• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Your Moment in the GB games that you that you thought your game was broken.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Also the poison thing here.
    And the corrupt Hall of Fame data using Missingno. glitch

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Poison thing here as well. My poor Cindaquil got poisoned coming back to Cherrygrove after receiving the Pokemon Egg. My screen started flashing, and I actually called my Dad over. After he came over, the little textbox popped up that said, "CINDAQUIL fainted..." Then I said, "Oh... nevermind..."

I also didn't understand the concept of stairs inside buildings (this was only the second video game I played. My first was more of a 3D platform adventure game), and I spent five minutes or so going up and down the stairs in my house wondering, "Why does the screen keep changing and flashing when I go over to this tile?" Pfft.

Hohoo

SOMG!1
    Years
    When I played Gold the few first times, I tried to avoid Elm's lab because I thought you'd get stuck there forever because you just move up when you enter it. And then I didn't know how to save.

And after beating Chuck, I figured out that the radio tower was invaded. I cried because it was my favourite place.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    My Crystal was experiencing very strange glitches very often. Turns out the system I was using just had a loose...insert game thingie...whatsitcalled. But yeah any other system works perfectly on it. Thank God because I found a shiny and was worried about losing it.

The Red Chain

When I was training my Cyndaquil in Silver.. now that was weird.
    At random it got like.. 4 level jumps from one battle against a Ledyba. O_o;
    Then my game froze.. I swear I stared at the screen for a good 8 minutes.
    I was too afraid to restart it, I didn't want to get a blue screen of death or something.. D:

I finally willed myself to restart the game and everything was working normally.
    I never did get that weird glitch again.. but I wish my game hadn't frozen.
    I could've kept that awesome level hax. ]:

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    Getting poisoned was a horrible, horrible thing

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    Ugh, first time hearing some of the moves... Hypnosis was pretty bad. Haha.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2010
    I must agree with the above. The noises made me think "Noo! This can't be happening! I paid £10 for this and... Oh, it's fine."

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    Wondering why my pokemon sucked when I taught them bad moves.

And when my gold file got deleted and when you started a new game and saved it, it'd say its saved, but when you turn it off and turn it back on, it had been deleted. Then my friend tried it on his GBA and it saved fine. Which meant it was my GBA not working, but every other game worked fine on it... so I don't understand to this day.

The poison thing didn't confuse me much. Some how through out silver, gold and fire red, I never noticed the screen thing until half way through sapphire. I was like "What? weird..." and then I figured it out

Back