• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your most awesome moment

Years
  • Whether by skill or just dumb luck we all have had moments in these games that make us stop and go "Did I do that o.O". As an added bonus they sometimes come with bragging rights. I have been wondering what these moments were for all of you guys.

For me it was in Leaf Green against Zapdos. I had used up all of my ultra balls and great balls (had already used my master ball), Zapdos had 1hp left and I only had a pokeball left. I used it and nearly had a heart attack when I actually managed to catch it. I actually woke my friend up to tell him haha.

Blues-Music

Pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    Beating the elite four.
    You can finally call yourself a pokemon master.The very best like no one ever was.
    Just look at it.Nothing more rewarding than fullfilling your childhood dream.Best thing is you can do it over , and over , and over.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2014
    The first time I beat the Elite Four in Silver. I was told it was pretty challenging and I was a couple levels lower than Lance's pokemon but I pulled it off. I jumped so high I nearly hit the roof that day.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm saying the first time I beat the Elite 4 in Sapphire. Even though I was still a newb back then, I still managed to beat them. An honorable mention went to beating Palmer on the 49th battle with a team of Scizor/Gyarados/Electivire; I considered that an achievement because of all the hax I went through to reach that point.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
    Years
  • Somehow catching Kyurem with a Great Ball in Black.

Also, there was this moment in Platinum after I beat the last E4 member, Lucian I think or maybe it was Will, idk, and I had OHKO'd most of her poke's and I was just like, I'm so powerful! Lol I was a n00b then though.

Pinta77

I also caught zapdos with a pokeball. That was pretty amazing, but I dont have it anymore.

I'm gonna have to say that beating mount battle and getting ho-oh was my finest moment in pokemon, just because at the time i never thought id be able to do it :)

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
    Years
  • When I caught Giratina in Pokemon Platinum with 13 Pokeballs (And no, I didn't cheat)... on May 13th last year.
    It was awesome, yet creepy at the same time :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    When I was about 10-11 years old I hand-levelled a Ho-Oh to level 100 (no rare candies). I easily took down Red in the final battle (which was epic of course) and felt quite proud of myself at the time. Looking back, I'd rather level a more unique or underused Pokemon like Hypno but I don't have the time to level that much anymore. Ah well lol.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Beating the Elite Four in Sapphire. Cliche, I know, but seriously, I was only using a Sceptile and I never really thought I could do it. (as a kid I thought you should only really use your starter) When I did though, I was so happy I did a little dance, lmao. Same with the capture of Rayquaza, but I don't really think that counts because there's no skill involved with throwing (literally) a hundred Ultra Balls at it.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
    Years
  • Running into Mespirit in Platinum and having my HM Slave out front. Just as a joke, I threw a Pokeball at it when it was at full health :P. By insane luck, it was caught. I still remember doing a little victory dance around the room xD.

Years
  • Managing to catch Mewtwo in Fire Red with a Poke Ball. At full health on the first turn. I was so shocked, surprised and even disgusted that it didn't even put up a fight that I released it. Looking back, that was awfully stupid of me, because now I have no proof of a Mewtwo in a Poke Ball. Sure, no one might have believed how I caught it, but I could have at least shown I did do it.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • Mine was definitely beating Cynthia the first time in DP. Basically, I was down to my last Pokemon (Empoleon) and she was down to just her Milotic. I had been lowering it down with Drill Peck (the only move that did anything, as well as being the only move with PP left).Pretty soon all the PP that had been left had vanished. But with 1PP left it got a crit and won for me. I was so happy :D

Infernova

Simple Philosopher
    Years
  • Mine had to be when I first beat cynthia in Diamond. That's always going to be a sentimental moment. That was the first time my Infernape and I beat a champion. At that moment, it was like all the battles and training I had with that little chimchar were being played out again in my head. I guess I'm just a really sentimental person. And then I transfered my Infernape to SS and I dominated. It felt awesome.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2012
    hmmm one of the best moments is getting Kygore with second Ultra ball in Heartgold, cuz he regain health every time..

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
    Years
  • When I was playing Crystal and all my pokemons were level 20-25 and I encountered entei for the first time and for giggles I threw a pokeball at it and I caught it.

Years
  • I remember back in February while playing Black I took my False Swipe slave Zangoose with me to Twist Mountain. It was currently summer on my game.

I then dreamt I would see a Cryogonal cos I desperately wanted to catch one, guess what the first wild Pokemon was I found there that day? A Cryogonal. I went "OH MY GOSH! I FOUND ONE, AND IT'S NOT EVEN WINTER!".

It took me 8 Dusk Balls to catch the darn thing but I'm proud I finally caught one cos I know they are super-rare.

.Scream

Professor
    Years
  • Smashing a full team of legendary Pokemon online with a Sturdy level 1 Aron with Endeavor and Shellbell.

Back