• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Life's Report Card

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I came across this today. Thought it was an interesting idea and thread-worthy.

Comedian Martin Short uses an "Accountability Checklist" to assess himself a couple times a year, as if broken into school terms, and try to achieve some balance in his life. It's like a report card where your life is divided into categories acting as courses. Each year of your life is another Grade in school. Should you have a bad term or semester and fail a category, you can double down on the other classes to boost your GPA and balance out your life.

The life courses are as follows:

• Self (your weight, any illness, overall health)
    • Immediate family (significant other/partner and children)
    • Original family (sibling and parents)
    • Friends
    • Money
    • Career
    • Creativity
    • Discipline
    • Lifestyle (are you having fun?)

So... how are you faring? What's your life GPA? Your worst subjects? Your best? Anything you need to improve?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Self B-
    Immediate family n/a
    Original family B+
    Friends A
    Money B+
    Career D- (still in college)
    Creativity B
    Discipline B
    Lifestyle B

I'm usually a B+ to A student but my lifestyle is average overall. I over-think a lot which doesn't help me at all.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Self: A
    Immediate family: D (Finally started dating, but it's been a little rocky.)
    Original family: A
    Friends: F
    Money: F
    Career: F
    Creativity: A
    Discipline: C
    Lifestyle (are you having fun?): F

Well.... yeah. I'm working on fixing these things much more than I have in the past. Hopefully that will be turning around soon.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Self: C-D
    Immediate family: F
    Original family: B
    Friends: B
    Money: B
    Career: C
    Discipline: A
    Lifestyle: D

If my past self evaluates himself, the grades would have been higher. 2014 isn't really my year.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Overall, I'm a better student in "real" school than I am at life, but I think my life GPA has been showing an upward trend, so I'm hoping that'll look good on my post-life applications.

Self (your weight, any illness, overall health): B. I would like to lose some weight and get into better shape, but I also don't have any significant health issues.
    Immediate family (significant other/partner and children): F. I'm single.
    Original family (sibling and parents): A. I think my relationship with my parents is good.
    Friends: A-. I'm happy with my friends, and I've been doing a better job of keeping in touch with them than I expected, but there's always a little room for improvement.
    Money: B. For later in life, this would be a much lower score, but right now, I'm reasonably happy to not be in debt and to have a job where I'm making some money (albeit not a lot).
    Career: A. I think I'm setting myself up well for my desired career path.
    Creativity: A. I think I'm a pretty creative person, but I don't feel like giving anecdotes.
    Discipline: A-. Academic and career-wise, extremely disciplined. Less so in the personal/life elements, but right now, I'm weighting the former factors more heavily.
    Lifestyle (are you having fun?): B. This is an area where I have shown a lot of improvement in the last year, but I definitely could enjoy life more and worry less.

I seem to be an A/B student, but I'm struggling on the "immediate family" front. I think that's an area that's hard to study for and improve until you meet the right person, though.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Self B- (Fairly healthy, but a tad overweight)
    Immediate family F (What's a boyfriend? :'D)
    Original family A
    Friends B+
    Money C (Need a part-time BAD)
    Career D (Hey now, I'm still at college. Though, I'd give myself a B for entering one of the hardest to enter around here)
    Creativity B
    Discipline B
    Lifestyle B

For lifestyle... I am having fun, but there's still a part of me that's not having fun... so yeah.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Self: C, could do way better with weight but I've been enjoying being 21 and life itself honestly.
    Immediate family: No partner or children in my life rn
    Original family: B-/B, I think I've done way better with my parents this year compared to the last two years though I could still do better, my brother and I get along great.
    Friends: A, I've become pretty close to my friends. They've become a solid part of my life.
    Money: B-, I've done better with money in the past. It's honestly hard to be so on top of it when I'm having fun with my friends...
    Career: B, I hate my job but I stick to it pretty well and I do all that is asked of me, when it comes to what I'm going to school for and my actual career I'm working towards I think I'm doing okay. I've gotten more on top of it lately so I feel better.
    Creativity: C, I'm creative in certain aspects, but not the ones that really seem to matter.
    Discipline: B, I'm still pretty disciplined on myself though I've been letting myself have fun lately. :)
    Lifestyle: A, I'm honestly having so much fun and really living life right now. I love the person that I have become and yeah idk!!! It's hard to explain I'm just really happy!!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Self (your weight, any illness, overall health)- F. Honestly I feel like I'm on the same level as what motivates school shooters except I live in a gun control country.

Immediate family (significant other/partner and children)- F. Don't have any, significant others are an impossibility for a psycho like me.

Original family (sibling and parents)- F. Very poor relationships, cannot feel attachment to them.

Friends- D. Play video games with strangers to substitute some companionship.

Money- C. It's my parents. They gave me a decent amount.

Career- F. High school dropout, not looking for work.

Creativity- D. All I have is a perverted sense of humour.

Discipline- F. Can't force myself to do anything.

Lifestyle (are you having fun?)- D. Just keeping somewhat entertained with video games. I also enjoy some movies.

Summary: If only it was legal to kill human slugs like me who are too wimpy to do it themselves.

Get a job, this will give you a sense of purpose and discipline if you take it seriously and in turn make you at least a little bit happier. I can't even begin to tell you how much it affects your psyche, having nothing to do all day but sit at home and waste time playing video games and chatting online. You become more and more depressed about yourself the more and more you're cooped up in a house not experiencing even the most remedial parts of the world. Connect with the people at your job and make friends there. This is the easiest way for adults to make friends, through work. And it usually comes naturally. You spend a lot of your time with them, you're bound to make a few friends while you're there. For most people, work friendships are usually a lot stronger than the friendships you make at school, so they're bound to last a lot longer and you're likely to get a lot more out of them, like quality friendships and potential relationships. As your life around you starts to improve, you'll feel better about yourself. And therefore, you have improved at least half of the list of things you don't like in your life.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    Self A - Sure, there as some flaws I cannot change, but otherwise I am content with myself.
    Immediate family F - Gonna stay single for a long, long time.
    Original family D - They're nice to me sometimes.
    Friends D - I don't know. I just don't seem to have as many true friends as I thought I did.
    Money D - Not financially independent yet, sadly.
    Career F - Nonexistent.
    Creativity A - I'm a creative person, which is pretty alright.
    Discipline A - I'm good.
    Lifestyle D - Not exactly happy with it, but I feel like that's going to change in a few years, so I'll just remain patient as always.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Self (your weight, any illness, overall health) - B
    Immediate family (significant other/partner and children) - F
    Original family (sibling and parents) - B
    Friends - C
    Money - C
    Career - F (Don't have a job, I'm still in school) | Academia/School-wise: A
    Creativity - C
    Discipline - B
    Lifestyle (are you having fun?) - C

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    -Self (your weight, any illness, overall health)
    B+ ;I'm pretty good, if I do say so myself. Fit, healthy, and happy. Could work out a bit more, but I'm very capable. A hell of a lot stronger than I look, and yeah. Just well off.

-Immediate family (significant other/partner and children)
    A; Highest grade possible, so A+ is that counts. Not to sound narcissistic or anything, but in regards to my personal relationship, I think I'm more or less perfect. Not to say I'm the perfect guy, but I'm just really comfortable with myself and with her, and we're both happy with one another, and we've never ever had an issue with each other.

-Original family (sibling and parents)
    C ;I avoid my parents these days. I know it's really rude of me to say, but they make my life a complete hell at times, and I've grown to like not having them around. I love my sisters, though, especially the older one, who is probably the person who knows me best, tied with my girlfriend, if not ahead of her. She knows everything about me, no limits.

-Friends
    C; in my defense, i don't know who i can call my friends anymore. But I don't really see them much anymore with school, work, studies, and the lady. It sucks being in a huge group of friends at times like this.

-Money
    B- ;I am actually pretty good at saving money and still spending a comfortable amount. I have to start from scratch, though, so while I can save money no problem, saving up has been problematic, especially when something really expensive and unavoidable happens, such as me needing to buy a new phone. I hate asking my parents for money, considering ever since I got a job, I've been as independent money-wise as possible, but it happens on the rare occasion like that

-Career
    B-; if we're talking jobs, anyway. I'm a tutor, and I do pretty well and make a decent amount of money. It's fairly unstable, though, not to mention I've developed a habit of taking days off, which hurts me.
    C-; if we're talking long term career goals. I only just decided to firmly go on tje computer science route, but I have everyone and their mother telling me I should get into therapy, which makes me unsure ugh.

-Creativity
    B; I feel like this is a little more broad of a topic to grade our selves on, but I think I'm pretty average in creativity.

-Discipline
    B; I wanted to give myself a B+, but that would have been generous. I can be very disciplined at times, but I know very well I have my moments. And they're bad when they happen.

-Lifestyle (are you having fun?)
    A-; I am. I'm having a great time, which is amazing considering my workload. I'm happy :)

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    get me I'm gonna be vague and just give the grades

Self - C+
    Immediate family - D
    Original family - C
    Friends - B
    Money - C
    Career - C
    Creativity - C
    Discipline - A-
    Lifestyle - C+

I consider things to be a work in progress.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I'm sorry I don't know how letters work, in my country we do a 1-10 scale so I'll stick to that.

Self - 6: Healthy enough but I have a stomach sickness I need to get treatment for.
    Immediate family - Not taking that course yet
    Original family - 7: I don't have any problems with them but I could be much better at interacting with them
    Friends - 9: I'm perfectly happy with all I have and I currently don't have problems with any.
    Money - 10: Absolutely no problems in this regard.
    Career - 8: Started working 2 years ago and I already have a ridiculous amount of experience at a top-tier company in my field, so I can't complain.
    Creativity - 7: I have a lot but it's wasted most of the time, I need to fix that.
    Discipline - 3: Needs a lot of improvement.
    Lifestyle - 9: I love my life.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Self: B
    Immediate family: B
    Original family: A-
    Friends: B
    Money: A
    Career: B+
    Creativity: F
    Discipline: D
    Lifestyle: B+

mfw
    Your Life's Report Card

pkmin3033

I love the concept of this, but it's going to be grim for me. I'll give some justification for each, though, because I AM going to be brutally honest about it.

Self: F
    I am well and truly failing this: my physical health is at a stage where I am actually deemed too ill to work, and I doubt this will change until the middle of next year at the absolute earliest. I have improved significantly over the course of the year but, as far as I'm concerned, this remains an F until I'm fit enough to work and start making a life for myself. I imagine my doctors would disagree, but...well, I don't FEEL any different. I don't feel any better about myself, and that's a huge part of it. I wouldn't say I hate myself - I'm not that melodramatic - but...well, I'm not even content, never mind happy.

Immediate family: N/A
    I've opted out of this one; I don't have a partner, and I have no real interest in acquiring one at this time, so I wouldn't deem this a failure...I don't really want to establish the connection it would take for me to allow someone into my life in this capacity, and I'm asexual, so the attraction side of things doesn't factor into it for me.

Original family: C

I...think we're all doing alright? I patched things up with my grandparents last year and, asides from them, I only really come into contact with my immediate family; i.e. those who I live with. I get along alright with my father and little brother, and my mother...well, we go through "hit and miss" phases, which is why this isn't an A. We can be engaged in singing competitions one day, and then at each other's throats the next, because we really don't see eye-to-eye on a lot of things, and respect is constantly being re-evaluated between us. But my family life is fairly stable right now.

Friends: C
    This is a tough one...I've never been very good at keeping friends. I have a tendency to isolate myself from others once I start to get closer to them - it's a self-protection strategy I've never really been able to shake; the harsh truth of it is that I'm just too afraid and mistrustful of others to let them get closer to me - so, whilst I'd hope I was a fairly good conversationlist when it comes to small talk and the like, the process of getting to know me tends to hit a brick wall at some unidentifiable point and never go any further than that. My friends IRL are scattered across the country and I don't like Facebook, so I don't really keep in contact with them, and I'm not a sociable person offline; drinking and partying and the rest just doesn't appeal to me. Online, I love to talk to people, just...not on a personal level. Without that personal level, is it friendship? I dunno, really. It's awkward. xD

Money: A
    I'm good with my money; I always have been. I have plenty saved, and I have the self-control not to spend my money on things I don't really need most of the time. I don't have much coming in, but that's not what this is about to me. I know how to budget properly. This is one of the few areas I'd give myself an A in.

Career: C
    At first glance, this makes noooo sense, but I'd grade this in relation to my career prospects and plans. I have two degrees. I'm going to get a good job when I'm allowed to work. I did NOT go through years of schooling just to fail this. Really, based on my degree results I should grade myself higher than this, but I'm not after a highly paid job; I'll settle for a comfortable job which, whilst it won't pay as much, I'll enjoy and feel comfortable in. I'm also writing news articles for a website, which is something I've always wanted to do...it's not a paid position, but it's still a career after a fashion. It counts. Kinda.

Creativity: B

I'd like to think I'm a pretty creative person...the problem is getting the ideas out there, because I have too many of them! I like to write, I sprite a bit, and really, when in my situation I HAVE to be creative in my outlook, because otherwise I'm going to feel absolutely awful most of the time. Putting a positive spin on a fatalistic outlook requires a LOT of creativity. xD

Discipline: A
    We all have to do things we don't like, and no amount of whining will change that; just get on with it so you can move on to something you enjoy. I'd like to think I was a fairly disciplined person when I set my mind to it: if I tell myself I'm not going to do something, I won't do it. If I intend to do something, I do it. With some things it's a little harder to do it immediately, but I WILL do it. I spend a lot of time on certain things, but they don't rule my life, and I've proved that to myself - and others - more than once. Just because I don't deprive myself of something constantly doesn't mean I can't. People often seem to forget that. Yeah, I'm good with discipline.

Lifestyle: D
    Am I having fun? Well, I try to. I try to take pleasure in the small things in life, and enjoy what I can when I can. But I have a tendency to punish myself, because nobody else does. All I hear is that I'm doing well, that I've improved, and so on, but the truth is that I'm accomplishing absolutely nothing with my life and, whilst I can attribute my current lifestyle to numerous factors - many of them beyond my control - I'm a little too old to be playing the blame game, and I'm taking responsibility for my current state as best I can...which isn't good enough. Nothing I do will ever be good enough for me, and I doubt I'll ever change that outlook because I am, inherently, a person who is never satisfied with themselves. Some might call it perfectionism, or unrealistically high expectations, but...eh, it's a character trait I've always had. I'm not happy with my life, and I'm doing something about it, but...it's not enough. Simple as that, really. Others might judge me differently, but there we are. My life, my grade.

Sorry if that sounded like a pity party or whatever, just trying to be as brutally honest with myself as possible...after all, it's meaningless otherwise, right?~

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    cool thread

Self: E
    Haha. I've never been anywhere near healthy in any sense of the word and the only reason why I'm not going down to F here is because I've been worse than I am right now. People usually think I look pretty physically fit (not as in strong or anything but just not unwell) which is quite nice so at least from the outside I'm not that bad; could consider bumping this one up to a D maybe.

Immediate family: B
    I'm gonna consider my housemates (and the baby of one of them!!!) immediate family here because I see them just as much as anyone who lives with their family would, and I love those two to bits and they're amazing people to live with and we are like a little family here. Especially with there being a baby involved, haha. I pretty much live sitcom life okay. I've also got a pretty much incredible girlfriend who I'm so happy with, although for very complicated reasons we're actually on a break right now which is why this isn't a straight-up A. Soon enough, though. d:

Original family: -
    I dunno what to say on this one since most of them aren't around any more and I don't want to feel like I'm marking them based on that, haha. If it was just based off my sister who's the only 'original' family member (by definition of this thread, anyway) around now it'd be an instant A. We've always got on amazingly, she's been hugely supportive when I've needed her, now that we're both a bit older we don't see each other so much but when we do we have loads of fun, and yeah. It's nice.

Friends: AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    I've got the best set of friends I could ever ask for, and they've done so much more for me than just being people to have a chat and a bit of fun with. And not just my best friends either. They're amazing people but I have friends in loads of different places and on so many different levels and it's really, really great and I appreciate every single one of them. That said even if I only had my best mate and literally no-one else this'd still be an A, so... that question was kind of a given for me haha.

Money: C
    I've got a (small) flow of money coming in but it's pretty rapidly sucked back out again for stuff like rent, food, bills, etc. I'm not going bankrupt but I can't afford to just splash out on things. Can't complain, can't say much great.

Career: B
    Work in progress. While I've had several unrelated jobs none of them have really got me going on a career path just yet; that said, I'm working towards a degree that'll have me some great skills and experience for the field that I eventually want to work in and, a few hiccups aside, that's coming along nicely so all's looking good in this regard. B because I... still have to get there yet, haha, but I think it should all work out.

Creativity: C
    I was unsure if I should give this a B or not. I used to be an incredibly creative person but a few years ago I just sort of lost the spark and stopped really using it and now I don't feel all that creative any more. I suppose I could revitalise this but in all honesty I don't have much drive for creative stuff any more. A while back this'd have been a massive A but it's just dropped off. One day when I've got more order in my life maybe I'll pick something creative back up again.

Discipline: D
    I am notorious for taking impulsive, irresponsible actions. I work hard usually and know where I'm headed (and this doesn't strictly apply to work - it's also in relationships, friendships, etc) but this is pretty much studded by these moments of really reckless impulsivity and non-committment to anything more sensible. I have fun being a bit irresponsible sometimes but it's at the point where I'd definitely say that it has been, and still often is, a problem that I need to address.

Lifestyle: A
    I am having so much fun. Even if, right now, I'm not in the best place in the world I cannot deny that I absolutely love living my life. Some people find this a really weird idea based on my current situation in life, previous experiences, etc (the short of it is that they're not all exactly great, haha) but... whatever. Life's great, everyone's got their own **** to deal with, and I love what I'm doing and how I do it. yey.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Self: B - how can you be in your 20s and be perfectly happy with your physical self lol. Pretty healthy though.

Immediate family: N/A - I don't have a partner but I don't really care. I'm not sure how this life report card works but I feel like I shouldn't get an F for something that doesn't worry me in the slightest.

Original family: A- - always room for improvement but we get along quite well.

Friends: A

Money: A+

Career: C- - dead-end job in a liquor store. Under the delusion that I'm working on my future but not really doing much about it. But hey, it's full time and I'm super good at my job so there's room for me to advance if I want to. I just really, really don't want to.

Discipline: B+

Lifestyle: B

So I average closest to a B+. I don't like that, I've always been an A student.

Razgriz

Acetaminophen
    Years
    Man! sounds like a cool idea :) let's go...

Self A
    Immediate family F
    Original family C
    Friends A+
    Money B
    Career B
    Creativity C
    Discipline A
    Lifestyle A

Well on average I'm not having a bad time, I like my life and even though it has its ups and downs (like my love life for example) I think it could always be much worse. It looks like I'm always the B guy so I need to step up and become an A xD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Immediate family: N/A - I don't have a partner but I don't really care. I'm not sure how this life report card works but I feel like I shouldn't get an F for something that doesn't worry me in the slightest.
    Yeah, I thought about that. Clearly this is something he devised to apply to himself first and foremost. You could use... whatever works I guess. Roommates? Pets? Whatever fits as your current, independent life

Last edited:

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024

Self
    Immediate family
    Original family
    Friends
    Money
    Career
    Creativity
    Discipline
    Lifestyle
    B
    F
    B-
    C-
    B
    C+
    A
    C+
    C-

A lot of these low because they're in comparison to what I project for the future, in particular the near future for some, as I have put "having a social life" and anything more fulfilling than Netflix and video games on hold until I move states next spring. I have friends, but I don't get to do stuff with them. However, I am in fact happier than at any previous point because I have the means to build the life I want. My job is fun, pays well, and uses skills I learned in college, but it is not my ultimate career goal, which is still a long way off IMO, and again necessitates my relocation to a better base of operations than a one-bedroom apartment in north Georgia.

I gave myself an F in immediate family because I do want one, and am of an age where I should be more likely to be closer to settling down, but I haven't even dated in over 4 years so I just... I don't even. A mate better be in Oregon somewhere. Being self-sufficient is the best but what good is life without sharing it? Original family is hit or miss. Being free = able to get along with dad better than ever, though we still don't get one another. My mom and I continue to be very close, but as much as I love my brothers, I feel distant from them as a person.

Back