• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Mobile Phone History

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
First: Nokia 5110
Favourite: Sony Ericsson K550i
How many have you lost: From memory, 1
How many times have you upgraded: I'd guess at least 10-12 times over 10-12 years LOL
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy s4
Current ringtone: All Saints - Never Ever
Can you name all the phones you've had? No chance!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I got my first cellphone in grade 5, I think it was a Siemens C65, blue.

Then, when my dad got a new phone, he gave me his Nokia 6300, and this was in grade 8, I believe.

I got my first smartphone in grade 10, it was a white BlackBerry Torch and a Christmas gift from my brother.

And then the year I graduated, my brother got me a new phone again for my birthday, which I still use now, and it's a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Those are all the phones I've had, I think I've gone through considerably fewer phones than most people do. I don't like replacing them until they're absolutely worn our and certain parts of it stop functioning. I've never lost a phone or upgraded, aand my current ringtone is the chittering/growling sound Perry the Platypus makes in Phineas and Ferb.

Years
First started with a slider phone from Samsung; not sure about the model though. That one was rarely used because it was on a prepaid plan, which I wasn't very fond of. It wasn't until university that I went to the iPhone 4 then that unexpectedly stopped working for some reason so I decided to give the BlackBerry Z10 a chance. Had that one for 6 months before switching to iPhone 5s. And then had that one for another 6 months before settling on the OnePlus One last month.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
Years
My first phone I got at age 14: LG CG225
It was a black flip-phone.

Then I got a lime green Samsung Propel at 16.
It broke during a huge storm that spawned a tornado that came close. It got wet while I was seeking shelter.

The next one was a Samsung Blackjack. Nifty little thing.

At 18, I got a bright pink Pantech Impact. It was pretty cute.

At 20, the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket. It was a good phone.

And now, at 22, a black Nokia Lumia 1520. My favorite phone so far.

Years
My first phone was just a basic feature phone I got when I was in 6th grade. Then two years later I owned a Razr phone. The Razr I had for 5 years because I never really even used my cell phone that much, unless it was an emergency. However I have a Nokia Lumia 520 today, and it's like one of the most affordable smartphones to own unlocked :D it's also a phone I'd definitely recommend if you don't plan on using it for major tasks such as mobile gaming too!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Let's take a trip to Megan's memory lane.

First phone: This beauty of a nokia phone.. I only had this mofo for like...three days. Then it got stolen when I took it to school. Got grounded for a month when my parents found out. lol

Second Phone: Forgot the make/model of it but it was a phone similar to this one. Because I was separated from my parents in Mexico, and living with my grandmother at the time, I had to have a phone with me :P This one lasted throughout the rest of my high school career.

Third Phone: Motorola RAZR. I became 20% cooler with this phone. It got me AIM, MSN, and Java apps. My first boyfriend blew up that thing every day, and he also broke the front glass after playing with it. I still have it, actually.

Fourth Phone: Motorola Clutch Boost Mobile was pretty common, and it had the $50 unlimited everything. So I went for it, and so did my parents. I really liked the push-to-talk feature. However, after finding out that the PTT network was being shut down by 2013 or so, I refused to continue with that phone, especially since I was heading off to San Diego in the near future.

Fifth Phone: T-Mobile G1. My first Android phone! I bought it used, so it didn't last long. :(

Sixth Phone: Samsung Gravity T. I bought it for the texting, I texted more people than calling, and the keyboard was really comfortable. I did miss the android though, so I had to deal with the crappy GUI.

Seventh Phone: Samsung Infuse 4G. I went through a crapload with this phone. Two years to be exact. AT&T couldn't push the Gingerbread upgrade so after a year of using that phone, most apps became incompatible, so it became mostly USELESS. It survived numerous concrete falls, a water mishap, and various butt-smashes. It was a durable phone, but the specs sucked.

Current Phone: iPhone 4S. This was my birthday present last year, replacing the Infuse after two years. It became a HUGE upgrade for me, and I couldn't be happier. I'm 6-7 months with it. I don't think I'll go back to Android. iMessage is AMAZING, and iOS7 is freaking eye candy.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Him/Them
  • «UK»
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
I think I've been pretty good with my phones, I've managed to go through nine years with only five phones. Most of them were upgraded because I got bored of them/the battery was dying so I'm pretty proud of that.

I got my first for my 11th birthday way back in 2005 because I was going to secondary school in september and would need some way to communicate with my mum if something happened on the way home. I don't remember what make/model it was, but it looked something like this. It wasn't much, I wastedt half my first load of credit on a game that didn't work and I couldn't text on it for some reason but it was my baby <3

My second phone I got for my 14th birthday, one I actually picked out myself this time! It was my beautiful LG Viewty, which made me king of my year groups nerds until one girls mum bought her the first iPhone ): I still have it somewhere, it was amazing and I could play Pokemon games on it and it could even multitask which was an amazing thing back in the day.

When I moved up to college when I was 16 I got my first ever smartphone. I got it from Orange for christmas and it came with a crap load of extra stuff, including a pretty decent watch and different coloured battery covers, and it was none other than my Motorola Flipout. The only reason I ever retired this sexy beast was because the battery just wasn't hacking it anymore. It lasted me about a year and a half and the battery just couldn't hold out more than six hours at a time which just wasn't practical. It still acts as a good fidget toy though when I'm concentrating on something!

My fourth phone was still an android phone and it had lasted me up until later April this year. I had gotten too use to my Flipouts keyboard so I spent a good long while looking for another phone like it and the only thing I could find was the Samsung Sidekick 4G. It's an American phone, so the 4G feature doesn't actually work but it still served its purpose.
It's still serving its purpose now actually since my boyfriends iPhone died it's been passed down to him once my new baby arrived in the post.

My current phone I only really upgraded to because I was teaching app invention to my students and there was no way I was waiting ten minutes to show the demonstration because of a slow phone. So I decided to budget a little bit and buy an LG Goolge Nexus 5. Since my last phone never got an update past Android 2.2 I wanted a phone that I knew would get upgraded consistently for as long as I would use the phone, and what better to get than the phone that was created by the same people who create the operating system!
Overall I can see myself using this phone for a good long while, I've already flashed on a Cyanogenmod ROM because I got bored of the old Android operating system so I doubt the operating system remaining the same will be an issue, and although the battery life is sporadic I plan on getting a emergency charger case anyway so i really can't see why I would want to leave this baby for a good long while <3

Last edited:

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
I've go through a lot of phones. I only remember the order of my smartphones.

My first smartphone was a blue Blackberry 8130 I got in 2009. I liked it a lot, but It was slow. About a week after the Droid lineup was released on Verizon in 2010, I upgraded to an HTC Droid Eris, my first Android phone. I liked Android a lot, not to mention the touch screen was awesome. I figured out how to install custom ROMs on it and it kept me from getting bored of it. I kept the Eris for a year and a half before I jumped Ship and went to Sprint where I got a Samsung Nexus S 4G. The first curved smartphone. My first Samsung smartphone. I was liking the brand a lot at this time.

When I moved to Kansas City (the world HQ of Sprint) my service sucked, so I jumped back to Verizon on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE. I hated this phone, and Verizon, and Samsung. I never wanted another Samsung phone, but I was locked into Verizon with a contract and their service was better.

After two years of putting up with a phone that barely lasted 8 hours on stand by, it was time for an upgrade. I had a bad taste in my mouth from the Galaxy Nexus in terms of Samsung and the Verizon Android OTA upgrade processes. I wanted off of Android. I have never been a fan of iOS, so that only left Windows Phone OS. After doing a careful amount of research to make sure I could survive on the OS, I got a Nokia Lumia 928 Never been happier with a smart phone. Windows Phone OS is awesome, but it needs more love.

After a year with my Lumia, I had had enough of Verizon charging too much. I switched to T-Mobile and a Lumia 925

Shortly after I moved to T-Mobile, I purchased a new car. A 2014 Kia Forte, with Uvo Infotainment Center (fancy name for the raido). The car uses an app on your smartphone for an internet connection and can email you maintenance reminders, plus other cool features like being able to schedule appointments with the dealership for maintenance. This cool 'Infotainment' center was designed by Microsoft, however there is only support for Android and iOS devices.

This made me quite upset, I wanted to be able to use the features of my car, but at the same time I wanted to keep my beloved Lumia. Eventually after much deliberation I decided that the added safety feature of having the app (the car will automatically dial 911 in the event of an accident) was worth getting a new phone over. I didn't want to go back to Android after my Samsung experience, but I also wasn't a fan of Apple.

I hated Apple less than Samsung, so I decided that I would give an iPhone a try. I got an iPhone 5C, and honestly. It's not bad. I really like iMessage, but I miss my Lumia.

Other phones that I have had (in no order, because I don't remember the order)

Nokia 6101
Nokia 5110
Motorola Razor
Motorola KRAZR K1

There are others, but I don't remember their model numbers.

Years
In order and how long I got them:

August 2004 - November 2004: Siemens C60
November 2004 - April 2005: Sony Ericsson t68i
April 2005 - May 2006: Nokia 3510i with 6310 (when 3510 was broken, 6310 was a replacement)
May 2006 - June 2008: Sony Ericsson K300i
June 2008 - December 2008 and February 2009 - September 2009: Nokia E50
December 2008 - February 2009: Sony Ericsson C702
September 2009 - August 2011: Nokia E51
August 2011 - August 2012 and March 2013 - December 2013: Samsung Galaxy Ace
August 2012 - March 2013: Samsung Solid
December 2013 - Today: Samsung Galaxy Xcover.

I had lots of phones, and every single one of them besides first was from my dad, last one was bought from him, rest were a gift. Solid and Xcover make great phones for working under construction.

And right now my ringtone is: The Strokes - 12:51

Years
I had a Trackfone back in 7th grade then got "upgraded" to a WalMart flip phone. I dropped it so many times that about a year later, I messed up my battery and my system to the point it was saying FFFFFFFFFF all over the scream. I think it was cursing me out.

So naturally, I got the exact same phone since it was the only phone to fit in my pocket! Another year passed and I finally upgraded again to an LG Cosmos. I like the keyboard, but it doesn't fit in my pocket as well. And this time, I got smart and bought a rubber case.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Oh god this is gonna be the biggest SE list posted.
First phone: A W710. Cool as ♥♥♥♥ flip phone with physical keys, an led dot matrix screen in the otside. Hard to believe it was 7 years ago.

Then in order: a w760, a w610, a w I forgot, the Elm, in tandem a w995 and then the live with walkman. Currently using an xperia mini in tandem with a Huawei honor 3C. Favorite has to be the 995 the epitome of dumb phones. Huge screen, crazy sound quality and a design thay can't be reproduced.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
My phone history:
First ever phone was a classic Nokia. Can't remember the model, but it was "huge". Ads of it were everywhere and it functioned well.

Upgraded to a Nokia 6680 after it. Well, I don't think it's a upgrade actually. The phone had terrible battery life compared the old model and crashes occasionally. In fact I still remember the model number due to the terrible experience I had with it and the repair services (Nokia customer care was terrible and arrogant).

Changed to a Sony Ericsson K800i. It was one of the best phones I've ever used. It was small, easy to use and had a fantastic camera. Then came the SE C902. This one was rather bad, sadly. The cameras trap an insane amount of dust, and the camera was quite a disappointment.

That was when I bought my first smartphone, the iPhone 4. It was AMAZING. The screen, the camera, the features, the apps... Almost everything about it was perfect. Apple also provided terrific customer care. I didn't face any issues of "antennagate" though, but they still gave me a free case, which is a nice gesture. It was definitely the most expensive phone I've bought out of all purchased previously, but this jump was so worth it.

Upgraded to the iPhone 4s. Due to work requirements, I also bought a Galaxy Note 2. Sadly, the Note gave me many frustrating problems such as a problematic S Pen and a broken charger after 2 weeks of normal use. Samsung customer care was HORRID. They refused to fix these problems without charging me, insisting that it was my own fault. I paid for such repairs. The SIM slot of the Note 2 is now faulty. Terribly disappointed.

Currently I'm using an iPhone 5s for personal stuff and LG G2 for work needs. This combination is perfect. The great thing is I won't need an Android phone for work anymore, so I can choose to not use it. I am perfectly fine with the Android system, but I feel much more comfortable with Apple and their offerings.

Years
Around 16 or 17 or something like that (I don't remember), my first phone was some AT&T brand, one of those flip lid ones (not sure what they're called, it's been a long time). It didn't do much in the way of entertainment or internet, but it worked.

Then at 18 I got my first iPhone. At 20, I got the 3, and 22 two years ago I got the 5S, and it's done me quite well. When I got the 3 I was disappointed after Siri was put on the 4s and I was one of the few without that. This one was basically my birthday present.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
1st Phone (Dec 2007- Dec 2008). Nokia 1100. It was literally just a basic phone with a monochrome screen and a few basic games. I barley used it, mainly due to it's lack of functionality and how young I was. I eventually lost it.

2nd Phone (Dec 2008 - Feb 2009). Nokia 2760. It's basically the same as the above phone with a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ camera and a cool flip design. I liked it a lot but it's lack of expandable storage broke it for me.

3rd Phone (Feb 2009 - Feb 2010) Samsung G600. It was a lot better than the past two phones. It had a compact flip design and a great 5 MP camera. Storage was still a big issues; I could only get 2GB of storage on it.

4th Phone (Feb 2010 - Aug 2011) Nokia N73. I remember it's camera was a good as the G600 despite it having a lower resolution. It ran Symbian and ran slow as ♥♥♥♥. Oh, and it still didn't have support for more than 2GB of storage. The snake game on it was great though.

5th Phone (Aug 2011 - July 2013) Samsung Galaxy Europa i5500. A tiny android 2.1 phone with a small screen and a crappy 2MP camera. It was awesome though and I spent countless hours messing with different home launchers and apps. Plus, I had up to 16GB of storage on it. I eventually managed to get android 2.3.7 on it via a port of Cyanogenmod, which ran even better. I even used a android 4.1 ROM on it although it lagged horribly. It only had a 600MHz processor and 186MB of ram but it did fine for me for quite some time.

6th Phone (July 2013 and beyond) Huawei Ascend Y300. My current phone is still quite basic as android phones go, but it fits me perfectly. It has a decent camera, 1GHz dual core processor, 512MB ram, 32GB SD card, plays MP3's well via Poweramp and runs a form of android 4.4 known as CarbonROM (custom rom) well. It runs emulators fairly well and my only really issue it the rather low battery life.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 23, 2017
i went through two sony ericsonss during high school.

then i had a pink lg chocolate. then two verizon fliphones.

my first smartphone was a samsung galaxy exhibit 4g. second was lg optimus l9. currently have moto g. definitely the best experience is with my current phone. smooth, fast, reliable, and it's on stock android so there's no 'bloatware'

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
2005-2007: I don't exactly remember what my first phone was. Just that it was a Sony Ericsson Z500 series. I do remember liking it a lot at the time though.
2007-2009: Motorola Razor. This thing was meh when I look back at it.
2009-2011: Grey area from feature phone to smartphone, had a slide out keyboard and a decent interface with a sluggish OS.
2011-2013: iPhone 3GS (swapped a month later for an HTC Inspire). The HTC was probably one of my favorites...I probably put too many apps on it though.
2013-2014: Samsung Galaxy Express: BAD. The Wi-Fi hardware only worked when it wanted to, and it devoured the battery.
2014-now: Nokia Lumia 520. I love this thing. I don't think I'll ever go back to Android again unless I am obligated to. WP8 just seems so practical and light on the device and just feels so well constructed.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
First: I think it was a Sanyo SCP4000? It looks kind of familiar but honestly, I got it in 2001 and never used it because it stayed at the bottom of my backpack "just in case", so I really don't trust my memory with this one.
Favourite: HTC Desire, my first smart phone. Or maybe my pink Samsung Slyde M540. Man, I was upset to give that up but not upset enough to say no to a smart phone.
How many have you lost: Only one
How many times have you upgraded: Only 5 times in 13 years. :P
Current Phone: HTC One
Current ringtone: Calling by Leah (from The World Ends With You)
Can you name all the phones you've had? lol, I couldn't even name the first one, for sure. (But I think the brands went Sanyo, Kyocera, LG, Samsung, HTC, HTC?)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2022
First: Nokia 3510
Favourite: Google/Samsung Nexus S
How many have you lost: I don't think I've lost any
How many times have you upgraded: Approximately a billion
Current Phone: Google/LG Nexus 5
Current ringtone: You know what... I haven't a clue
Can you name all the phones you've had?

Nokia 3510 -Upgraded from
Sony Ericsson K700i - Stolen
Sony Ericsson k750i - Broken
Sony Ericsson w900 - Broken
Nokia 6630 - Broken
Nokia 6288 - Broken
Nokia E71- Broken
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 - Sold it, was really bad
Nokia C6 - Still going, my Grandmother has it
Google/Samsung Nexus S - Fell off a balcony
Sony Ericson Xperia Play - Still going, my brother has it
Nokia Lumia 800 - Fell in a beer
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Dropped
Nokia Lumia 650 - eBay
Google/LG Nexus 5 - Thus far it hasn't fallen off a balcony or into a pint, so its right here

15 Phones in 11 years... OUCH!

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
Years
My very first phone is Nokia C1-01, i got it on my 10th birthday.
After that, i buy another Samsung Beam but it broke when i was about to download Youtube video. I use back my old nokia phone. Until now, i haven't bought any new phone..

Back