• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Your Most Favorite and Memorable Cities/Towns in R/B/Y and G/S/C?

Vasquez

Hacker and LPer
Years
  • In R/B/Y, my favorite city was Lavender Town (Idk... The music is just so calming and the inactivity of the city fits it really well)

In G/S/C, my favorite city was (Like most) Goldenrod, almost the polar opposite of Lavender Town, the city was always bustling and there was always something to do.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    goldenrod, lol even the name is memorable.

I also appreciate cianwood city

Years
  • in RBY id have to say Celedon because it as the first big city and it had optional things to be dong and a alot of NPCs to add flavor to the game like the underground rocket smuggling and the pollution that attracts Grimer.

In GSC id have to say Ecruteak because it was the first city to make you feel like Pokemon had lore and myths. before that Mewtwo was just scinece and the 3 birds were just rare, but Ho Oh and Lugia had a whole tale to them to be told that liked with the dogs too and then retconed the birds to also make this triforce of legends if you will.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I've always liked Sootopolis City because it's unique. It's the only town, I think (?), where you have to use an HM to enter (or you can't just stroll in). Anyway, I just really liked the concept of it and how the Groudon/Kyogre battle happened there too.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Gotta be Celadon and Goldenrod for me, probably because of the department stores and the game corners. And Goldenrod is near the Daycare as well, so I flew there a lot in GSC.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Celadon City, Saffron City & Goldenrod City. They're like the major cities of the games, so much to do in them and they all have awesome female Gym leaders.

PokeChick91

Master Trainer
    Years
  • mine had to be eucreteak because of all the action! you see the 3 dogs, capture ho-oh, defeat all 5 kimono girls, defeat gym leader, really memorable (:

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • From R/B/Y, I always loved Cinnabar Island, Saffron City and Celadon City. Cinnabar Island because, well, it's a town on an island, and I find that cool, and Saffron because it's huge omg and Sabrina's one of my favorite Gym Leaders, and Celadon City because Erika is my absolute favorite Gym Leader (Kanto, anyway)

And in G/S/C, I loved New Bark Town (yes really, I thought it was really peaceful and I loved the music), Azalea Town, Goldenrod City, Ecruteak City, and Olivine City omg. Lot more from G/S/C than R/B/Y, hmm.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • In R/B/Y there's no question what the most memorable town is. The Lavender Town tune is still stuck in my head, and I vaguely recall being freaked out by that town, though I think less than I am today after reading all those creepypastas xD I didn't understand English back in the time when I first played it, but the eerie atmosphere mixed together with that music was enough to tell me that Lavender Town was really creepy.

Though my favourite town... would probably have to be Pallet. I mean, it was there it all began, the whole franchise began in that little town, and every event that took place there has been printed into my memory ever since I was little, so it's easily my favourite town of them all.

For G/S/C, I'd probably have to say Mahogany town. The Lake of Rage events are probably one of those that are still the most clear to me, as I remember the hell I had to go through to finish it, and then expecting something cool to happen in the end, though all I got was to beat up Electrodes. Though I have to admit, the whole event was fun. Though my favourite thing about the town, is probably the RAGECANDYBAR. Ahhh, good times ;')

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • mines gotta be goldenrod cos i was o happy for the bike the later gens had a slow walking character and no running shoes

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    wow I'm surprised there are a lot of Lavender Town fans o.O
    I find that place and music creepy.
    I like Celadon City the most because of Game Corner and the happy music :D

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
  • In R/B/Y definitely Vermillion city. I always liked that it was a waterfront city and the town music was the best in the game IMO.

As for G/S/C probably Azalea Town for the best atmosphere. I always felt like I was in a city out the in the middle of the forest, secluded from the rest of the world. Goldenrod definitely had the best town music in G/S/C though.

NiGHtsBeta09

Rescuer/Explorer/Trainer
    Years
  • From what I can recall at the moment... In RBY, Pallet Town is just classic. It may not be the best, but it always served to calm a person down after a long series of difficult and possibly frustrating battles.

For GSC, it would likely be a tie between Goldenrod's Theme and Azalea/Blackthorn's Theme... They're all so lovely!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Cerulean City in RBY was my favorite. The blue was so beautiful and it just looked so amazing. I only liked it for how it looked, the actual town its self is kinda boring. As for memorable, I, like most of the others, thing that there's only one answer; Lavender Town. I play the game with the sound off and the tune is still stuck in my head from when I used to play with the sound on long ago. It's creepy and it gives me shivers, reading creepypasta doesn't help. ;;

As for GSC I guess I liked Goldenrod City the most because of how big and how there's a lot to explore. n_n But then I kinda liked Cianwood because of how far off it was and how it looked like a really relaxed town. I didn't really like the extension they gave it in HG/SS it ruined the relaxed atmosphere. ):

For most memorable GSC city it's between Blackthorn and Olivine. They are the town that appear in my head when I think of GSC, I don't really know why but they just do. I guess Blackthorn does because of it being the last stop on your Johto adventure.

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
    Years
  • Lavender Town was my most memorable town in R/B/Y. Its creepy and unnerving setting almost gave me a heart attack. As for my favorite, Goldenrod City struck me the most. I almost practically lived in its Department Store, too bad its sale of Elemental Stones were cut off in HG/SS.

Polizard'12

Pokemon Trader
    Years
  • I'd have to say Saffron city for Yellow, 2 gyms and a Rocket takeover makes it very eventful compared to the others, lavender town had a unique feel to it as well.
    In Gold, I enjoyed National Park and it's bug catching contests.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • From R/B/Y, I really liked Saffron City, and from GSC, I loved Goldenrod City. It's probably because I love big cities in real life~

Back