isn't really the star of the Unova region he is getting a lot of screentime as well as Snivy and Tepig can really used more screentime.

1.Pikachu (Strong and powerful)
    2.Charizard (Powerhouse and Have some badass moves)
    3.Sceptile (Very strong and had some great battles under his belt.)
    4.Torterra (It prove how strong it was as a Turtwig and Grotle,but as Torterra it was weak as hell and it hardly won any battles at all.)

There is no way Ash is gone to bring back any of his old Pokemon now that the show is on the fresh start,Ash already have enough pokemon and he need to catch some more while he is in the Unova region.

Back