• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your living arrangements

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I live with my brother and a roommate. We live in a townhouse that's owned by my parents, so my brother and I don't pay rent. The roommate rents his room from my parents.

He's one of my brother's friends and he's... honestly really annoying. We have a lot of shared interests and he thinks that means we have the potential to be really close friends or something but almost everything he does rubs me the wrong way. I don't wanna be rude, though, especially since he's gonna be here until April at the earliest, but man I wish he'd leave me alone sometimes hahaha. He's a total extrovert and I'm a total introvert so he keeps thinking my being alone a lot and chatting online with people means I'm lonely so he'll come and stand in my doorway chatting for upwards of an hour (and isn't actually good at conversation). He does not understand conversation ending hints (or outright "okay, you should go because I have a lot of homework to finish up") and tends to say really mean things by accident ("oh, I guess you have no friends because they all moved away..." um. ok thanks?). If he wasn't grating on my nerves almost every second he's around me, his cluelessness would be almost endearing but as it is I'm just kind of counting down the days until he's gone. He has bad opinions when it comes to Kingdom Hearts, too. :'( Today he came and did laundry for two hours before it was even 8am. (He gets a hesitant pass this time, because I think he was trying to do it quickly before his train left this afternoon but still. Couldn't he have come home earlier last night and done it... not at 7am when my room is right next to the laundry room??)

My brother's a great roommate though. We're pretty good friends and we get along really well. I just wish he were here more often, since he tends to leave before I wake up in the morning (or vice versa) and then comes home well after I've gone to bed. :s I only see him occasionally on weekends...

I used to live with my two best friends, one of them I met here on PC, but they moved to a different school. :'( I didn't quite realize how great I had it until they were gone and I got annoying roommate as a replacement.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I've lived by myself in one-bedroom apartments for the last 6 years. First one was right after being shuffled around college housing and roommate-having for a year which drove me to leave and get my own place. I grew to hate that complex over the years and once I was done with college and got a job I figured I had the time and means to pick somewhere better for the remainder of my time here in Georgia, which I did a year-ish ago. I made a good choice, this place being actually quiet and also near my office so the commute is a breeze. Since then my intent has been saving up so I can move out to Oregon next May and rent a house instead because I am just sick of apartments in general, even though this one is nice. I like to live rather privately and want more space to have things like a garage and a dedicated studio/workshop and home office, not to mention a yard to chillax in.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    I moved away on my own a few summers ago and I have been living with a friend of mine in a large two-bedroom condo. I like it very much. ^_^

pkmin3033

I live at home with my parents and my little brother, and probably will continue to do so until I've recovered my health and found myself a stable full-time job. So, probably for at least another year yet, likely longer than that. I expect my brother will move out before I do - he's autistic and has trouble communicating, and my parents have been looking into a College for him recently, which he'd stay at over the week before coming home at the weekend, so he can learn to look after himself.

I pay a little each week for my keep, which keeps things...relatively calm. I wasn't getting any money in terms of wages or employment support allowance for a few months earlier this year, and things got very...heated because of it, between me and my mother, who for quite a long time believed that I was using my illness as an excuse not to work. We're a bit of a dysfunctional family, but we have a home life that works for us, and I'm fairly secure in my accommodation for now at least.

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
    I currently live with the parentals (mom and step-dad) and my little sister.

I know I'm gonna miss this place but I really just want to hurry up and graduate so I can be independent.

Years
    I currently live in a college dorm with one roommate. He's alright, can be annoying at times. Way better than my old roommate though, so I can't really complain. When school is out, I live with my parents and brother. Not sure when I'll have my own place, but I enjoy living with my parents and brother so I am not in any rush.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2016
    My parents moved out when I was 17, and I have been living alone ever since. It was difficult in the beginning, but I slowly learned how to cook, how to buy groceries, how to get up in the morning, how to do laundry and much more.

I actually suffer from mild anxiety and depression, and I am incredibly scared of doing anything I haven't done a billion times before. Even just riding the bus was scary for me back then. Being forced to get my **** together really helped me getting comfortable with living alone and doing everything myself.

Nakala Pri

I live with my mother, brother and sister. :D I have four pets, two goldfish and a guinea pig and a rabbit. I don't think I'll be moving out until I'm about... twenty five. xD I hope I don't drive my mum crazy until then, haha.

I'm planning to move in with a friend once I get on my feet. :P

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    My living arrangements have changed in the past month. I moved out of my parents house, and I'm now living with the person that I was previously living with at my parents house. So I live in my own house with a roommate, who is also my best friend.

It's pretty relaxed and what not. The only downside is having to pay a lot more rent than I previously did. :(

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I'm living with my dad until the end of the year, then I'll be moving in with my grandma instead of my friend like I was supposed to because I don't make enough money to afford a room with him apparently and my dad filed for bankruptcy.

Back