• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your most active aspect of Pocket Monsters

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • So, I pose this question to you, Pokemon fans - which aspect of Pokemon are you most active with? Do you prefer the Pokemon anime? Or maybe you like to read the manga? Or you like to engage yourself in the ever-popular video games? Or, you just keep up with everything as you are a huge Poke-nerd.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Nowadays it's only the games, and really only the primary ones (no spin-offs).
    I used to really be into the TCG, anime, and a few of the spin-offs when I was younger, like, I remember wanting the Pikachu-styled Nintendo 64 when Hey You! Pikachu came out, and how I used to play Pokémon Snap for hours just so I could see the Gyarados jump out of the whirlpool.

I don't watch the anime anymore though, I never got into the manga, and all of my Pokémon cards are somewhere in storage so I don't do much with those, either.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I used to be into the TCG in a big way, but that fell away when I was around 15, and now I only play the video games. I've tried a few of the spin-off games and disliked them all (apart from Pokémon Trozei! ...I can play that for HOURS.) so like Shookie I'm sticking with the primaries. I do collect bits of merchandise from time to time if they're relevant to my interests. Unfortunately 100% of my funds at the moment are dedicated to certain awesome robots from outer-space...

Last edited:

Blaze The Hedgehog

The Flaming Wolf!
    Years
  • I don't know anybody who wasn't into the games when I was at the wee age of 10 xD

I want to get into the TCG, but I don't know anywhere in the United Kingdom where people actually used them for gameplay.. To me and several people, they were just collectables. I only remember some event where we traded some cards and got free booster packs. I traded my Golem for a knock-off Farfetch'D. I was too naive back then..

I guess I just grew out of the anime. Sometimes I can get away with watching it when my Sister does.

Years
  • Video Games: Definitely my most active aspect. This is what the franchise is truly about, they're the core of the whole Pokemon series.

Anime:
    Once BF started I found it hard to keep up (Anyone remember the new episodes every day?) Once DP started I pretty much just stopped watching. Right now I'm watching the current Japanese episodes, just until the league's over and Isshu has begun.

TCG:
    Played it as a kid with some friends. 2 years ago me and said friends decided to be a bit more serious about it, so we went to an actual TCG event. We were flattened, rolled up, and tossed aside; as Gabby and Ty would put it. Never went to another one again! :D

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • I watch the anime a lot, sadly. Guilty pleasure, but I really just love Team Rocket... I play the games a ton too, but I don't own every one of them, really only one game from each generation, and no side games. I was never really into the TCG, even as a kid, and I remember reading the first volume of the Electric Tale of Pikachu when I was a kid, but that's it for the manga. xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Really I think I'd have to say the fandom. I adore the games and play them regularly, but... A day rarely goes by in which I don't go online and talk to other fans about Pokemon. I browse forums, read articles, draw fanart... I spend more time just discussing Pokemon and generally being a fantard than I do actually playing the games.

As far as like. Actual material aspects of Pokemon go, it's the games. I read the manga and loved it, but I don't like. Re-read it or anxiously await new chapters or fangirl it obsessively. And as for the anime I only watch the movies online and laugh at them. Never really got into the TCG; I used to collect Pokemon cards when I was little and now they've all been lost / sold / given away. ... Whereas I carry my DS and a Pokemon game or five in my purse normally.

Wentworth

ウェントワース
    Years
  • I'm going to have to go with the games. I can remember almost every part of FireRed, and a decent part of Emerald/R/S. Sure I used to collect the cards and enjoyed it somewhat, but I never really like, used them for anything and all they did was collect dust. And come to think of it, I think the games inspired me to start collecting them.

Recently I've fallen out of playing the games, but a run of Red Rescue Team is drawing me back in, and I hope to pick up a copy of SS soon to keep me busy.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I'd like to see the manga sometime, but it's not that big a deal to me.

I only watched the first gen anime when I was a little kid. Even then, it was just the odd scattered episode because it was always on when my mum wanted to watch the TV or when I was at school. Since then, I've not been interested.

Even the games I didn't play much. I had them all up to Crystal. Then in generation 3 I was missing Ruby and Leaf Green. In generation 4 I have Pearl. Basically I've stopped buying pokemon games because it has become an unnecessary waste. I'm happy with what I have. I still play them sometimes. I'm currently on Red, Yellow, Fire Red, Emerald and Pearl.

When it comes to the fandom I'm not much into it. I read a few fanfictions sometimes but don't really have any feedback for them (better say nothing than spam with "that's cool"). I am writing one too. And I also like to play hacks sometimes. I am having a go at hacking but it's not likely I'll release any of my hacks for the public.

So, I'm not much into the storyline side of pokemon. More just games and gameplay. Or fan-made stories (which I usually find better than the anime, don't know about the manga because I never read it).

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • I can't watch the animé because I don't have Austar anymore. Man I miss it >,<;

So, it would be the video games: Soul Silver. I'm concentrating on breeding all the good Pokémon in my box ;D

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'm all about the main games now. I started out being into the anime, TCG, and games, and later when I lost interest in the TCG and anime I gained some more interest in Pokemon Special, but I eventually just slowly lost touch with them. Oh well.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Manga and games. Not necessarily in that order, as it kinda goes up and down when it comes to this.
    I only play the main series of the games, as a matter of fact, but on the other hand, I don't really read the manga every day >_>

The anime can go kiss my a-

joshk_bra

EV trains like a boss.
    Years
  • im only digging the games nowadays. But when i get bored i watch an episode or 2 of the new shinnoh episodes

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • If chilling in the fandom (specifically, PC) doesn't count, then by far my most active aspect of the series is collecting the toys and merchandise. n_n;; Rarely does a month go by when I don't add at least one item (usually more) to my collection.

After that, I guess it's the games. I only watch the movies these days (or play drinking games with the original anime episodes) and the games... well, I usually play them when they come out and set them aside once I've beaten them. :s The only reason I pick them up now is to transfer Pokémon on/off my pokéwalker (HG) or to breed more Cherubi for no reason (Diamond). @_@ And every few years I pick up a TCG deck to play with friends--but I filled my quota for the next long while at the beginning of June. XD

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Pretty much only the video games. I keep up with the anime to some extent, though I rarely watch it (except for the movies, I do watch those as soon as I can.)

Apart from that, the TGC and manga don't really interest me enough.

Years
  • I'm with Lightning and iLike2EatPiez... I find the idea of pokemon much more interesting than the actual games themselves. Don't get me wrong... I've put in over 230 hours between Diamond and SoulSilver alone, but I wish they were a bit faster and action packed. I feel like I've gotten maybe 100 hours worth of actual gameplay out of those 230.

Don't even get me started on the anime...

The fandom though... I've spent a lot of time hanging out here at PC. I like dreaming up ideas for new types, new evolutions, and just chatting.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Gaming: I like to play the games, both competitively and casually. I really don't mind starting new games and what not. Probably my most active aspect of Pokemon by a close call.

TCG: I still get new cards for Christmas and birthdays, and my friend and I have heated battles and help eachother build decks, etc., but I don't play it as often as the video games.

Manga: I got into it, then I got out of it. I just don't have the time for it, really. :P

Anime: Same story as Manga, except I fell out of it because I simply couldn't stand it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    I play the video games a lot more than watching the anime, playing the TCG, or reading the manga. I'm always trying to train my team for the Elite Four. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2022
    Video games, TCG, anime and internet.

I enjoy playing the games, both main series and spin-offs, and I play them almost daily.

I would play the TCG more often than I do, but I don't have a league or friends playing it nearby, so I have to take a train when I want to play it. I also go to the tournaments as often as I can.

I also watch the anime when I have time to do so. There is a channel running the first season. I like the nostalgic feeling which I get from it, but I actually think that the first season isn't very good. Here in Finland we have an internet page where we can watch the Battle Dimension season for free. I think that the Battle Dimension episodes are much better than the Indigo League ones, but that's only my opinion...

And almost every time when I'm surfing on the internet I visit many pages related to Pokémon. I read news about upcoming games, TCG sets etc., watch videos on YouTube related to Pokémon, read Pokémon forums and so on.

So it seems like I'm quite active with many aspects of Pokémon. As you may have noticed, I don't read the manga. That's because they don't publish it in Finnish, and it would be too expensive to buy it in English.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • Since a couple months now I've been re-watching the whole anime(Currently on ep.374)
    I play Platinum as well and battle/trade on wi-fi(I'm on an elite team).

Back