• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your List of Generation/Regions in order of favoritism?

Favorite Generation/Region?

• Total voters

tfender7

In a list numbered 1-6, list the Generations/Regions in order of which ones you liked the most. With #1 being the best, and #6 being the not so lamest.

1). Sinnoh <3
    2). Unova
    3). Hoenn
    4). Kalos
    5). Kanto
    6). Jotto

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, number one would be Hoenn. It's got a variety of places, and its locations are all different and unique. :] As for the rest, it'd have to be Johto, Kalos, Kanto, Unova, and Sinnoh.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    1. Hoenn
    2. Unova
    3. Kalos
    4. Johto
    5. Kanto
    6. Sinnoh

I really love the locations found in Hoenn, if I lived in the world of pokemon I'd make Hoenn my home.

Years
  • Johto is number 1 for me!

Even-though Kanto was my first, and what made me fall in love with the series. Johto was better in almost every way. Plus I also really like the gen 2 Pokemon. (minis the babies)

Then I guess after that is:
    2)Kanto
    3)Hoenn

I can't really rate the other regions, as I have only played very little of them. (I still need to get a DS/3DS)

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • Is that misspelling of Johto intentional? xD

Mine are:

1. Hoenn
    2. Sinnoh
    3. Johto
    4. Kanto
    5. Unova
    6. Kalos

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    More based on the regions themselves than the games, or maybe not. Because Gen IV was typically my favorite, and I do like Gen VI, just not the region all that much. By now I hate Kanto though.

1. Sinnoh
    2. Johto
    3. Hoenn
    4. Unova
    5. Kalos
    6. Kanto

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I absolutely love Kanto!! It may be the nostalgia.... Kalos comes in a close second though!! It's wonderful, I wonder if I would feel the same if we had all regions with XY graphics....

1. Kanto
    2. Kalos
    3. Sinnoh
    4. Johto
    5. Unova
    6. Hoenn

Years
  • I'm just going to base my answers on the regions themselves, since the games in which they're featured in would skew my vote of them a bit.

1. Hoenn
    2. Unova
    3. Sinnoh
    4. Kalos
    5. Kanto
    6. Johto

Obviously there's more detail to the regions as the years go on, which is why I've got Kanto and Johto at the bottom, but I still think that Hoenn's diversity really paved the way for other regions going forward.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • I really do like of them equally, but Sinnoh gets extra love, because it's where I started.
    It has a great sense of history, and Dialga gets love from me, cos I like anything that can manipulate time. Must be why I love Homura so much :P

Hoenn has a lovely atmosphere about it, being all water and stuff. I love coastal locations, so Hoenn was a treat for me.

Unova, the industralised and modernised region of the Pokemon series. All sleek and fresh. It's hard not to get lost in Castelia~

Johto! It's all diverse, in my opinion. I haven't really played enough of both Gold/Crystal and SoulSilver (the Johto games I've played) to get a feel of the land, and I don't really see much of it anymore, but it seemed like a really peaceful region.

Kanto and Kalos I haven't seen enough of, sadly...

Years
  • Here's how I rank the regions:

1. Unova
    2. Kalos
    3. Sinnoh
    4. Hoenn
    5. Johto
    6. Kanto

I guess my preference for newer regions is blamed on me starting late when it came to the games, and while Hoenn was my first region I didn't like all those water routes it was full of. I love both Kalos and Unova the most but Unova scored higher due to having a bigger postgame of all its games combined compared to X/Y.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • This is based on the geography of the region itself, right?

1) Hoenn
    2) Unova
    3) Kalos
    4) Johto
    5) Kanto
    6) Sinnoh

- Hoenn's got a ton of variety in its terrain, and has some very interesting cities and towns such as Fortree and Pacifidlog.

- Sinnoh was way too labyrinthine for my tastes, Mt. Coronet was impossible to navigate, and the cities housing the last three gyms felt somewhat...disjointed from the rest of the region.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    1. Hoenn
    2. Kalos
    3. Kanto
    4. Johto
    5. Sinnoh
    6. Unova

Hoenn is literally a blast. I love the style change in Pokemon, the design, the music, everything about this region is perfect. Unova blows to me. Nothing can save it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Now that I played the 6th gen long enough, it's becoming my favorite region.

For me:
    01 - Kalos - so far my newest favorite area, so much to see and explore
    02 - Unova - mainly for B2/W2, lots of interesting places to explore
    03 - Sinnoh - had fun exploring region.
    04 - Kanto - the original region, it's OK but not my favorite of regions
    05 - Johto - still not too use to the region, have not finished my SoulSilver team
    06 - Hoenn - too much long water route, got lost so many times that it became very boring

I still remember in Hoenn trying to find the entrance to Sootopolis City over 3 months and never found it (played it on an emulator), even using Bulbapedia I never found the entrance (eventually I had to cheat to get there)

Years
  • Mine would have to be:
    1. Unova/V
    2. Kalos/VI
    3. Kanto/I
    4. Sinnoh/IV - Actually I juggle between this and Kanto for 3 and 4.
    5. Hoenn/III
    6. Johto/II

Unova is #1 for me mostly for the adventures in both games and how dynamic they are, along with the Pokémon introduced.

Back