• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Your Most Favorite and Memorable Cities/Towns in R/B/Y and G/S/C?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    R/B/Y:
    It was Vermillion, the music was just so good and the town itself caught my eye and still does today.
    G/S/C:
    Johto: Cianwood, it's just so nice and peaceful, if it were a real town I Sooooo would live there.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • In RBY I'd definitely say either Celadon City or Cinnabar Island.

Celadon City is huge and marks the beginning of the most voluminous part of the game. You can now access the Rocket Game Corner which allows you to continue the main quest, you can finally access Saffron City once you've bought a drink from the vending machines, which allows you to play through the entire Silph Co. section of the game straight after the Rocket Game Corner if you please, etc.

Cinnabar Island just has a certain atmosphere about it because of its unique music, the fact that it's the only island in the game (everywhere else is either a Town or a City), the Pokemon Mansion with its eerie diary extracts detailing the story of Mew and Mewtwo, and the fact that the end of the game is drawing nearer as you go for your 7th badge.

For GSC I can't really pinpoint a town or city in particular because they're pretty much all equally as great as one another in my opinion. Ecruteak City is the same as Celadon City in that it gives you a choice of which direction to go in, as opposed to being stuck on a set route, so if I had to choose just one from Johto it'd be Ecruteak City.

Years
  • In RBY, I remember Celadon. Such a fun city :P On GSC, I loved Goldenrod (Dept. Store, Game Corner, Bug Catching Contest, Day Care) and Olivine City (more for my failures at the Battle TOwer than anything)

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • In RBY, I liked Celadon and Saffron. Might have been because they were so huge.
    In GSC, it was Ecruteak and Goldenrod. The music that played was awesome as well. I used to fly there just to hear them.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2015
    My favorites would be Lavender town in pokemon r/b/y because of the music and it had some of my favorite pokemon in it. My G/S/C favorite is Olvine City; the music it and violet town are absolutely lovely and the lighthouse story was nice too.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2022
    Goldenrod in GSC because I spent a large amount of time there! So much fun. Also I like the gym leaders team because Miltanks rollout ruined me a couple times (I think it might have been I was too young to strategize and such).

In R/G/B I also spent alot of time in Celadon. From grinding on the outskirts and visiting the Mall all the way to Getting in the Gamecorner to win pokemon and Beat TR once more.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    In RBY, my favourite was Lavender Town. It gave me the creepiest feeling I ever had at that time, making it memorable.

GSC, Ecruteak City. I don't know how I got this memorable but maybe because of the ancient theme it had.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2012
    Can only remember the r/b/y cities.

I've always had a soft spit for viridian city don't know why since there's barely anything in it lol
    I also really like Celadon City with the shopping centre and the gym

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    My favorite in RBY is Celadon because it gave me my favorite pokemon of all time, Vaporeon.

My favorite in GSC is Olivine City because I love love love Jasmine's sprite. I always thought her eyes were her nostrils.

Pothus

The Necromancer
    Years
  • As a child I liked Celadon city because I could go buy a Thunderstone for my Pikachu. I never once played through R/B/Y or FireRed without using a Pikachu.

Older I now like Cinnabar Island because I really enjoy the Dungeon located there.

Back