• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your lingo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I have been reading this for some time (newbies may appreciate this) and I have I think just two questions...
    One, when somebody writes a post, and out of the blue, I see "XD"...what in the world does that mean??? it seems to mean humor or endearment, but I am not sure...acronyms??
    And two, when you say a Pokemon uses a HP (Like a grass-type using HP: Ice) what does that mean, and how do you get it??
    I think that is it, if I see more things I don't understand, I'll be sure to post it here...

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Erm... XD is a face, "X" being the eyes shaped like a cross, and "D" being the mouth.

HP stands for Hidden Power, and for example, HP:Ice means that Pokemon has the Hidden Power with the elemnt of Ice. HP elements vary from each Pokemon, depending on it's IV's.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    If you're still unsure about Hidden Power, then there are loads of guides on GameFaqs.com... so just go there to get more information, as I'm not sure that the FAQ has it in. Since the question has been answered, thread can be closed ^_^

Case closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back