• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Metronome Wonders.... or Fails !

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    lol, when my Mr.Mime used metronome, he used sheer cold and it didn't miss! Go Mr. Mime! Then after that, it started to use moves like tackle and fury cutter, which really mpissed me off.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    One more thing...
    Whan we didnn't know about Shayimin , Darkrai , Arceus and others , what if our Pokemon used Metronome.... then they'd use Judgement/Seed Flare/ Dark Void ?
    Wouldn't Nintendo think about it ? We uncharted those 3 Pokemon however but....

TheNameLess

Unknown Trainer
    Years
    In crystal with my togepi I did metronome and there was a wing flying through the opponent or something, I didn't see it as anything special and didn't really remember the name.

Funny thing is though, that I after that never saw it again.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Wing Attack? lol

I got Drill Peck fighting Lance...

-TheZeide

Harumi-chan

L o v e . M e . H a t e . M e
    Years
    I know one time my friend wanted to fight just using Metronome on wild pokemon, just for fun and stuff

So her Clefairy used Metronome, it used Fling, guess what it Flung?
    Its Lucky Egg rofl

Good thing she saved before :B

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I remember back in the day of Pokemon Gold/Silver, when I was fighting the Kimono sisters with my level 9 Togepi, I was up to Espeon, and Togepi decided to use Transform...
    Somehow, I was able to win.

Another time in Diamond/Pearl, I was up to the Galactic double battle with Dawn, and her Clefairy decided to use Perish Song...
    Kinda fail, because it killed mah Pokemon (forgot to switch), but win because I got to see her other Pokemon.

ReiXMinako

緑な美奈子
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    I was playing Stadium 2 recently...

Clefable was up against Bruno's Steelix and decided to use Conversion 2 to become the Ice type, which allowed Steelix to OHKO it with Iron Tail. Epic Fail :( hahaha

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I've actually gotten every OHKO move when leveling my Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    ^Playing Platinum the other day, Dawn's Clefairy used Roar of Time.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
    In platinum. My Togepi used Metronome and got Splash against a wild and fainted. So I went to a Center and then back to the same spot where I found a Clefairy. Both of us used Metronome.

I got Splash... Again...
    It got Explosion -.-'

Lucariotoes

Ah-woo.
    Years
    Oh, man, I'll never forget what happened to me once. I used Metronome, I think with my Kadabra on Diamond once, and I thought to myself something like, "Please don't be something like Explosion".

Guess what.

"(My Kadabra's Nickname; forgot it) used Explosion!"

PWNED.

Funniest thing ever is Snorlax using fly in Pokemon Stadium. Good times.
    That also reminds me; one time a Persian in Pokemon Stadium used Fly for me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2009
    I was battling whitney in soul silver and her clefairy used metronome and it used roar of time. As for me I havnt had such luck.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    it was my lapras vs blissey in my diamond version, what are the odds of it using metronome and close combat comes from it

that put me in a bad mood for that entire day

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I was training my Togepi today and it used Spacial Rend, Lunar Dance and Doom Desire. Lunar Dance counts as a fail because it fainted the Pokemon I was trying to max out happiness on. :cer_pissed:

Years
    Why do you all think getting Roar of Time is great, since most Metronome users are normal (Togepi and Clefairy are most common), it's most of the time just a weaker Hyper Beam (since it's non-STABed), which means, you lose a turn. Not very favorable imo...

Back