• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your Most Proud Catch Ever!!!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I would have to say umm....
    On Green Jap: Myuutsu (???)
    On Red Eng: Snorlax (lv. over 100) (GreatBallx2)
    On Blue Eng: Mewtwo (UltraBallx7)
    On Yellow Eng: Mewtwo (MasterBallx1)
    On Silver Eng: Shiney Ho-oh (MasterBallx1)
    On Gold Eng: Shiney Golbat (GreatBallx5)
    On Crystal Eng: Raikou (MasterBallx1)
    On Ruby Eng: Latios (UltraBall enc/4)
    On Sapphire Eng: Latias (MasterBallx1)
    On F/R Eng: Articuno (UltraBallx?)
    On L/G Eng: Articuno (UltraBallx?)
    On Emerald Eng: Rayquaza (UltraBallx6)
    On fake game E-monsters Diamond Hak: Nejiro (Phone) tried 3x
    On fake game E-monsters Jade Hak: Nejiro (Phone) tried 3x

Last edited:

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    Here's the thing: Fire Red, looking for a Poliwag for my team. First time I fish with the Super Rod, I find a Poliwhirl. So I catch it, knowing that I need one to get Jynx, but when I checked its nature, it was the one I wanted for my Poliwag! Some luck, huh?

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    When I caught a Nirdan in Gold with a pokeball that was shiny. That was my first shiny.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    Another one: In my Fire Red, going through the Safari Zone to get HM03, guess what I catch on the first try: Chansey, in one Pokeball.

Years
    Lesse here:

I caught a shiny Whismur at full health with a Great Ball.
    I caught Zapdos with a Pok? Ball.
    I caught a shiny Linoone after weakening it only with Sandstorm.
    My other four shinies are either Hoppips or Game Corner resets, so they don't apply here.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    My proudest catch is when I caught my shiny Mantine. I was looking for one and I found a shiny one and caught it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Umm...I haven't even caught anything worth mentioning >______>;

Although my hours spent in finding feebas may be it. That took FOREVER. Finally just snapped them up with ultra balls.

NiNGi's Worst Nightmare

*sparkle sparkle*
    Years
    I have 2 proud catches:

-I got Kyogre when I accidentally threw an Ultra Ball at it at the beginning of the battle. I mean to use a Potion on Swampert because I forgot to heal it before the battle. I chose the wrong pocket, and since I was in a hurry, chose the first thing in it.

-Feebas took me about 7 hours to find. When I did the first time, it ran away. The next 8 days were the same before I finally caught it.

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
    My proudest catch would be,catching my frist shiny,which was a wirmple.But in that same day,i encountered 2 shinies,except my Swellow killed the first one.
    Oh yeah,my other greatest catch was encounering Chimecho,and capturing it with a pokeball with 1 hp left.That's all i can remember right now.

Back